Sprang, circa 1996

• Missing Since 12/19/1996
  • Missing From Lincoln, Nebraska
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 61 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'7, 120 - 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Sprang may have scarring on both arms from psoriasis, a skin condition.
Details of Disappearance
Sprang got into an argument with her mother in Two Rivers, Wisconsin on June 16, 1990, and left in a taxi. Her family never saw or heard from her again.

The last sign of her was on December 19, 1996, when the police in Lincoln, Nebraska had contact with her. There's been no indication of her whereabouts since. Few details are available in Sprang's case. Wisconsin police are investigating.
Investigating Agency
  • Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department 920-683-4216

3230DFWI - Shirley Leona Sprang
3230DFWI.jpg

Name: Shirley Leona Sprang
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 19, 1996
Location Last Seen: Two Rivers, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin

Physical Description
Date of Birth: Unknown
Race: White
Height: 5'0" to 5'6"
Weight: 120-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She may have scarring on both arms from psoriasis.

3230DFWI.jpg

Name: Shirley Leona Sprang
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 19, 1996
Location Last Seen: Two Rivers, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin

Physical Description
Date of Birth: Unknown
Race: White
Height: 5'0" to 5'6"
Weight: 120-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She may have scarring on both arms from psoriasis.

Thanks again @dotr for opening a thread for Shirley.

I'm just wondering about the age stated...I suppose that is her current age? It sound a bit odd that a 61 years old woman has an argument with her mother and is never heard of again. Besides that her mother would have a non possible age. So if it is the current age she would be born somewhere around 1935/1936. Confusing.

Sorry, have to add something she had the argument with her mother in 1990 according to the files. She reappeared in 1996 according to police, who had contact with her (face-to-face or by telephone?) Where was the contact about....and who provided the later picture saying this was her in 1996. How is that possible if nobody of the family had contact with her after 1990....I think some things are not adding up. Seeing that over and over again is mp cases. Sad...I guess the family does the best they can.

Last edited:
Two Rivers, Wisconsin to Lincoln, Nebraska is over 9 hours away. What would have made her go there? Did she have a boyfriend? Did she have a criminal record? Known for traveling to visit people?

The interaction with police in Lincoln, NE should have been documented. What was the reason? Is there a mug shot?

Two Rivers, Wisconsin to Lincoln, Nebraska is over 9 hours away. What would have made her go there? Did she have a boyfriend? Did she have a criminal record? Known for traveling to visit people?

The interaction with police in Lincoln, NE should have been documented. What was the reason? Is there a mug shot?

Exactly! I mean there must be some documentation. If it was by telephone only...it could have been somebody else. The picture of her with the baby must have been somewhere before 1990 if you ask me.

Last edited:
Her NamUS page has 2 other photos that were posted in 2013. Is there family looking for her? I hope a relative has done DNA so she can be matched to any Jane Does.

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Family of her joined WS just the other day. Shirley is/was their cousin. How wonderful it is, to know people are still caring for her and wondering what became of her.

I hope it's oké that I bring the post over. They were posting in the thread for Annandale Jane Doe (found 12/18/1996) where Shirley is discussed as a possible match a few times.

This is the post from @CBinWI
Hello! My sister and I were talking about our cousin, Shirley Sprang, today and we were searching with the tiny bits of info we had. We came across this page and saw that she had been considered as a possible identity for this Jane Doe. I see the thread is now 88 pages long and I have to admit to not reading all of the posts, but if there's any more information/evidence linking Shirley to this woman, we'd appreciate it. I could write more, but it seems unnecessary.

Last edited:
Family of her joined WS just the other day. Shirley is/was their cousin. How wonderful it is, to know people are still caring for her and wondering what became of her.

I hope it's oké that I bring the post over. They were posting in the thread for Annandale Jane Doe (found 12/18/1996) where Shirley is discussed as a possible match a few times.

This is the post from @CBinWI
Hello! My sister and I were talking about our cousin, Shirley Sprang, today and we were searching with the tiny bits of info we had. We came across this page and saw that she had been considered as a possible identity for this Jane Doe. I see the thread is now 88 pages long and I have to admit to not reading all of the posts, but if there's any more information/evidence linking Shirley to this woman, we'd appreciate it. I could write more, but it seems unnecessary.
VA - VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

I'm just wondering about the age stated...I suppose that is her current age? It sound a bit odd that a 61 years old woman has an argument with her mother and is never heard of again. Besides that her mother would have a non possible age. So if it is the current age she would be born somewhere around 1935/1936. Confusing.

Sorry, have to add something she had the argument with her mother in 1990 according to the files. She reappeared in 1996 according to police, who had contact with her (face-to-face or by telephone?) Where was the contact about....and who provided the later picture saying this was her in 1996. How is that possible if nobody of the family had contact with her after 1990....I think some things are not adding up. Seeing that over and over again is mp cases. Sad...I guess the family does the best they can.

If Shirley was 61 in 1990, her mother could have been as young as her upper 70s if she was quite young when she gave birth to Shirley. Plenty young enough to get into an argument with her daughter.

I think that 1996 picture is a side profile mugshot. So the police would have provided it.

Last edited:
@carbuff Is this the picture you are referring to and think it's a mugshot? View attachment 369474or did you see yet another picture?

No, the one I saw was black and white, and her head was more erect, like she was looking straight ahead instead of down at the baby. It was on either Charley Project or Doenetwork but I don't now, so I'm going to guess it was a mistake either on their part or mine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back