GUILTY NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, brutally murdered, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #4 *Boswell appeal 2023*

Was the same "gray electrical cord" used on Sydney used on Bailey beforehand (according to Trail?)

Any marks on Bailey?

They had no safety measures in place (safeword, hand signal, (both of which would be ineffective when choking someone and not giving them the use of their arms anyway; a bell to ring etc) or at least, Aubrey didn't mention any of these things in his testimony it seems. The only time safety measures aren't a concern is if you don't care about the outcome :( or if the entire erotic asphyxiation story is made up. :mad:

This was no accident.

Curious though as to why people feel that he is throwing Bailey under the bus? His doing away with the "two other women were there and an agreement of monetary compensation" story doesn't implicate Bailey any more or any less. He says he accidentally killed and then dismembered Sydney and they both cleaned up and disposed of her. Cell data was what led LE to the disposal site. What things has he implicated Bailey of doing that he wasn't aware of or present for that weren't known? I feel like I must have missed something vital in this crazy court case and his testimony where he is implicating her instead of himself....what was it?

His initial story was that BB had nothing to do with anything and she was in another room, and IIRC, stoned, when Sydney died.

Now he has BB in the bedroom and participating in a sex act when Sydney was killed, and then helping clean up the evidence.

Not sure what this will mean for BB in her trial, but I don't think it's going to help her.

JMO

I believe Nebraska still has the 3 strike rule. If so and he is convicted of anything less than 1st degree punishable by death- will this 3 strike rule add an additional 10 years to his sentence?

I think it's when he said that he was in it for the money, but BB was in it for the sex. I guess that could sound like it was BB's idea. I don't know, I also didn't get the impression that he said anything to throw her any more under the bus than she already is. If he did, I'm sure he didn't do it intentionally.

This is JMO, but he couldn't come up with the two women he initially claimed were in the room when Sydney was killed, because they don't exist.

My understanding is the prosecution has stated Sydney was killed on the living room floor. I don't think the prosecution just pulled that out of the air, but they have very good reason to think that is where she was killed.

JMO, AT is incapable of telling the truth. He is so void of empathy that he lied in front of Sydney's family in the courtroom. He's done his best to try to destroy Sydney's character and JMO, he's enjoyed every minute of it.

He's pure evil. A psychopath, JMO.

This is JMO, but he couldn't come up with the two women he initially claimed were in the room when Sydney was killed, because they don't exist.

My understanding is the prosecution has stated Sydney was killed on the living room floor. I don't think the prosecution just pulled that out of the air, but they have very good reason to think that is where she was killed.

JMO, AT is incapable of telling the truth. He is so void of empathy that he lied in front of Sydney's family in the courtroom. He's done his best to try to destroy Sydney's character and JMO, he's enjoyed every minute of it.

He's pure evil. A psychopath, JMO.
Now I am confused...I know they mentioned in reports that they took samples of the carpet because something was odd about what they found on the living room floor but the video of the Omaha news reporter last night said Trail said her body was in their bed for about an hour and a half

Now I am confused...I know they mentioned in reports that they took samples of the carpet because something was odd about what they found on the living room floor but the video of the Omaha news reporter last night said Trail said her body was in their bed for about an hour and a half
I am sure AT said she was lying in the bed to support his story of consensual sex. He also said she was dismembered on the kitchen floor. His lies never end!!

You aren't alone in being confused. JMO, I don't think AT is capable of telling the truth so I'm relying on any clues provided by the prosecution for the truth.

Aubrey Trail's fate in the hands of the jury

This article has details of prosecutor's closing. Honestly. It's confusing to me. Wondering how jurors will deal with it all.
In other words, will AT's stories confuse the basic issue here, that it was premeditated? Will they go with lesser charge?

I'm almost positive that's exactly what he was going for. I don't think it will work though.

Jenna Liston FOX42 on Twitter
. Now we are hearing from Trail’s defense attorney’s:

Joe Murray (Trail’s attorney) starts out his closing argument with thanking the jury members for sitting through this trial for its entirety.

. Murray said Loofe’s family and friends knew about her depression/drug use.

“This was a girl who was on a serious downward spiral,” Murray said about Loofe.

“Trail made it very clear - Boswell had nothing to do with Loofe’s death & he will always protect people in his group.”

. Murray said: All along, Trial told investigators “The answer is in the palm of your hands”.

Trail meant it was in the phones of him/Boswell/Loofe/K.B./A.G./A.H.

Trail said “dig deep on that phone and the information you will find, will help you.”

. Murray said the photos found on Sydney’s iCloud showed photos of sexual acts including choking.

Trail told investigators to go to the Grand Weaver hotel and show them his picture.

Hotel staff said Loofe may have been there with Trail in the summer of 2017.

. Murray said on Feb. 4th, 2018, that was the first day Trail identified Loofe’s death was an accident during sex.

“There’s no DNA, no fingerprints found on the extension cord.” Murray said. "There was no proof that Trail was using an extension cord when Loofe passed away."

. Murray said jury members have been given 844 exhibits of evidence throughout the trial.

He said all of this information is to try to throw the jury members off from the point of this trial:

Was Trail’s actions intentional or was this an accident?

. Murray claims Aubrey Trail is the victim and he was raped multiple times by witches.

Throughout testimonies we have heard that Trail was drugged at some points before having sex with these women.

. Murray laid out the possible options for the jury members to decide on: 1st Degree, 2nd Degree or Involuntary manslaughter.

He said 1st and 2nd degree are out of the question.

. “I don’t have a lot of power points,” said Murray. “But I have a lot of evidence!”

Testimony shows Loofe at one point took a 30 mental health break from work.

Murray cont. to describe how Loofe went to her family for help and she hated her job.

. Murray said Trail never forced anyone do anything they did not want to.

Murray said the two people who worked at the Grand Weaver recognize Loofe from her checking into the hotel.

Murray said the selfies on Loofe’s phone don’t depict her as “shy”.

. Murray talked about the numerous lies Trail told investigators but some of the “bizarre” things Trail said were true.

“Trail said K.B. liked to act like a cat and crawl on all fours. I’m not sure if I would have fallen for that one but it turned out to be true.”

. “Aubrey was vampire, there were witches, give me a break,” said Murray.

Murray said all of those ideas came from a Stephen King book about witches who would kill people to get powers.

. At one point, Murray said A.H. and the other witches came up with a plan to kill Aubrey Trail.

“And she’s (A.H.) the victim?” said Murray.

Murray is explaining how these women drugged Trail/were out to get him.

. Murray said, when asked if the blade was changed in the course of cutting up her body - no evidence was found about a new blade.

The anthropologist said the cuts on Loofe’s body did not appear to be used by a brand new, out of the box, hack saw was ever used on the body.

. The state decided to rebuttal after listening to the defense’s closing argument.

“Ladies and gentlemen, use your common sense.” said Prosecutors.

We are now waiting for the judge to give instructions to jury members before they deliberate.

. The 12 jury members will go back to the jury room to deliberate.

Jury members are not allowed to have sympathy/prejudice to decide the verdict.

The judge says jury members should not use the statements made that were disregarded to not be apart of their decision.

[every time I read new tweets about the testimony I think it can’t get crazier. Well I am wrong every time. Why on earth they would even think to say AT is a victim bc he was drugged and raped by the witches is absolutely beyond me. I hope they throw the book at him]

Lori Pilger on Twitter
The jury of 6 men and 6 women now have Aubrey Trail's case for deliberations. They are sequestered so if they don't reach a verdict by 9 p.m., they will go to a hotel and come back at 9 a.m. tomorrow.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
In closing arguments this afternoon, defense attorney Joe Murray described Sydney Loofe as a young woman on a "serious downward spiral" and said the house, left packed with stuff, showed Trail and Boswell weren't planning to go anywhere.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
The state said 2 Falls City women who worked at a hotel were mistaken about seeing Sydney Loofe with Aubrey Trail & Bailey Boswell over the summer. Murray told the jury "you can't just ignore it."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
"I don’t particularly like him, I’m pretty sure you don’t either, but he’s entitled to be treated fairly," Joe Murray said of Aubrey Trail, who he said surprised him yesterday by changing his story on the stand. He said trial can't be some kind of "runaway justice."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
"The forensic pathologist can’t tell if the death was accidental or intention. I suggest neither can you," Murray argued. And, he said, the hacksaw wasn't proof of premeditation because the toolmark expert saw no evidence the body was dismembered by a brand new blade.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
In rebuttal comments, Mike Guinan said "They thought they had committed the perfect crime. What they did not count on were the dominos that fell so soon after. Within days they (investigators) had discovered who these people were."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
If the hacksaw wasn't used, where did it go, Guinan asked? "The two of them had been planning, scheming and lusting after, desiring a murder for months. That’s what we have here."

Trail's defense gives closing arguments in Sydney Loofe murder trial
Aubrey Trail's defense attorney had his last chance to defend his client Wednesday afternoon as he gave his closing arguments.
"We’ve got a bizarre case of characters in this trial, and I don’t need to tell you that,” said Joe Murray.
"I don’t particularly like him, but Trail does deserve to be treated fairly."
“Even after what you’ve seen. After you’ve seen pictures of her dismembered body.”“You can and you must continue to focus on the issues and what is fair before reaching a fair trial”
Murray said no one planned for her to die and laid out his evidence:

• Murray said that Trail admitted to buying a hack saw but did not admit to buying a hack saw to plan and kill someone.
  • Trail's defense said the prosecution's only defense is that Trail bought something similar to what was used to cut up her body, but it does not show the intent in which he wanted to use it.
  • Murray said Trail didn’t leave behind any clues that Loofe was in that house. “This genius that ‘planned everything,’ drove to an area he had never been before and threw her body parts out into a road ditch. That’s the best you can do?” "Does common sense tell you that he had a plan? Of course, it doesn’t."
  • In response to Trail's on-stand confession, Murray said, “I was pissed, I was angry.” He never changed the fact that the death was accidental. “No murder was planned, the substance of what he said remained the same.”
  • Murray said nothing Trail has said was incorrect. “I realized my defense had not changed. I originally told you about the fantasy but we all found out at the same time that it wasn’t true.”
  • Murray said Trail never made anyone do anything they did not want to.
Trail's defense also tried to highlight the sexual appetites of the women Trail was involved with:

• Murray said the photos and selfies on Loofe’s phone don’t depict her as “shy”.
  • “For the bizarreness of it, Trail said K.B. liked to act like a cat, crawl on all fours and eat out of a cat dish. I’m not sure if I would have fallen for that one but it turned out to be true.”
  • Murray talks about the rough sex A.H. had as, “...what she wanted,” Trail testified earlier that one night in a hotel room in Branson, A.H. was with Boswell.
  • Murray talked about K.B. and her fascination with old renaissance torture techniques. Murray said at one point K.B. and Boswell drugged Trail (gave him medication) and raped Trail.
  • At some point, Murray said A.H. and the other witches came up with a plan to kill Aubrey Trail. “And she’s (A.H.) the victim?”
During the defense's closing argument, Murray calls a lot of the evidence, failed evidence:

• Murray said the pathologist cannot say if Loofe’s death was accidental or intentional. Murray said all of the bruises and even the cut on Loofe’s ear could have happened during rough sex.
  • Murray said when asked if the blade was changed in the course of cutting up her body there was no evidence found about a new blade.
  • The anthropologist said the cuts on Loofe’s body did not appear to be made by a brand new, out of the box hacksaw.
"You’ve got a lot of options here," Murray told the jury.

Murray pointed out very specifically to the jury that they are going to be considering murder in the first degree.

“Murder one is out the window, there is no evidence of that.”
Murray said Murder 1 is off the table and Murder 2 means he caused the death of Loofe but it was unintentional and lacked premeditation. He says that means it is also off the table.

Murray said involuntary manslaughter means Trail caused the death of Loofe unintentionally while in the commission of an unlawful act. Trail’s conduct caused Loofe’s death without cause.

“The defense is required to prove nothing.”“You must not involve sympathy or prejudice to influence your verdict.”“Folks, if there was no plan to kill someone then there was no conspiracy. There was a lot of talk but nothing was ever acted on.”

I'd really hate to be AT's defense attorney. What a hideous and thankless job, IMO.

As for the defense attorney's statement:

"Does common sense tell you that he had a plan? Of course, it doesn’t."

Ummmm, common sense tells me that AT is a really stupid criminal who doesn't realize that he is stupid. He's spent a chunk of his adult life in various prisons because he left a trail of evidence that got him caught. And convicted.

JMO

I think it's funny that in one of AT's letters to BB, he said, "They say you're good at computers and phones. I told them this is the hi-tech age. Everyone is." I'm actually pretty convinced they're both really bad with technology.

1) They apparently didn't think LE could track them via Tinder
2) BB took her phone with her while preparing for a murder
3) BB took her phone with her AND kept in on while disposing of a body
4) They got caught in MO because they uploaded videos and LE track the ip addresses

The phone is what solved this case. It has nothing to do with not having a plan. It's about not being tech-savvy enough to not leave a digital trail. They didn't think they'd get caught.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back