Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did get some information today from reliable source that said the razor blade was the blade from a disposable razor
Apparently when they are given to inmate to shave then need to be returned to corrections officer when finished. Must have missed that the blade was no longer in razor
Bet someone’s in trouble

The judge and the state of Nebraska should be embarrassed. How do you let a criminal like this bring a shank into the courtroom? He's a coward and doesn't want to be in the courtroom. Like many cases, I'm expecting another suicide attempt.
I think he wants the theatrics, not actual death.

The judge and the state of Nebraska should be embarrassed. How do you let a criminal like this bring a shank into the courtroom? He's a coward and doesn't want to be in the courtroom. Like many cases, I'm expecting another suicide attempt.

Except I don’t think that was anything close to a suicide attempt, it was more like his attempt at trying to win an Academy Award.... He’s such a bozo.

Wednesday, June 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 6) (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains (plead guilty to this charge 6/18/19) & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. Trial started 6/17/19 with jury selection. Trial started on 6/18/19 & runs thru 7/5/19. Jurors: 7 women & 5 men, with 3 alternates.
Court info & Trial information from Day 1-3 (6/11/19 to 6/21/19) reference post #615 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

6/24/19 Day 4: State witnesses: FBI agent (about searches at the Wilber apt). Saline County Sheriff's deputy (about searches conducted in the Wilber area). Manager of a Days Inn in Spencer, Iowa. The murder trial took an unexpected turn on Monday when Trail had an outburst in the middle of the courtroom. Reports from the courthouse indicate Trail cut his throat during the outburst. Trail is unconscious and it's a very bloody scene. Trail shouted: “Bailey is innocent and I curse you all.” Deputies immediately overwhelmed. The judge immediately made the media turn off recording devices, jury & everyone in courtroom was dismissed. A first aid kit was grabbed, and a stretcher went into the courtroom, according to a 1011 reporter on the scene. An ambulance came and took Trail to the hospital. Trial scheduled to resume at 2 pm. Judge Johnson said he was back in custody, and will be handcuffed for the rest of the trial. Court was adjourned for the day and will resume tomorrow at 9am, 6/25.
6/25/19 Day 5: Trail voluntarily waived his appearance to appear today. Each day they will be taking up the issue as to whether or not he wants to show up. In regards to his self-inflicted injury, he has left the hospital after receiving stitches & is recovering in his cell. State witnesses: Lincoln police investigator (no name given). Jenny Bloom (clerk who worked at the Grandstay Hotel and Suites, where Trail & Boswell stayed for 3 nights). FBI Agent Jackie Hann (who assisted in the search of the room). FBI Special Agent Mike Maseth (discussed videos posted to Facebook by Trail & Boswell). FBI Agent Dana Kreeger (on what they found in the hotel room). Lincoln investigator Robert Hurley (re cell phones & finding Sydney's body). FBI Special Agent Eli McBride (re search & recovery of body), will continue testimony tomorrow, 6/26.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) – Next Pretrial hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/25 thru 11/1/19.

Except I don’t think that was anything close to a suicide attempt, it was more like his attempt at trying to win an Academy Award.... He’s such a bozo.
I agree it’s all theatrics. If he really wanted to kill himself he could’ve done it in his cell. I also think his choice of words “I curse you all“ is rather strange. He didn’t say “to blank with you all“- the cursed part made me wonder if he doesn’t think he has witchcraft Power

He is being housed in one of the prisons here. That's who gave him the razor to "shave". Someone should be fired IMO. They are supposed to make sure they get those back. And, I am pretty sure they are supposed to be strip searched when leaving from and coming back into the prison. Obviously, that didn't happen. I'm sure the judge had some strong words for the Saline County Sheriffs office that day, but they may of figured he was already searched. I'm sure he will be searched more than once from now on (if he shows back up that is).

Lori Pilger on Twitter
FBI Special Agent Mike Maseth testified Tuesday about how they made an emergency request to Facebook and Verizon to track the video to a Trac phone that had only made one call. It was earlier that day to the Windmill Inn in Branson, where Trail and Boswell were arrested Nov. 30.

Such great detective work. Love it.

jmo

I am baffled is this Katelyn Brandel the same as the name Kaitlyn Randell that was found on a prescription bottle in their apartment?! Was the name just reported or typed wrong and also curious is this “Katie”?

Edited because autocorrect changed brandel to Brandee when I first typed it
Very good question. The names are almost identical that I think it's either the same person or somehow a fictional person used for cons and cover ups. (How that would work, I don't know.)

jmo

OWH Cops Reporters on Twitter
"I was finding a lot of areas where they drove really, really slow or it was stop and go," Hurley testified. That made him suspect that's where Trail and Boswell deposited Loofe's dismembered body.
Wow. The detective work continues to amaze me. Great job!

jmo

I agree it’s all theatrics. If he really wanted to kill himself he could’ve done it in his cell. I also think his choice of words “I curse you all“ is rather strange. He didn’t say “to blank with you all“- the cursed part made me wonder if he doesn’t think he has witchcraft Power
OMG. I wouldn't doubt for a second that he and BB are into some witchcraft crap.

Does that explain why SL was cut into so many pieces? I read upthread that the pelvis and torso were found separately. That would take work, I would imagine (and honestly, I'm not imagining as it is too disturbing). Her upper arm with the tattoo was found first....not a severed arm but part of an arm, which means not only was the arm cut off the body, but then the arm itself was cut into pieces.

WHY?! That goes waaaaaaaaay beyond simply wanting to dispose of a body in pieces in order to hide them. And, imo, it took "wanting" to do that rather than "having" to do that because of panic.

Freaking weird.

And, I worry this wasn't the first time. Perhaps a previous victim wasn't missed (or is still missing).

Vile creatures, both.

jmo

OMG. I wouldn't doubt for a second that he and BB are into some witchcraft crap.

Does that explain why SL was cut into so many pieces? I read upthread that the pelvis and torso were found separately. That would take work, I would imagine (and honestly, I'm not imagining as it is too disturbing). Her upper arm with the tattoo was found first....not a severed arm but part of an arm, which means not only was the arm cut off the body, but then the arm itself was cut into pieces.

WHY?! That goes waaaaaaaaay beyond simply wanting to dispose of a body in pieces in order to hide them. And, imo, it took "wanting" to do that rather than "having" to do that because of panic.

Freaking weird.

And, I worry this wasn't the first time. Perhaps a previous victim wasn't missed (or is still missing).

Vile creatures, both.

jmo

JMO, I'm of the opinion that con artists are capable of much more than just conning people financially. It's not just AT and BB that makes me believe this.

I knew someone years ago (not a friend of mine) who was a con artist from the time he was a little kid. His "thing" was to find a target, gain their trust and then steal from them. He had many victims and was in and out of trouble with the law for years for financial crimes against others.

His last crime was kidnapping and attempted murder and he's now in prison with LWOP. No one could believe he was capable of doing what he did. Everyone thought he was "just" a con artist.

Believe it, IMO. It's not normal to prey on others, to gain their trust through deception and then commit a crime against them. I believe mental health professionals would say this is antisocial behavior.

AT has a long history of con artistry. I'm not sure if BB became a con artist after she met AT or before, but she has been convicted of a crime she committed with AT involving a scam with gold coins and IMO, she conned Sydney into thinking she was real.

Was Sydney their first victim? IDK, but the two videos they made and published on facebook after Sydney was murdered, but was still missing, showed that neither of them had any conscience or remorse about what they had done, and they lied about having nothing to do with Sydney's disappearance. There was no empathy for Sydney, her family or her friends.

Hideous creatures, IMO.

He said that after investigators found Loofe’s remains, they returned to the apartment in Wilber that Trail shared with Bailey Boswell, his co-defendant.

Sitting at the end of the sofa was a book: “The Human Body Atlas,” a National Geographic book with a cover graphic of a head and neck showing the muscles beneath the skin.

Whoa.

(from this link)

JMO, I'm of the opinion that con artists are capable of much more than just conning people financially. It's not just AT and BB that makes me believe this.

I knew someone years ago (not a friend of mine) who was a con artist from the time he was a little kid. His "thing" was to find a target, gain their trust and then steal from them. He had many victims and was in and out of trouble with the law for years for financial crimes against others.

His last crime was kidnapping and attempted murder and he's now in prison with LWOP. No one could believe he was capable of doing what he did. Everyone thought he was "just" a con artist.

Believe it, IMO. It's not normal to prey on others, to gain their trust through deception and then commit a crime against them. I believe mental health professionals would say this is antisocial behavior.

AT has a long history of con artistry. I'm not sure if BB became a con artist after she met AT or before, but she has been convicted of a crime she committed with AT involving a scam with gold coins and IMO, she conned Sydney into thinking she was real.

Was Sydney their first victim? IDK, but the two videos they made and published on facebook after Sydney was murdered, but was still missing, showed that neither of them had any conscience or remorse about what they had done, and they lied about having nothing to do with Sydney's disappearance. There was no empathy for Sydney, her family or her friends.

Hideous creatures, IMO.
Totally agree with all of this.

I think AT has been a snake and conman for decades....and also has had devious sexual fantasies for that long too. He could've been a run-of-the-mill con, but the sex part took him (willinginly) to very dark places. I think he conned BB into his ways (including the coin and antique racket they had going) rather than her being into that stuff before meeting him. My hunch is he used drugs to entice and keep her, but that's just a hunch and then essentially brainwashed her.

Blech.

jmo

Totally agree with all of this.

I think AT has been a snake and conman for decades....and also has had devious sexual fantasies for that long too. He could've been a run-of-the-mill con, but the sex part took him (willinginly) to very dark places. I think he conned BB into his ways (including the coin and antique racket they had going) rather than her being into that stuff before meeting him. My hunch is he used drugs to entice and keep her, but that's just a hunch and then essentially brainwashed her.

Blech.

jmo

I personally don't buy for a minute that BB was "conned" into any of this. I think she is just as evil as he is, but since she is a younger person, I feel like she gets a pass from a lot of people. She has been in jail for 1 1/2 years now. How come she has never come forward and said anything against AT then? I would think she would be detoxed and has been far enough away from him from that long, that she would be singing by now. But, she's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow