Madeleine McCann - Netflix documentary on this case

What's everyones opinion on Najoua Chekayas statement:

'When questioned, she said that during the time that she was there Madeleines father did not leave the table, neither did any of the other guests, however, during this time one of the chairs was always empty, that of someone who had had dinner and left, not managing to indicate any identifying element about this person.

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50.

She does not remember anyone from outside the resort having made any questions about the functioning of the Ocean Club, or about any particular service.
When questioned, she said that she had only seen Madeleine once or twice and had merely said hello to her, no more than that.'

P.J. POLICE FILES: NAJOUA CHEKAYA STATEMENT

What's everyones opinion on Najoua Chekayas statement:

'When questioned, she said that during the time that she was there Madeleines father did not leave the table, neither did any of the other guests, however, during this time one of the chairs was always empty, that of someone who had had dinner and left, not managing to indicate any identifying element about this person.

When questioned, she said she was at the table from about 21.30 to 21.50.

She does not remember anyone from outside the resort having made any questions about the functioning of the Ocean Club, or about any particular service.
When questioned, she said that she had only seen Madeleine once or twice and had merely said hello to her, no more than that.'

'she confirms it
having been on the Tuesday, 1 May 2007, that she was invited to the table of the group of which
the McCann couple were part, by Gerry himself.'

'That she recalls there being an empty place [seat] at the table, not being certain if it had been
Madeleine's mother's place given that she is not sure if they had met each other there at that time.
--- The photographs of the group of the McCann's friends having been shown to her, the deponent
declares that from those photos seen she has some reservations about David Payne [in that] while
she thinks he was also there, she had not noted his presence.'

bbm

Mark Saunokonoko‏Verified account @saunokonoko

Top US scientist Dr Mark Perlin lays down big formal offer to Scotland Yard to access and analyse 18 potentially vital DNA samples in McCann case https://www.9news.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-18-dna-samples-perlin-operation-grange-maddie-podcast/6bd27f6a-5390-47f4-8f0f-3f845330253b … #McCann

D3cOfLbU0AE0NPz.jpg

D3cOh6aUEAEKgrq.jpg

Mark Saunokonoko on Twitter

I'm about to watch episode 3 of this documentary now, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the maps and visuals it shows.

I don't know why, but I guess I thought of the vacation resort as a kind of gated community or area. But episode 1 showed that, even though suite 5A was within visual range from the tapas bar, in order to get from the bar to the apartment, you essentially had to exit the resort, go out onto a public street, walk up the sidewalk and up to the door of 5A which, by the way, faced this public street.

And as I saw that, I was just in shock. Like how in the world did it actually seem reasonable to seven adults to leave their children alone and unsupervised with that kind of locational setup? It literally makes no sense to me.

Even if you're not thinking anything sinister because nothing bad happens in that town, toddlers can get into all sorts of trouble on their own. What if Madeleine had a nightmare, and in her fear she ran out to the public street and into the path of a coming car?

I guess if the apartment door faced the tapas bar, I still wouldn't agree with it, but I could understand someone thinking, "well, there's nowhere she can go except towards us." But that's not how it was, and I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Memories of holidays include falling asleep on restaurant chairs as family dined together whilst music played. It’s a right of passage and a usual sight to see families enjoying themselves whilst the kids sleep beside them. You don’t know the area or the people enough to leave kids alone. I wouldn’t do that in Peterborough why would I do that in Costa unknown?

I guess the police were too busy drinking beer and having slap up fish lunches.

Perception is everything I guess. The press here lapped up this idea of lazy bent coppers sleeping, smoking and fitting up Johnny englander. I can’t speak for every cop (we have some awful ones here in the uk too) but surely they all have some form of professional pride and empathy?

Perception is everything I guess. The press here lapped up this idea of lazy bent coppers sleeping, smoking and fitting up Johnny englander. I can’t speak for every cop (we have some awful ones here in the uk too) but surely they all have some form of professional pride and empathy?

Agreed. I was mocking the English tabloid coverage.

I’ve watched the series and my theory of the moment is that the employees of the tapas bar had good knowledge of the routine of the group - I believe Madeline was taken on the sixth night of tapas dinners - and also when the checks were happening. Someone may have been in contact with a kidnapper and let them know when there was a gap in Checks on the children. They would have likely known the rythum of the group, rooms and possibly which children belonged to the mccanns as their apartment was very close to the club.

I do believe the McCanns gave the children medication to ensure they didn’t wake up while the parents were out - I don’t believe they’d risk leaving them alone otherwise. MOO.

I've never considered this but its a valid point imo

Memories of holidays include falling asleep on restaurant chairs as family dined together whilst music played. It’s a right of passage and a usual sight to see families enjoying themselves whilst the kids sleep beside them. You don’t know the area or the people enough to leave kids alone. I wouldn’t do that in Peterborough why would I do that in Costa unknown?

Costa?

Binged watched and don't think the parents are involved at all... I think Madeleine is alive. The investigation was shockingly lax and incomplete by both police and all private parties. They were intent on looking at this as committed by a pedophile or the parents but never looked at the approach of kidnapping to get a child. As in a replacement for a little girl that died. There should have been an inquiry into all the families of young small girls that had died within 5 years or so in Portugal and Spain, even Southern France.

If it were a pedophile/sex motive they would not have left the other 2 kids, like a bank robber leaving the vault half full. If the parents were involved there would have been undeniable forensic evidence.

If she is alive she would be about 15 or 16 and questioning her self... and will present herself eventually... after wondering why there are no baby pictures of her or why she looks so different from her parents or siblings... or even may stumble upon the 'crime' online and a picture of Madeleine at the Ocean Club and know it's her. As in she is a near typical teenager in a suburban Madrid family.

Just a possibility...

1) The McCann's were asked why they were so controlled and unemotional about their missing child and Kate quickly said it was because if they cried or got emotional, it might cause the abductor harm Madeleine.
This makes zero sense to me.

2) After the press had blasted her for not crying I saw a close up of her doing an interview and it looked as though she was desperately trying to cry, but there no tears. Just the tip of her nose was red from when she rubbed it.

3) In just about every interview and photo I noticed that G&K were holding hands or were arm in arm, but it didn't look like affection or comforting each other, it looked more like a control thing, and as though they had their own secret that nobody else was privy to.
Another time, shortly after Madeleine went missing, the McCann's didn't realize they were being filmed by journalists, and they were bright, happy, smiling and waving cheerily to someone.

4)Hiring PR people so early into Madeleine's disappearance.
It just seems such an odd reaction, and so slick. They behaved furtively within hours of their child's disappearance as though they knew she'd never be found and they just wanted to cover their own backsides and keep up appearances.

5) They seemed so defensive and uncooperative -- almost disrespectful -- with the police in Portugal, even before they were considered arguidos.
Kate refusing to answer questions when she was taken in after becoming an arguido and muttering *advertiser censored**ing Tosser at the detectives. Their attitude was arrogant and dismissive, as though they were laughing at the Portuguese press, people and police. They were only interested in speaking with high profile people who offered them money and sympathy and didn't question their version of events.

Tampering with the crime scene. Gerry is not a stupid man and knows that the police would need to dust for fingerprints etc, but he purposely tampered with the window/blinds.

Overall, the McCann's behavior was odd to many people, not just a few. I mean look at Elizabeth Smart's parent's behavior when she was abducted. They were in true agony, crying, BEGGING for their child to be returned. They full cooperated with LE, the press etc. They were genuinely comforting one another and you could see their desperation and grief. They didn't immediately hire a slick PR team, attorneys, or create a pact of silence.

I saw no desperation, agony or genuine grief at all in either K or G McCann. It was like a production they were acting in.

moo

I have been a member of webslueths for a long time. Seems like I am here a lot and then life gets in the way. So.... I don't post often. All that to say, as a family we have always traveled often to similar places as Praia da Luz. I have followed this case from the beginning. The mother in me wants to believe that the parents were not involved. I asked my husband the other night "do you recall, in all our travels when the kids were young did we ever go out and leave them alone sleeping in the apartment." His response was "We would have never done that, you would be a nervous wreck". This is a practice of some parents that I just don't get. Is this common in some cultures?

In response to your first point- I am in the medical profession. Because of the things I have seen I am very easily able to maintain control of myself in the most dire circumstances. Now, I say that also adding that I am an extremely emotional person. When there is a crisis though, I am a rock. Behind closed doors I can fall apart. Because of the McCanns background this may be what you are witnessing. I know you could argue "but the is their child", and I get that. I just feel like I could possibly behave in the same way.

As far as Kate not crying in public, I don't know. I again could see myself losing control in private, while being able to maintain composure in public.

I do agree that in public their behavior as a couple seems a bit off. Definitely G is In Charge!

I do feel that the McCanns believe that the police in Praia da Luz were incompetent, and that they themselves were superior human beings. Ummm you are in a forge in country and need all the help you can get! I wonder if that is typical of them in everyday life?

Just a few thoughts. Enjoy reading your posts.[/QUOTE]

The bits you mention above about Kate not crying. Could it be she was on anti depressants either pre Madeleine going missing or post? They can often block the ability to cry.

Just been reading in the Daily Mail of the new potential abductor, a German paedophile. He’s killed 3 young boys already. This makes me wonder if he’s a suspect why take Madeleine and not Sean especially? Or was he part of a paedo ring?

The 'new suspect' was already a suspect in tabloid articles in 2011

They just recycle old stories to ensure they get more funding. You won’t hear this story again until six months time when their media spin doctor gets it on the front page again to secure more funds...

As pointed out, if it’s that great a lead, why has it taken 12 years to discover?

They just recycle old stories to ensure they get more funding. You won’t hear this story again until six months time when their media spin doctor gets it on the front page again to secure more funds...

As pointed out, if it’s that great a lead, why has it taken 12 years to discover?

Yeah - its complete nonsense.

Also if they finally have evidence to tie the guy to the case, why splash it in the papers?

In the actual article there is nothing to link the guy to PDL in 2007. As you say, it just the usual May spin.

Yeah - its complete nonsense.

Also if they finally have evidence to tie the guy to the case, why splash it in the papers?

In the actual article there is nothing to link the guy to PDL in 2007. As you say, it just the usual May spin.

If there is a link, any average defence lawyer would have the case thrown out as a mistrial on the back of prejudices and unfair trial.

That’s before we explain how a paedo interested in young boys, suddenly got an urge for very young girls and managed to become a ghost...despite being sloppy much later.

...The investigation was shockingly lax and incomplete by both police and all private parties...
Not True!
As this keeps repeatedly stated here's the original case files for anybody interested in the actual facts.

(Not a directed at @sgrump specifically;))
*A-C ONLY
(way less than 10% complete list at link)

OFFICIAL INQUIRY FILES and DOCUMENTS
CASE FILES INDEX

ALPHABETICAL LIST (1ST NAME ORDER)
A----------
Adriaan Jacobus Van Marais, Resident of Praia de Luz, Golfinho Restaurant, early search, p. 3150
Alan Robert Pike, crisis counsellor, 2008.05.07, CR 3 p. 12 to 13
Alayn Hernandez Fundora, barman Ocean Club, p. 714
Alexander James Cameron Married to Patricia Gerrys sister Pages 64 to 65
Alexandra Nicole de Sousa, Millenium Restaurant, p. 665
Alice Maria Velhuco Ciriaco Guerreiro Silvestre, Millenium Restaurant, p. 282
Amanda Jane Coxon, friend of Kate, used to work for the McCanns, 2008.05.02, CR 4 p. 1 to 2
Amy Ellen Tierney (1/2), creche worker, page 229
Amy Ellen Tierney (2/2), creche worker (about use of printer) p. 4193
Andrew Lloyd Palmer FSS - Madeleine's hair oa p 327 to 333
Antonio Joaquim da Conceicao, gardener Ocean Club, p. 659
Antonio Henrique da Duarte Conceicao (1/2) GNR Officer - Lagos, p. 1315
Antonio Henrique de Conceicao Duarte (2/2)GNR Officer - Lagos, p. 3988
Antonio Manuel Ginjeira, Chef, Tapas Restaurant, Ocean Club, p. 646
Andrea Griffin, Sighting in Alcateia, A. 4 V. 1 p. 225
Antonio Toscano Marquez, Journalist, p. 1897
Ana Marilia do Carmo Silva, Millenium Restaurant, p. 284
Antonio Freitas Silva, GNR Officer, Search dog team, p. 762
Aoife Smith, Family who saw a man carrying a child in Praia da Luz on the night of the disappearance, p. 1611
Aritson Henrique Soares Santos Lucio, Tapas Restaurant, kitchen worker, p. 644
Arlindo Epifanio Goncalves Fernandes Peleja, Executive chef Ocean Club, also Tapas restaurant, p. 471
Armando Augusto Morais, GNR Officer, Search dog team, p.1333
Arul Silvio Gaspar, Friend of the McCann family, 'Payne allegation', p. 3916
Auzela Tania Damiao Andre Bingui, Student/worker, Ocean Club, p. 681
Aurelio Mendes Guerreiro, Bar Pacifico-Vilamoura, was contacted by Pat Perkins on the night of 3/4 may, p. 3459
B----------
Barrington Godfrey Norton, Music teacher, lived in car, Praia da Luz, p. 704
Barend Jan Jacob Weijdom, Property manager, resident of Praia da Luz, early search, p. 1330
Bernardino de Abreu Pereia da Silva (1/2), Maintenance worker/driver, Ocean Club, reported suspicion, p. 372 p. 4114
Bridget O Donnell Holiday maker partner of Jeremy Wilkins p3407
Brian Kennedy Metodo3 PJ Meeting Pages 3434 to 3436
C----------
Caroline Burrows
Leicestershire police force Page 8
Carlo Francisco D'Ambrosio, Former Apartment 5 A Occupant, CR 5 p. 42
Carlos Alberto Gouveia do Nascimento, Gardener, Ocean Club, p. 553
Carlos Manuel Carvalho Lacao, GNR Officer, Search dog team, p. 1335
Carlos Manuel Figueiredo Pereira, Civil Engineer, re: road works in Praia da Luz, p. 1652
Carlos Manuel Matos Costa, Businessman, reports suspicion about Robert Murat, p. 1286
Carol Tranmer, Mrs Fenn's niece, CR 4 p. 27
Carolyn Kish, saw/overheard G. McCann in Lagos may 7, p. 3924
Catia Cristina dos Reis Galvao, Cleaner, Ocean Club, p. 758
Catia Sofia da Costa, Waitress, Millenium Restaurant, p. 594
Catriona Treasa Sisile Baker (1/2), Childcare worker, Ocean Club, p. 253
Catriona Treasa Sisile Baker (2/2), Childcare worker, Ocean Club, CR 5 p. 3
Cecilia Paula Dias Firmino do Carmo, Received guests at Millenium Restaurant,
p. 277
Celeste Libania dos Santos, Cleaner, Ocean Club, p. 846
Celeste Da Conceicao Antao da Silva, Cleaner, Ocean Club, p. 365
Charlotte Elizabeth Anne Pennington, Childcare worker, Ocean Club, p. 378
Claire Louise Fawkes Former 5A occupant Pages 44 to 46
Clarence Eden Mitchell, McCann family spokesman, CR 5 p. 1
Custodia Maria dos Reis Espada, Cleaner, Ocean Club, p. 36.....
Complete Index A-Z
P.J. POLICE FILES: CASE FILES INDEX

The Portuguese police may have been a bit naïve to start. They were looking for a missing child and seemed to be in this media storm that was already out of control before they started.

Any inkling of foul play and they should have seized the cameras and phones immediately of all involved. Otherwise you can only go where the evidence suggests

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back