Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Discussion in 'Trials' started by LisaWL7TR, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValhallaWolves

ValhallaWolves Well-Known Member

This is a big MOO. But I wouldn’t be shocked to see that AT had decided he wanted to kill someone and BB was responsible for finding someone. She lured Sydney in under the guise of “making money doing a video” and maybe Sydney agreed- she’s young, beautiful, possibly needed the money. Then he has the messages to back up that they were making a movie and can claim that he strangled her “accidentally”.

This case gets me so worked up. Not just because they’re huge ***, but because they’ve been so blatantly disrespectful to Sydney and her family during this whole ordeal.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Yes, that's exactly what I think happened - plus his plan was to film the whole thing, imo. There is a market for that. :(

So sad. And scary.

jmo

misgrn, Niner and molly1255 like this.
  3. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

It is beyond imagination. I do believe everything that was done to Sydney was planned.

I don't think AT and BB planned on having to go on the run after the murder. I think AT was arrogant enough to believe there was nothing that would connect Sydney's disappearance to them. I read that Sydney's mom had a picture of "Audrey" - BB that she provided to LE.

4. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Waiting outside courthouse right now. No cell phones allowed today so will give updates when I can.

misgrn, Myvice, Inthedetails and 5 others like this.
  5. GoJacks

GoJacks Well-Known Member

If you read the updates from yesterday basically Sydney had sent a picture of "Audrey" aka Bailey to her friend. After they couldn't get ahold of Sydney her friend actually went and made a tinder profile, found "Audrey" they matched, and the friend got Audrey's number as well. Pretty good doing on the friends part.

LIVE BLOG: Sydney Loofe murder trial

6. Inthedetails

Yes, that makes sense!

They likely didn't anticipate that Sydney would share a photo. The first date with BB was probably to figure out if Sydney had a family, roommate, etc. who would miss her right away (in addition to see if she was agreeable to some sex antics - but they tricked her about what she was agreeing to).

They didn't know Sydney shared a photo and as well as info about the second date, so they had to run.

I think you got that right.

jmo

7. molly1255

AT's (and BB's) only hope of escaping the death penalty is if they can "sell" Sydney being a willing participant and that her death was an accident and not premeditated murder.

Unless they have proof that Sydney consented to making a video, I don't think that story is going to fly with the jury. It obviously didn't fly with LE because they are both charged with first degree murder.

Anxious to see what happens in court today.

8. molly1255

AT thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, JMO. He's not smart. He has a very long history of committing crimes, getting caught and convicted. He's been in multiple prisons.

My thoughts have been that Sydney was looking for a relationship and I think she was really excited because she thought "Audrey" might be the right person.

I could be wrong, but it will take solid proof Sydney consented to any of what is coming out of AT's mouth via his attorney before I ever believe it. I think she was caught by surprise and had no way of escaping.

JMO

Kittybunny, misgrn, Jethro4WS and 5 others like this.
  9. molly1255

Very interesting and thank you for the link!

misgrn, Jethro4WS and GoJacks like this.
  10. Inthedetails

I can watch the court happenings today but will catch up later. Hope it's a satisfying day.

jmo

misgrn, Jethro4WS and molly1255 like this.
  11. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

A very harsh chemical like bleach.... "For antiques"
    If you're going to lie, at least lie convincingly.

I shutter to think about what those roasting pans were for. Considering everything else that was purchased, it's doubtful Bailey was planning to make a potroast for Aubrey using those.

Also, I hate to be so graphic or to even ask about it, but curiosity has me wondering: the reports specifically said that her tongue, spleen, kidneys and heart were missing. Does anyone have any ideas as to why that may be?

Sydney Loofe's death: Sexual fantasy gone wrong or planned murder?

Also, I think the defense's claim that Aubrey & Bailey were simply on the run/had no plan as to what to do after "proves" that it was not premeditated and was an accident is very weak. Running doesn't mean you aren't purposeful in your actions, and being a poor planner doesn't mean you didn't plan.
    As if all murderers have excellent foresight and are highly skilled in strategic long-range maintenance planning. :rolleyes:

wary, Kittybunny, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  12. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Thanks!

misgrn and Jethro4WS like this.
  13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. I don’t think she would share a picture of someone she intended to make a sex video with after the first date with family and friends. I truly believe she was excited that she met someone she really liked. The whole thing is absolutely horrifying.

14. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Long wait this morning. Trail did not show up in court. Judge recessed until 1:00. Will go back at that time to see if it reconvenes

15. MissMalowe

Wonder if he had another heart attack or another stroke.
    Karma.

16. MommyStephV

MommyStephV Well-Known Member

So help me, this delay better not be because of some shady shenanigans Trail is playing.

JenniD - how full has the courtroom been? I'm in Lincoln and would love to attend, but don't want to drive over there if it's been full.

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Niner and 2 others like this.
  17. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

Not full. I PM you with more details

Jethro4WS and J@cknsal1y like this.
  18. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I hope not. I want him to suffer through all of this!!

19. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

NTV News
    Testimony has been delayed and jurors have been excused until 1 p.m. in the murder trial of Aubrey Trail, who is accused in the death of Sydney Loofe. The judge said there were issues that caused the delay, but didn't give specific details.
    NTV News on Twitter

2 hours prior:
    1011 NOW
    Aubrey Trail, the defendant accused of killing 24-year-old Sydney Loofe, hasn't shown up to court yet today. The attorneys aren't in the courtroom either. They're in the chambers with the judge. Follow our live blog for updates.
    1011 NOW on Twitter

Saline County District Judge Vicky Johnson called in the jury and told them to come back at 1 p.m. Johnson did not disclose the exact nature of the delay, though she mentioned that the courthouse has had problems with its elevator and its air-conditioning system.

The courtroom at the Saline County Courthouse is located on the third floor, and Trail, who now uses a wheelchair due to two recent heart attacks and a stroke, was not present when the judge briefly addressed jurors.

A repairman was checking the elevator Wednesday morning.

Undisclosed problem delays start of testimony in Aubrey Trail's first-degree murder trial

misgrn, Jethro4WS, Hazelnutty and 2 others like this.
  20. MissMalowe

Are you able to share the details with everyone here? :)

Jethro4WS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.