NE NE - Vanderlei, Jaqueline, Chris (fnd dec'd) Szczepanik, 7, Omaha, 14 Dec 2009

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by summer_breeze, Jan 31, 2010.

1. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.ketv.com/news/22388944/detail.html

Police Stumped As Family Vanishes
    No Sign Of Foul Play In Disappearance Of Couple, Child
    POSTED: 2:43 pm CST January 30, 2010
    UPDATED: 6:31 am CST January 31, 2010

2. Loading...

3. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

much more at link http://www.omaha.com/article/20100131/NEWS01/701319914/0/FRONTPAGE

What a mystery! I sure hope they're found safe soon.

4. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

This is so bizarre, much like the Jamison case in that it is a family of 3.

It's so strange, both the cases having the vehicle left elsewhere, their possessions left as if they were coming back..

5. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

6. dreamweaver

dreamweaver New Member

From the news article, it seems he worked late that day, she had errands,
    and everything looks as if it was just abandoned.

How would they disappear with all 3 vehicles found? Why would they disappear?

7. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100131/NEWS01/701319914/0/FRONTPAGE

Apparently the building project was not completed, as the crew was expecting to work the next day. Oliviera and the Szczepaniks lived in the same building and the crew had no contact with Szczepanik since Dec 17, so why did it take a family friend from Atlanta to finally notify Omaha police in January??

8. sillybilly

In the above pics, I find it odd that Jacqueline's glasses were on the rumpled bed. Not a normal place for a person to leave their eyeglasses.

9. b4e

b4e Bubba's Mommy

10. sillybilly

BBM

A crew is a crew. Wonder what the implication is in singling out that one member as being American (other than he was in training, so presumably a new addition to the team)

11. sillybilly

Just some miscellaneous thoughts

The school where the family lived is at 16th and Center, and their pickup truck was found at 15th and Vinton (looks like only about 5 or 6 blocks away). I can't see that a family of 3 would load into a pickup and drive that short distance and disappear. Mostly a residential type neighbourhood, with the odd business interspersed. Hopefully some of those stores have some surveillance after 3 weeks since the disappearance.

The family disappeared a week before Christmas. Sounds like the crew was working very hard and for long hours, so am considering that possibly there was a disagreement about overtime and Christmas approaching. Sounds a bit lame though, because I can't see someone deciding to harm an entire family for that reason.

Vanderlei's tools that he used were in the home office, so sounds like he made it home after work? Various cheques uncashed since the beginning of December ... sounds like he wasn't in desperate need of money. Wonder how much money he had built up that it was not necessary for him to cash cheques quickly.

Google Streetview shows a few large school buildings adjacent to each other with one having a sign "Central Christian Schools" at 16th and Center. Beside that building is a grey pickup, so am thinking that is where the family lived. Pretty ominous, empty looking buildings in a somewhat desolate part of the street.

This is 2 months later and approx 500 miles north of where the Jamison family of 3 disappeared from in Oklahoma October 9. But why children ??? Given Sherilyln Jamison's native ancestry and the Szczepanik family of 3 being from Brazil, can't help but consider that there may be a racist component to their disappearances.

12. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

What a mystery this is.

13. sillybilly

Florida real estate listings show Iara M. and Jonathan G. M purchased a Boca Raton property from Lennar Homes Inc in northwest Boca on October 5. It also shows that a B Szcepanski and M Szcepanski purchased a property from Lennar Homes Inc in central Boca on July 10

Morton purchase:
    http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/property/06434631290000130/8292_nw_9th_avenue/

Szcepanski purchase:
    http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/property/06434707110001380/3633_nw_5th_terrace/

I believe the surnames Szczepanik and Szcepanski are interchangeable, sometimes within the same branch of the family. I'm basing this on some other research I've done where some chose to Americanize the Slavic root name, with the "ski" suffix added to denote "son of" (or "ska" to denote "daughter of").

http://www.brebank.pl/images/BreKorpo2/Portal/BinaryEN/2335483/Erbud_171209_eng_2335483.pdf

bottom of page 7 shows both a Szczepanik and Szcepanski that I believe are related, based on same company, executive positions, and close telephone numbers. Could be wrong, but i don't think so ;)

I'm not trying to tie everybody together here. THE ABOVE QUOTE IS STRICTLY AN EXAMPLE OF HOW I BELIEVE THE SZCZEPANIK AND SZCEPANSKI SURNAMES COULD BE RELATED AND INTERCHANGEABLE. IMO

We have been sleuthing out a POSSIBLE immigration connection in the case of Mariam Makhniashvili, Russian immigrant missing from Toronto last September, so this Szczepanik case has my hinky meter going in that direction right now.

14. sillybilly

Whitepages shows a listing for:

Googling the phone number indicates he went by the name "Vance". For some reason, his name, address and phone # shows up on superpages under Health Care Professionals, Psychologists, Mental Health, and Mental Health Counsellors.

15. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Find Kyron

In the article, it made mention of an American man that was part of the crew working late. It just seemed out of place in the article, and doesn't mention if he was part of the workers who showed up the next day...? MOO

16. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

If I may jump in here,I must say that I wear glasses for reading and have been known to toss my glasses(foolishly) on the bed if I am dressing in a hurry because I have to race out somewhere or answer the door.

I wonder if someone lured the family outside with a call or knock at the door saying someone was hurt.

Another thought about the uncashed cheques, is that maybe the funds were not yet available and were being kept until such time they could be cashed.

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

18. sillybilly

Your suggestion re the knock at the door made me think of something dotr. With the size of the building, and depending on where their somewhat limited living quarters were within that building, I'm wondering if there even was an exterior door that someone could knock on and the family would hear. Those types of buildings don't usually have exterior doors that lead directly into individual rooms ... typically the doors open into large hallways and other doors off the hallway lead into rooms.

Re the cheques ... if the church was experiencing financial difficulty, maybe Vance was being kind in not cashing the cheques right away?

19. webrocket

webrocket New Member

When I saw their names I assumed they were of European extraction. I was startled to see that they were Brazilians. In and around the Newark NJ area there are tons of Portuguese speaking people including Brazilians. They (the Brazilians) are involved in fraud schemes in numbers exceeding their statistical presence here in the US.

Not sure if they were scammers or had been scammed, but I suspect if they were scammed it was by fellow Brazilians.

20. sillybilly

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100202/NEWS97/702029939/0/FRONTPAGE

It says that Steve Eveans used to go hunting with Vanderlei. Wonder if LE found any guns at the residence, or if there were guns missing.

BTW, I hope LE has had dogs through each and every one of those very large school buildings.

ETA: Am I dreaming this one up? ... I though I read somewhere that Jaqueline studied sociology or psychology ?? Can't find it anywhere, so it may have been another case i'm thinking of.

21. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100203/NEWS01/100209828

Published Wednesday February 3, 2010
    By Jason Kuiper
    WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER