BILL COSBY SENTENCED 3 TO 10 YEARS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT
JOIN THE WEBSLEUTHS DISCUSSION

NE NE - Martina 'Tina' McMenamin, 18, Lincoln, 25 July 1995

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by mysteriew, Jul 16, 2005.

1. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Lincoln police continue to get tips and follow leads in the Tina McMenamin homicide nearly 10 years after she was killed.

McMenamin

One of those tips, reported to police earlier this year by an inmate, indicated that items were taken from the scene of the crime by the killer and hidden among rocks along the bike trail at 48th Street and Normal Boulevard, said Sgt. Larry Barksdale, who has managed the case since the crime was committed in July 1995.

The male inmate told police a man — who Barksdale said has been a suspect in the killing — talked to him about the crime several years ago. The inmate told police the man gave him specific information about the crime scene and invited him to look at personal items he took from McMenamin's apartment the night of the murder and hid along the bike path.

"If anybody found a photograph or a piece of jewelry (along the bike path) that was unusual or has any information, we would like to know," Barksdale said.

The inmate also said the man had identified two other people he wanted to kidnap and kill, one at an apartment complex at 27th Street and Nebraska 2 and another in Scottsbluff, Barksdale said

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/07/16/local/doc42d84e6350380511431545.txt

2. Sarahsue

Sarahsue New Member

Tina was a close friend of mine in high school. She is actually the reason I came to websleuths in 2003. I wish and pray her murder is solved someday. It still keeps me awake at night, and I still wish it never happened.
    Our 15 year class reunion is next month, and I wish I was able to give her a big hug, and see that big smile of hers :)

3. Sarahsue

Sarahsue New Member

4. rachelcanteatcheese

rachelcanteatcheese New Member

This case interests me a lot. I'm from Lincoln, and the original suspect was a regular customer at the grocery store where I worked when I was in high school. I remember one specific occasion when the suspect was talking to me and other customers shooed him away and told me, "that guy murdered somebody." I'm not sure if he actually had anything to do with Tina's murder, but interacting with him really sparked my interest in the case. Does anybody know where more information can be found online?

5. bflocket

bflocket Well-Known Member

Some of the earlier links are dead (and not saved at archive.org). I found a few stories, but they basically detail who did not kill her.

Newspaper: Strohl Clocked In
    McCook Daily Gazette (McCook, NE)
    1/11/1996
    Charges dropped against Tina McMenamin's alleged killer
    The Daily Nebraskan (Lincoln, NE)
    6/15/2006
    Police say man frightens tanning parlor employee
    Lincoln Journal Star (Lincoln, NE)
    11/9/2009