NE NE - Larry Hardenbrook, 78, Beaver City, 14 Jan 2020 *endangered*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Jan 15, 2020.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Larry Hardenbrook, 78, was last seen at 9:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of 10th Street in Beaver City. Hardenbrook left on foot with no coat, he does wear a bracelet with his name on it. Hardenbrook suffers from Alzheimer's. He is a white male, approximately 6'1" tall, approximately 190 pounds, with white hair and blue eyes, and wearing a dark colored sweater, jeans, and brown dress shoes.

EMA activated for missing 78-year-old

[​IMG]

Luckyzmom, PommyMommy and Dnp2be like this.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Endangered Missing Advisory | Nebraska State Patrol

NEStatePatrol on Twitter
    ENDANGERED MISSING ADVISORY: Please RT
    Larry HARDENBROOK, 78, w/m, 6'1", 190 lbs, with white hair, blue eyes, wearing a dark colored sweater, jeans, and brown dress shoes. HARDENBROOK is missing from the 600 block Tenth Street in Beaver City, and last seen at 9:45 pm on Tuesday.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    8:13 AM - 15 Jan 2020

NEStatePatrol on Twitter
    HARDENBROOK left on foot with no coat. He does wear a bracelet with his name on it. HARDENBROOK suffers from Alzheimer's. If you have any information, please call 911, or contact the Furnas County Sheriff's Department at 308-268-2245 immediately.
    5:15 AM · Jan 15, 2020

Luckyzmom likes this.
  3. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

How sad and concerning that he left without a coat. It was -4 in eastern NE today. If someone tried to help I am sure they would have contacted authorities already especially seeing the bracelet. However, it’s possible he may have been/is resistive to help depending on the progression of his Alzheimer’s. I hope his loved ones hear something soon.

4. Flight154

Flight154 Member

This is not a good time to be missing in the midwest

5. PommyMommy

JAN 17, 2020
    Search for Furnas County man with Alzheimer's continues

[​IMG]

[...]

On Friday, January 17, the cold and ice caused authorities to suspend their large scale search. Still, some agencies continue to coordinate, not giving up.

Furnas County Sheriff Doug Brown said 1,300 man-hours were put in and 500 miles have been covered by foot in Beaver City and surrounding areas.

"Tuesday night, he was going to go home because this isn't his home and he walked out the front door. I put my boots on, my coat on, picked up my keys, backed out of the driveway and by that time he was gone. Couldn't have been more than three minutes," said Larry Hardenbrook's wife KH.

[...]

"I'm so blessed to have such a support group around me and all the towns around us," said KH.

Dnp2be likes this.
  6. PommyMommy

JAN 17, 2020
    Beaver City man still not located, search area expanded
    [...]

After more than two days with no sign of him, the sheriff's office has expanded the search to include all areas located within a 15 mile radius of Beaver City.

They are asking that all property owners and tenants will search all area, including those that have been previously searched. Adding that it possible that Hardenbrook, due to his mental condition and medical status, may be actively avoiding contact.

[...]

It is a very rural area so there are a lot of places to be searched, including abandoned buildings, overgrown shrubbery. And for people who live in town, be sure to check your garages, cars or any outside buildings.

They said they've had people out on horseback, ATVs and troopers with Nebraska State Patrol. They brought out K9s and their helicopter and still nothing.

[...]

7. Wicked Strong

Wicked Strong Member

Thanks PommyMommy for the update. Today it is bitterly cold, and the wind chill takes your breath away. The family is large, and the community is a farm community so they all help.

Tripod and PommyMommy like this.
  8. PommyMommy

JAN 21, 2020
    Search for missing Beaver City man scaled back, but still active
    The Furnas County Sheriff’s Office and Beaver City Fire and Rescue have scaled-back large-scale search efforts for Larry Hardenbrook. Sheriff Doug Brown gives an update…

Per audio file in the article:
    • All large-group/large-area searches have been suspended.
    • Small groups of two to three people will continue to check outlying buildings within miles of Beaver City.
    • Sheriff wants to be able to say that they have checked all barns, bins, hay piles - anything of that nature where somebody could have hid themself.

bombardier likes this.