NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened in Omaha(Council Bluffs) last week.

Police ID body found at vacant No Frills in January - death ruled accidental

He had been missing 10 years.
Stories like that blow my mind. Nobody was able to smell a rotting corpse in the store? They didn't need to move the cooler for 10 whole years? It's not even like he was in the walls. I read into that case and learned that when he first went missing his mother suggested that he could have been at the store. Sounds like yet another case of incompetent investigators. The store went vacant in 2016, which still would have given them 7 years to look.
But anyhow, stories like that do make me wonder if Jason could be in some kind of abandoned building. It sure would be a lot easier to leave him there than burying him.

Stories like that blow my mind. Nobody was able to smell a rotting corpse in the store? They didn't need to move the cooler for 10 whole years? It's not even like he was in the walls. I read into that case and learned that when he first went missing his mother suggested that he could have been at the store. Sounds like yet another case of incompetent investigators. The store went vacant in 2016, which still would have given them 7 years to look.
But anyhow, stories like that do make me wonder if Jason could be in some kind of abandoned building. It sure would be a lot easier to leave him there than burying him.
You don’t move this type of cooler. It’s built in one location and stays there. It wound be like moving the bathroom in your house.

I immediately thought of Jason when I read that story. It makes me wonder if the accidental fall/becoming trapped angle deserves further exploration.

The guy in the article had a psychotic break and crawled into a space and got trapped. Where would Jason be trapped? He was only walking through a residential neighbourhood to the nearby school. If there was construction going on, I'm sure we would've heard about it by now. I admit that Jason falling down a random manhole sounds plausible given the way he literally vanished but I still suspect foul play.

Actually he didn't have a psychotic break, he was disabled. Many store employees would take brakes in the attic area for privacy.

I think the point is sometimes people are hiding in plain sight and we just don't see them.

I think the point is sometimes people are hiding in plain sight and we just don't see them.

'Sometimes'... absolutely. I just don't think that's the case with Jason. There's so few places within the couple of blocks for him to hide in plain sight. I'm still thinking someone killed him and moved his body away from the area; probably buried him in some woodlands or maybe even an abandoned barn

A comment I saw on a video about Jason. Not exactly a random troll either, because he actually has his own videos up and it's an active profile. Just a weird thing to post. The video is :

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.09.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 12.09.20 PM.png
    30 KB · Views: 84
Jonhall1001 I’m confused. What comment did you see? What was posted? I see the video. Can you please explain further about the comment? Thank you.

A comment I saw on a video about Jason. Not exactly a random troll either, because he actually has his own videos up and it's an active profile. Just a weird thing to post. The video is :

Certainly specific and sounds pretty sure. More than likely another "Mr dirtbag" type like from Maura Murray's case- some weirdo looking for a little attention.

Never knew about this backstory i just stumbled on...
Not likely, but could any of it be related to JJ's disapearance? speculation, imo, rbbm.
Kearney woman's lifelong search for her father reveals she has four brothers
by Erika Pritchard Nov 3, 2018
"KEARNEY — Donna Murphy of Kearney spent 73 years wondering what happened to her father. After a lifelong search, she has discovered a new family.

When Murphy, now 80, was 2 years old in Dallas, her father, James C. Lee, left his wife, Kathryn.

“He just disappeared ...,” Murphy said".

.................................................................................................................................
"The Lee brothers also have replaced four men lost in Murphy’s life.

She explained - her father left her, her husband and stepfather later died and her 19-year-old grandson Jason Jolkowski disappeared in 2001 when he was last seen taking out the trash outside his Omaha house.

“So, four men have disappeared, but God gave me four men back,” she said".

Never knew about this backstory i just stumbled on...
Not likely, but could any of it be related to JJ's disapearance? speculation, imo, rbbm.
Kearney woman's lifelong search for her father reveals she has four brothers
by Erika Pritchard Nov 3, 2018
"KEARNEY — Donna Murphy of Kearney spent 73 years wondering what happened to her father. After a lifelong search, she has discovered a new family.

When Murphy, now 80, was 2 years old in Dallas, her father, James C. Lee, left his wife, Kathryn.

“He just disappeared ...,” Murphy said".

.................................................................................................................................
"The Lee brothers also have replaced four men lost in Murphy’s life.

She explained - her father left her, her husband and stepfather later died and her 19-year-old grandson Jason Jolkowski disappeared in 2001 when he was last seen taking out the trash outside his Omaha house.

“So, four men have disappeared, but God gave me four men back,” she said".
That is so weird!! I search for things all the time on Jason looking for an update and didn’t see this! That’s great you found it. This must be Kelly’s mother.

Hmmm. I would guess the comment in JohHall’s link is someone repeating a local rumor they heard rather than firsthand information. Someone else in the YouTube comments thread said they were forwarding it on to the Omaha PD tip line.

The Donna Murphy report is interesting, though almost certainly unrelated to Jason’s disappearance. I’m glad that she found answers about her family’s past.

Has anyone ever talked about the whole Cubs fan thing. How often are folks from Omaha fans of the Cubs?
Seems plausible, but also you have just one state away, the Cardinals and the Royals. The Twins are arguably closer...?
I guess, is there a large fan base for the Cubs in Omaha?
Thank you

More to the point on my last question... What are the odds that someone basically on the same street, who went to the same church, would also like the Cubs...
Connections?....
Same basic street. (Pinkney) (I know Jason wasn't on Pinkney, though his house sat on it.)
Same church...
Likes the Cubs....
Trying to see the odds on that....
All the best to all.

I guess, is there a large fan base for the Cubs in Omaha?
Thank you
Omaha has no pro sports. We only have The Huskers. GO BIG RED Who were champs at the time and suck now.

Because we have no pro sports, we become fans of anything. Usually something close by. Chicago and KC are very popular here for Baseball, so popular in fact that the Cubs are now owned by Joe Rickettes of Omaha. The governor's father and founder of Ameritrade. (Also a really devout Catholic, LOL) This purchase of the Cubs is pretty recent though.

You will also see pictures of JJ wearing Husker jerseys. So, lots of Cubs fans.

Ok.
Next up.
Do we know exactly where the sewer construction was on that day, a d the day after Jason disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong