Nejame slaps down defense motion, asks for fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to this hearing on the TES records. I wonder when or if it is ever going to dawn on Casey that her defense is in big trouble and she should seriously think of hiring new counsel. She sits through hearing after hearing and sees them getting nowhere....but does she understand? What can she be sitting there thinking...zippity doo da...zippity aaah?

I am looking forward to this hearing on the TES records. I wonder when or if it is ever going to dawn on Casey that her defense is in big trouble and she should seriously think of hiring new counsel. She sits through hearing after hearing and sees them getting nowhere....but does she understand? What can she be sitting there thinking...zippity doo da...zippity aaah?

As KC sits in court and watches her attorneys they do the same thing her parents have always done.....try to blame someone else. She believes they will pull a rabbit out of their hat, same as her mother has always done. If KC were to be set free she would continue as she has in the past, no accountability. JMO

Quite honestly, I don't think she does realize how bad her counsel is. From all descriptions of her from friend's interviews, and from Tracy M, Casey seems to be stuck in kind of a junior high mentality. I don't think she has the maturity to assess how well her team is doing.

So I don't think she does understand the way most adults with a bit of common sense would understand.

I was thinking...Mark NeJame is a pretty smart guy...I would think he'd be aware of the fact that money could be an issue right now with the defense team.

That is a good one Lamb Chop. Morgan and Mitnick took mom , pop and Brad to school ....it was fabulous!!!

Does anyone recall the name of the younger lawyer that was doing the questioning of Cindy at the ZFG depo? I need his name to give him proper credit, because I use his line all the time. He was saying to Brad....come on...for the love of God....you are an experienced lawyer ...you know the rules...but (this is the part I love) for your edification* I will help you with them.

*ed·i·fi·ca·tion ( d -f -k sh n). n. Intellectual, moral, or spiritual improvement; enlightenment.
minute 4:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRO6V0-BvFg

I haven't laughed that long since I don't know when. It was my favorite moment, now with Mr. Nejame, I have two.

Personally, I think that "deposition" was nothing more than a publicity stunt by *advertiser censored* who give lawyers a bad name. It was an absolute disgrace to compel those people to answer personal questions about their family when it did not pertain in any way, shape of form to the alleged "victim", the so-called (for litigation puposes) Zenaida (notFernandez) Gonzalez.

MN is preserving the integrity of an art.
I liken it to NASCAR, since I am a fan-The sport used to be about building a car, and racing at dirt tracks, and clawing your way to the top with barely two nickels to rub together, loyalty to a make of car, etc. Now, it's about facetime, and contracts, and back biting and you can make millions based on little talent but a lot of press.
I got a feeling that MN knows how to "build his engine," fire it up, give it a go, and use skill alone to win the race on raw talent. JB may get a nice payday (media, selling Caylee out) and put on a raucous show, but he is a flash in the pan and will never be a Hall of Famer.

Good Analogy!

Yesterday I had an ultrasound. Baby Soju was quite calm in my belly. And then, suddenly, with lightning-speed, if you blinked you would've missed it, this perfect, straight, rocket punch comes out of nowhere! KA-POW!

That's what I thought of when I read Nejame's motion.

Funny! Congratulations about your baby!!!!!

I liken it to NASCAR, since I am a fan-The sport used to be about building a car, and racing at dirt tracks, and clawing your way to the top with barely two nickels to rub together, loyalty to a make of car, etc. Now, it's about facetime, and contracts, and back biting and you can make millions based on little talent but a lot of press.
I got a feeling that MN knows how to "build his engine," fire it up, give it a go, and use skill alone to win the race on raw talent. JB may get a nice payday (media, selling Caylee out) and put on a raucous show, but he is a flash in the pan and will never be a Hall of Famer.

What a great analogy. BTW, huge NASCAR fan myself. Lived in Bristol for about 20 years. And I agree with your thoughts on how the sport has changed. As for MN ~ what a class act.

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Evidence Released 02/16/10

http://www.wftv.com/video/22582915/index.html

He explained that it is clear the defense is still on a fishing expedition to muster up something to back up Todd's claims. If they had the proof ...they would produce it. They missed their deadline. They have not produced their proof and that is because THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!

Wooho Jayla!! Jimmie Johnson fan here myself!!

Sorry for the O/T but Nascar is so addicting!:blushing:

Wooho Jayla!! Jimmie Johnson fan here myself!!

Sorry for the O/T but Nascar is so addicting!:blushing:

One more O/T, then I promise I'll get back onboard-How 'bout that number 56 this weekend?!!!! And the numero Uno!!!!
I got a whole Earnhardt-Waltrip old school jones, so I follow anything in that vein-Montoya, McMurray, Truex (my boy), & ole Mikey himself. In my dream world, the #8 would be back, but I also dream of being able to dive into my very own 12 foot deep pool full of emeralds & gold-Not gonna happen.

One more O/T, then I promise I'll get back onboard-How 'bout that number 56 this weekend?!!!! And the numero Uno!!!!
I got a whole Earnhardt-Waltrip old school jones, so I follow anything in that vein-Montoya, McMurray, Truex (my boy), & ole Mikey himself. In my dream world, the #8 would be back, but I also dream of being able to dive into my very own 12 foot deep pool full of emeralds & gold-Not gonna happen.

O/T and sorry. We go to the Coca Cola 600 every May and I live closer to Bristol! Go figure ha!

I expect it to go something like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LsKP77ycw[/ame]

"Counsel for the defense was overly broad as it relates to materiality. You have already denied their request once because it was done inappropriately. Now they have come in and done a new motion. It is still done inappropriately.

The request made by counsel is absurd.
I am being overly generous in my characterization of that."
: Mark Nejame to the judge.

First Todd argued the motion, then Andrea wanted to ...watch the judge ..he says..do you guys want to object to her arguing half of the motion ( I am paraphrasing). The defense is just all over the place.

Hey you guys! Your Winter Olympians are working their butts off up here for you this weekend! How about waving a flag for them or something - LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IrzGBLLjg[/ame]

What do you make of Mr. Nejame letting Brad go through all of the TES documents, for days. The look on Jose's face indicates this comes as a surprise to the defense. Do you think that mom, pop, Brad and the defense team are on the same page about anything?

Isn't AL kind of shooting herself in the foot with her argument about the example case of a robbery and comparing it to them wanting all 4000 records of the volunteers. She states it would be like a convenience store robbery and all the police get is the name of the owner and the clerk and not the 20 or so people who have been in and out of the store. WHAT????? How many investigator try to find out who has been in and out of the store? They ask the clerk for a description. Still trying to figure that one out. If police want info on a crime and want to know who was in the store during that time frame they usually ask media for help to get people to come forward. Which is what defense should be doing, unless they are looking for a victum. So do they think any of these 4000 people have not already thought of that. Can these volunteers get a restraining order on KC?

So have they deposed the 32 they have information on????

O/T but i am going to the 600 this yr too for the first time. Love NASCAR.

Been to Richmond (many many times), Dover (several times) and the Daytona 500 on one occasion-Richmond is by far the best, Dover is very family oriented, and Daytona stunk because the track is waaay too big to see a thing. Lowe's will be next, movin down there soon :)

I hope Nejame does not go too high brow with arguing this motion, maybe just straight to the point...I think Judge S. is trying to be very nice (that's the wrong word, but my brain is movin slow today) to the defense, and between Mark, Morgan and the state wiping the floor with the defense so far, the judge might want these guys to take it easy for a while.

Sometimes I think JS wants the 'Good Guys' to tone it down, just so all can be assured he has given a fair ear to the defense, regardless of the fact that's KC's lawyers are screwing up on nearly every motion these days.

Isn't AL kind of shooting herself in the foot with her argument about the example case of a robbery and comparing it to them wanting all 4000 records of the volunteers. She states it would be like a convenience store robbery and all the police get is the name of the owner and the clerk and not the 20 or so people who have been in and out of the store. WHAT????? How many investigator try to find out who has been in and out of the store? They ask the clerk for a description. Still trying to figure that one out. If police want info on a crime and want to know who was in the store during that time frame they usually ask media for help to get people to come forward. Which is what defense should be doing, unless they are looking for a victum. So do they think any of these 4000 people have not already thought of that. Can these volunteers get a restraining order on KC?

So have they deposed the 32 they have information on????

Maybe this is her fatal flaw-She preps too much for the penalty phase and has let herself get rusty on the trial portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member