NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, autistic, La Vista, 17 May 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mrsu, May 20, 2021.

1. enw10110

enw10110 Well-Known Member

Interesting. A woman with his picture (the same one being circulated) asking questions about him the day he disappeared. Seems like someone just trying to help. I wonder if they actually think she can help or if they're grasping at straws hoping she heard something in her search that maybe they didn't.

2. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

The article says May 18, so it sounds like she was just going door to door looking for him and asking if anyone had seen him. I think you’re right, they are hoping she came across information they haven’t.

I think this will be updated soon, any local who knows her will likely let her know if she hasn’t already seen the article. I think she was just being helpful searching for Ryan when there wasn’t much else being done.

3. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

I wonder where LE got the photo in question.

He went missing on May 17.

Is it possible that LE received photos early on only to just now determine that the photo they had was taken a day after he was reported missing?

How does LE know which day that photo was taken?????

Something is weirding me out.

JMO

bluenoser, Flicka1, Limecat and 3 others like this.
  4. novo8085

novo8085 Well-Known Member

5. novo8085

What Happened To Ryan Larsen?

6. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

that’s now we originally heard about the case, a woman was asking about him and whether or not we’ve seen him.

Alcina, misgrn, j_in_c and 2 others like this.
  7. Dnp2be

Dnp2be Well-Known Member

that the impression we had. If I recall correctly, we saw her the same day he went missing but I’ll have to ask hubby to be sure. He works nights and is still sleeping.

misgrn, Flicka1 and bluenoser like this.
  8. enw10110

I heard about it on Nextdoor when people were asking what all the helicopters were doing. So of course I came straight here. I hadn't been on WS since Sydney and Lucas :( Now I have Ryan and Xavior and then hopefully I'll be able to escape this depressing place again... I just can't handle how sad these cases are. They literally keep me awake at night.

CalmSeas, Tutter, mgeni and 4 others like this.
  9. spiritkiss

spiritkiss Well-Known Member

Flicka1 likes this.
  10. spiritkiss

spiritkiss Well-Known Member

His family said he likes construction vehicles. One of the things they mentioned about what he loves. I noticed you mentioned that there was that near his last location

jash, Flicka1, Paige Franklin and 2 others like this.
  11. Finlay

Finlay Call me Finn

Is there any way to find out the commercial garbage pick-up schedule in that area?

Flicka1, misgrn and novo8085 like this.
  12. enw10110

Absolutely. There's a huge project with the La Vista city center. A parking garage, what looks like apartment buildings... I don't even know what else... it's massive. Lots of construction equipment. He could have gotten there in 10 minutes from where he was last seen without having to cross major streets. AND, he would have known it was there because it's so close to his house. If he left with a plan (which it sounds like they think he did), that would be an ideal location.

It was also raining pretty much the whole week he disappeared. That would also lead me to think he probably looked for shelter of some kind.

Alcina, legalmomma, Flicka1 and 5 others like this.
  13. novo8085

Perish the thought, but my mind keeps thinking of Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada, who was missing for 10 years and was ultimately found behind a cooler in a closed No Frills market - **for those not familiar and/or who do not live in the area: Grocery store employee missing for 10 years found behind store's cooler | CNN

I would hate to think Ryan met his demise in a similar way, but IF he had the tendency to hide when afraid...I'm sure the search teams have thought of this as well.

14. Ursamajr

Ursamajr Well-Known Member

I wonder if she took these photos herself. Maybe theres a chance he approached her on the street or she approached him asking where his parent was? Maybe he asked for help or said something that set off her hinky meter? Was it apparent that he is autistic? Could she have taken a picture just in case? Maybe to ask around to see if anyone knew him? A possibility he became frightened and ran off? Many questions.

CalmSeas and Flicka1 like this.
  15. novo8085

I believe it was a screen shot from the Find Ryan facebook page. They have talked with her and she did not offer any info...

16. Ursamajr

Ursamajr Well-Known Member

Would that mean that the Find Ryan page was set up that soon after he was said to be missing? Any chance her picture came first and then appeared on the FB page? I figure it doesn't matter now that she was unable to help.

Flicka1 likes this.
  17. Angleena

Angleena @}--`--,----

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake

jash, Limecat, Normancita and 9 others like this.
  18. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

Am I looking at the wrong Pawnee Lake? It looks like it’s 58 miles from La Vista where Ryan went missing.

19. enw10110

No, that's the one. I can't see any way Ryan would be there, unless someone took him there. Even if he wandered that distance, trails and things wouldn't end up there.

I can't imagine it being Xavior either. Why would someone take him and leave him right by Lincoln? I'd think they'd choose somewhere more remote.

It's almost certainly Carly. She went missing from Lincoln under suspicious circumstances.

Alcina, Normancita, Anirtak and 7 others like this.
  20. novo8085

No you are correct. Ryan would be 1 to 1.5 hours from the lake.
    I think you meant Ryan was 1 to 1.5 hours from the lake, not miles...but stranger things have happened (should it be Ryan or Xavior's body there).