need help with pdfs please!

GarAndTeed

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just got a new computer- it's an HP. I'm used to Dell. Anyway, every time I click on a pdf link, the whole file downloads instead of just displaying the file so I can read it. I don't want to download all this stuff- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.
(I realize this isn't a problem with WS- just hoping someone may be more computer savvy than me).

Which browser are you using? Does it download and them open? When it opens (or when you open it), what program are you reading it in?

Last edited:
download a PDF and right click on the file, click properties and change the program it opens with to Microsoft Edge ( or whatever browser you want )

Reactions: byo
Which browser are you using? Does it download and them open? When it opens (or when you open it), what program are you reading it in?
I use Firefox. I haven't even read any of them yet. I'll try to open one and let you know. Thanks for responding- this computer is so foreign to me!

download a PDF and right click on the file, click properties and change the program it opens with to Microsoft Edge ( or whatever browser you want )
Hi @PingTheRouter - thanks. I'd prefer not to download them; am I stuck having to do that? On my Dell I just clicked on the link and read them. (I'm not tech savvy, obviously:p)

Hi @PingTheRouter - thanks. I'd prefer not to download them; am I stuck having to do that? On my Dell I just clicked on the link and read them. (I'm not tech savvy, obviously:p)

you only have to do it once so you can change how it opens, from that point on when you click on the PDF link it'll open in the browser of your choice
you can also just click any old PDF you have on your computer without having to download a new one, it was just the easiest way of explaining it :)

you only have to do it once so you can change how it opens, from that point on when you click on the PDF link it'll open in the browser of your choice
you can also just click any old PDF you have on your computer without having to download a new one, it was just the easiest way of explaining it :)
Thanks so much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back