Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering that everything he did to cover this crime up to make it APPEAR that he was being framed, nothing would surprise me. The reason all of these points seem so ridiculous is because he knew exactly what he was doing and had had 18 years to plan it out exactly the way it would look as if he was framed if he ever got the chance. And he did get the chance.

A criminal mastermind could not remove every trace of a homicide victim from his premises, which is asserted was the scene of the crime. Brendan also said he cut Teresa's hair. No hair, blood - nada - could be detected in SA's trailer, garage, clothing, furniture, or vehicle.

How could he perfectly plan that Manitowoc County investigators, who were supposed to be restricted due to conflict of interest, would find the suspicious "evidence" ???

With his known IQ deficiencies, I think you're giving him too much credit!

That is what I read as well, no such thing as sweat DNA, but there is touch DNA. I read that touch DNA can be controversial at time, because people can transfer DNA. If you touch something, and another person touches it, and then they go and touch something else, like the latch on her vehicle, it has the potential of transferring the DNA. To analyst it will look like you were at the scene, but you never really were. This is my understanding of reading upon DNA transfer and touch DNA.

So maybe she shook his hand and then had car trouble, leading someone else to commit the crime? Totally speculating.

A criminal mastermind could not remove every trace of a homicide victim from his premises, which is asserted was the scene of the crime. Brendan also said he cut Teresa's hair. No hair, blood - nada - could be detected in SA's trailer, garage, clothing, furniture, or vehicle.

How could he perfectly plan that Manitowoc County investigators, who were supposed to be restricted due to conflict of interest, would find the suspicious "evidence" ???

With his known IQ deficiencies, I think you're giving him too much credit!

He had 18 years to plan this, if he ever got the chance to pull it off. I don't believe Teresa was killed in the residence and I also don't believe that LE made NO mistakes. But, saying that person after person would have to have been in on this giant conspiracy to frame SA is about as ridiculous as George Bush sending the airplanes on 9-11 into the building by remote control. (Yes, there is a large group that believes that). Occam's Razor.

But isn't dousing the family pet with gasoline and tossing them into a fire pit, a bit more than the usual 'animal abuse' we hear about? That is extremely horrific and cold hearted. I cannot believe that any 20 yr old that could do that would ever become a compassionate human being. He was not a child when he did that brutal act.

He was 20 when that happened? Again, while he was minimizing the incident, he gave the impression he was a youngster.

No, I'm afraid it doesn't. I've explained this previously. Engine does 'not' need to be removed. The only reason the tyres/fluids/battery etc. are removed are for environmental/recycling reasons. That car could have been crushed immediately - therefore this issue should remain well and truly open. The removable items are a recommendation by government/state (and are subject to a fine if not adhered to) and have nothing at all to do with the 'crushing' ability of the car-crusher.

Do you really think SA thought 'hmm...I won't crush this one without removing the recyclables as I may be subject to an environmental fine?' I certainly don't think so.

Plus, it took four days just to report her missing. That alone is plenty of time to do all of the necessary preparations, not to mention the days it took to find her car after.

Yes. You are correct. Legally.

But if you just killed a gal, why bother with technicalities.

I admit, that wasn't one of my finer posts..lol...but I'm never too proud to admit I'm wrong. Not only was I wrong, but that post was just stupid. It's been a long day...haha

My car has two regular keys and a valet key. The valet key will allow the car to be driven but will not allow the key to unlock my glove box or truck if I lock them with my regular key. I have a key hole in my door the will lock it so it wont allow itself to be opened from the inside pop trunk button. Mine is a jetta ,I dont know how the RAV4 would have worked. It would seem like with the RAv4 being a hatch ,having the valet key lock for the truck would be a pointless expense for Toyota.

Watching NG again, Kratz is on (audio only) and the sheriff. Kratz says he is keeping his options open as to suing Netflix. The sheriff is saying the 'film doesn't give all the evidence" "this case probably had more evidence than you will see in any murder case that I've ever seen or anybody else has and they are making these judgement calls off of a film"

The trial transcripts have not been released for Steven, is this correct? Only Brendan's?

Watching NG again, Kratz is on (audio only) and the sheriff. Kratz says he is keeping his options open as to suing Netflix. The sheriff is saying the 'film doesn't give all the evidence" "this case probably had more evidence than you will see in any murder case that I've ever seen or anybody else has and they are making these judgement calls off of a film"

The trial transcripts have not been released for Steven, is this correct? Only Brendan's?

I guess that is the part that frustrates me and even scares me a little in that people sat through 10 hours of propaganda and now think that they know the answer to everything - LE framed him! He's innocent! Poor guy is just being railroaded! Man! And these are the people who make some of the important decisions in our lives. Very frightening!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2440248/j...murderer-homicide-case-stands-by-the-verdict/
seen this earlier on my facebook. I am not sure if anyone outside of Canada can see it? Hope so.
One of the jurors, who stands by their verdict, is actually named in the article. I would like to hear from the juror who had to leave, Richard Mahler, if she was one of the original "guilty" voters, or if she changed her vote and stands by it. Interesting too that it says Richard asked to leave because he was emotionally exhausted.... I thought it was a family emergency.

The Manitowoc LE had a conflict of interest. A huge one. Any evidence involving them should be discarded. That leaves the state without a case. Avery deserves a new trial.
Brandon deserves a new trial in the very least because of the actions of his attorney. He was not just ineffective he treated him as guilty regardless of what Brandon said. If he wasn't working for LE he might as well have been. The kid had no chance. They don't have to be released because people watched the show and think they are innocent. They deserve new trials because each one in no way received a fair trial.

I guess that is the part that frustrates me and even scares me a little in that people sat through 10 hours of propaganda and now think that they know the answer to everything - LE framed him! He's innocent! Poor guy is just being railroaded! Man! And these are the people who make some of the important decisions in our lives. Very frightening!

Again, as other posters have mentioned, most here are not proclaiming his innocence, just the fact that everyone deserves a fair trial and there is some evidence of impropriety, conflict of interest and prejudice. It's not so unreasonable given that they actually DID railroad him in the rape case right?

The main question is whether or not our legal system is in need of some repair, and whether these guys deserve a new trial. Especially Brendan! You keep mentioning SA but the true tragedy everyone seems to dismiss when mentioning the Netflix series is this poor kid.

I'm not speaking of most here. I am on several forums and there are also those two petitions going around.

I believe the SA was given a fair trial. Brendan is another story entirely. I don't dismiss that at all.

Everyone is frustrated. Or perhaps Kratz and the sheriff are putting out propaganda? I need to see this 'more evidence than you will see in any murder case that I have ever seen or anybody else has' and how better to see it than a retrial or a release of the transcripts of Steven's including pictures of all this evidence not presented in the documentary.

Hopefully it will be presented in a way that helps people understand the situation better.

This is just insulting. ^

Hopefully they will present it in a way that Will shatter the myth that LE didn't deliberately scew this guy. Twice.

No "mistakes", as you like to call them, by LE were made that weren't carefully calculated to put these two away for life. Hell they won't even admit he wasn't guilty of the FIRST conviction, and they KNEW who WAS!

If you go to the 9:27 mark of the 3rd episode (Plight of the Accused)...

The dad says he's putting his business up, and SA says, "you shoulda done that a long time ago." The entitlement tone in his voice admittedly blows me away. It was about at that point where I began to have my doubts with regard to his proclaimed innocence.

Even so, the two men who gave each other alibis? Bobby & Tadych, if I recall correctly. Came across as really questionable. Also, the brother & ex breaking into Halbach's phone records and basically destroying the evidence, leaves pause.

I absolutely do not think LE murdered Halbach. I do however find it appalling that they came up with the gruesome scenario that they did... all from the imagination of a mentally challenged teen, purely to support their version of things. Imho, that is an awful thing to do to the victim's family.

Again, as other posters have mentioned, most here are not proclaiming his innocence, just the fact that everyone deserves a fair trial and there is some evidence of impropriety, conflict of interest and prejudice. It's not so unreasonable given that they actually DID railroad him in the rape case right?

The main question is whether or not our legal system is in need of some repair, and whether these guys deserve a new trial. Especially Brendan! You keep mentioning SA but the true tragedy everyone seems to dismiss when mentioning the Netflix series is this poor kid.

Well said!

Kurtz and the sheriff didn't make a 10 hour series of omitted details and call it a documentary. The new documentary coming out by the ID channel will show it all (at least that's what they say) and, at the very least, if people want to still believe that he is innocent, will do it with ALL of the info. I find it very interesting that they released Brendon's trial transcript but not Stevens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member