ú

Netflix documentary on this case released soon

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by Mercsw, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Keine Engel

Keine Engel Well-Known Member

:cool: Mitchell giving any statement not via the Mirror is the most absurd part of this tale.
    IMHO

2. Jealoushe

Jealoushe Well-Known Member

This I found very important also, it is a noted fact that guilty parties will often form their alibi in the initial 911 call. For example, “I just got home from golfing and found my girlfriend, I think she’s dead”. Establishing their alibi right from the start.

So I felt she was doing this, in a way to start her alibi as to why the child was alone, why the child didn’t wake up etc.

I also found the arm in arm thing extremely weird. Very robotic and mechanic, if you will.

IMO, the child was either sold to a pedo, or overdosed accidentally.

Eezer Goode, MistyWaters and Jaanniss like this.
  3. Jealoushe

This is simply not true. If you follow child crimes often, many have a taste for the ages 3-5 and many, even younger.

Unless they are hell bent on maintaining their innocence, and/or lavish the attention. A lot of killers place themselves in the media’s eye.

The thing is, it wasn’t their money they were spending.

Personally, I feel even if the parents are innocent they deserve to be locked up regardless. Criminal negligence causing death. They were beyond negligent in their care and deserve every ounce of guilt they have ever felt, if they even feel it.

SavageMarkIII and Lynetta like this.
  4. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen the documentary. I have until recently been adamant that the parents didn’t do it. Then I started watching clips online. I saw an interview with the mother, who described how she had discovered that M was missing. It was regarding the door to the bedroom. So they had gone to dinner, then according to theirs account of the night, one of men checked but didn’t go in. Next Gerry checked and had stood thinking how beautiful M looked. Then Kate went back, was not even going to look in the bedroom (despite not having seen her three infants in nearly three hours - maternal instinct?). But then she noticed door was open when she had closed it before going to dinner, so she went in. I thought this odd because of course if Gerry was back at the apartment before she was, he had opened the door. So she’s making odd comments re the door, what else is she making up?

5. frozenlemonade

frozenlemonade New Member

The McCanns tried for years to have Madeleine, resorting to IVF to conceive her. They were also very well-off. She wasn't sold to anyone.

6. Jealoushe

They had money but not that much money...what do you think happened?

Is IVF free in the UK?

medea13 likes this.
  7. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble Well-Known Member

Interesting!

8. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

its a haunting case. I look at Kate and just don't feel she could have ever had any involvement. she is a shell. empty

the parents have suffered but the true victims here, apart from Madeleine,are the twins. how their lives must have been growing up, you cant just put a brave face on for young kids, they pick up on everything

9. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

I didn't say such crimes didn't happen - only that they are unusual.

So that is why I asked, is there a record of such a profile around other creches, kindy's etc in the general area?

This is not the same as pedos lurking at the school gates, which sadly is relatively routine in my city

10. Beltonian

Beltonian Active Member

I was in the fence after watching documentary but after listening to Peter Hyatt I have no doubts that only parents are holding a key to what happened that day. Watch it and its no doubt left they know that Maddy is not alive...

HayLouise, MistyWaters and Lynetta like this.
  11. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

Why do you think they keep up the pretence?

HayLouise likes this.
  12. Beltonian

Beltonian Active Member

Well they have everything to lose - freedom, medical licenses, custody of twins, respect...

HayLouise and MistyWaters like this.
  13. ripley666

ripley666 Member

Personally what I found interesting is that David Payne (one of the friends having dinner with the parents the night Madeleine was kidnapped) volunteered to check on Madeleine for the parents. In 2005 a couple of his friends reported him to the police for paedophilic behavior. He also claims that when he checked on Madeleine the door was slightly open so he closed it and left, which doesn’t make sense considering he offered to check on her.
    I suggest reading through this :
    Payne suspected of paedophilia – Madeleine McCann

Anyone have anymore information or theories regarding David Payne?

14. chlban

chlban Well-Known Member

I agree with the similarities, but the McCann's were smart enough to get rid o f the body. The kidnapping theory is much more believable if the child is not found in the house or, in this case, hotel room.

15. Keine Engel

Keine Engel Well-Known Member

HayLouise, Andieinsyd and MistyWaters like this.
  16. Eezer Goode

Eezer Goode Well-Known Member

The dogs wren't led at all. There were several bundles of clothes and the dog quite clearly indicated those belonging to Kate. There were several cars and the dog clearly indicated the hire car belonging to the McCanns.

What is preposterous is the McCanns explanation. Regarding the clothes, Kate said the smell of death was as a result of her working as a GP as if GP's are swimming in corpses from 9 to 5. Even if that were the case, why bring those corpse stained clothes on holiday with you? As for the car, well obviously when your child has been abducted what one would do is bundle the missing girls belongings in the boot of the car intermixed with rotten chicken carcasses and dirty nappies. Of course you would.

The Portuguese police have a less convoluted and more logical explanation, namely, she was sedated but not heavily enough so woke up, heard her father talking outside, climbed on the sofa in an attempt to see through the window and slipped, fell and banged her head dying from her injuries. She was then concealed in the cupboard (probably in the tennis hold all that vanished and has never been found) and moved at a convenient time (probably to the church where they prayed for Madeleine on the first night rather than searching for her and where they had their own keys to come and go as they please from then on.

Does this sound better than your explanation?

Does it make sense to go running and keep tennis appointments a couple of days after the 'abduction'? Does it make sense that their family members who turned up after the 'abduction' spent their time frolicking in the pool and booking tennis lessons? Does it make sense that Gerry is laughing on the balcony days after Maddie's disappearance? Does it makes sense that Kate would wash Maddie's beloved 'cuddle cat' days after she was missing? Based on this, i think they are quite capable of going to dinner as if nothing had happened, don't you agree?

17. Eezer Goode

I doubt any episode would contain such information as it was a whitewash like all official McCann documentaries. The photo of Madeleine in full make up has been printed several times. The doctors (didn't know they were Indian but assuming i'm talking about the same ones) made a formal complaint to police about inappropriate behaviour from Gerry and his pal toward the children way before Maddie went missing.

Keine Engel likes this.
  18. Eezer Goode

It wasn't their money it was either donations or taxpayers money. They have to keep up the pretense in order for people to assume their innocence based on this. They don't need to have any body hiding skills as they employed the help of the British government, The Met police and several other agencies. MI5, for example, would have no trouble hiding a body.

Employees didn't quit, they were all sacked. Every employee that was working at the Tapas that night has been sacked and so too the cleaners that cleaned the apartment.

squareandrabbet likes this.
  19. Plod

Plod Well-Known Member

I’m with you for most of your posts. But what is so important about the MCCanns that they can enlist government and MI5 help?

20. Eezer Goode

No, the police knew exactly who was involved from the outset but the investigation was hampered at every turn by British authorities. Without the cooperation of the British police their hands are tied. What should they do, go on a wild goose chase all over the world under direction from the only and obvious suspects?

squareandrabbet likes this.