Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought for those going over Brendan's transcripts, When my neighbour's transmission cracked the fluid was as red as blood. His 3 year old grandson said "Your car bleeding"
So the red fluid may have been transmission fluid or blood. I remember Brendan first stating Steven puncher something while working on his car.

The drawings his first attorney had him do, he labeled the restraints as "rope." And no evidence of any kind of restraint was found on the headboard or footboard. Finally, no DNA on the bed nor the bedding.

I don't know the story (I haven't watched the series), but my parents are very into it. They are intelligent folks but they aren't really captivated by crime.
I'm glad more people are hearing this story.

I am watching the series and am quite gobsmacked at the terrible police work.

I have no idea about the guilt of SA but Dassey was most definitely led, especially by the investigator.

The lack of blood in the trailer, the key suddenly appearing etc needs to be questioned.

Realistically, anyone living on the property had the opportunity to murder the poor woman yet from the second the car was found, he was their focus. Dispatch says the car was found and the first comment is 'do we have him in custody?' There were quite a few 'he's' living on the property.

Very sloppy investigating by the police may have seen a murderer stay free due to obvious bias by many . He may well be guilty but based on the investigation shown, they were only focused on him.

When someone tells me a cadaver dog can hit on a body 100 feet under ground, I am going to question a bullet that recently went through a skull is not hit on by a cadaver dog.
'Cadaver dog' is really quite a general term. It doesn't tell us enough about the specific qualities of the dog used at the scene of crime to determine whether it should be easier to hit on a drop of blood than a buried corpse. Some cadaver dogs are trained more specifically to detect cadavers i.e. the smell of death, rotting corpses etc, some are originally air-scenting search and rescue dogs with lesser ability to detect scents unless they have an initial sample to follow. The capability of each dog is absolutely dependent upon it's specific training and purpose.

We don't know the specifics of the dog used so cannot know for sure whether the lead fragment should have been hit upon. What we do know for sure is that, yes, some dogs are far better at recognising the scent of a dead body 100 feet underground than a drop of blood 20 feet away, specifically because that is what they've been trained to do.

The Fox Hills Resort testimony was not recorded because the detectives had faulty equipment.

:/ oh, is that how it goes ??!?!

geez

It's extraordinary how tape recorders become faulty at such times of importance.

And equally as extraordinary is how law enforcement don't feel the need to have a backup machine :facepalm:

I'm extremely concerned about the safe keeping of SA's vial of blood. Considering how everything else has been handled (literally), it would not be a shocker, when and if DNA testing is improved for EDTA detection, the vial will turn up missing...

Since Dassey's statements are almost all useless because of what the police suggested, I've been trying to go thru all his statements and see what he brings up on his own and doesn't fit the narrative investigators are going with, especially if he brings it up repeatedly. These are the most likely to get close to the truth, IMO.

One thing I see mentioned in nearly every interview (sometimes at prompting of investigators) is Chuck. He is one of the few things Dassey mentions w.o prompting, when he insists they took "Chuck's route" to dump the RAV4, even when investigators try to walk it back. When asked if Chuck saw the RAV4 being hid, Dassey says "probably" He later brings up something about seeing Chuck and Steve the day of or after the murder (will check my docs when I get home) in the garage together discussing something and working on a car. He is quickly steered back on track and told he didn't see whatever car he saw them working on in the garage, and led to place the RAV4 back in the garage. If he is asked questions about what Chuck knows or what he thinks Chuck knows, are usually given an "I don't know" or some variation, which he rarely uses.

This is done to a lesser extent w. Earl, but Dassey isn't the one to bring him up and he has virtually nothing to say about him. I don't think Dassey was present when the vehicle was dumped, and prior to re-reading the 2/27 statement I assumed he just reported back info about the car that was public knowledge, but Chuck's route was a detail introduced by him that he was adamant about. I wonder if someone in his own family told him something, or if family members questioned his knowledge.

Just thought I'd mention this since the subject of others on the property with opportunity has been mentioned repeatedly, and almost everyone seems to be in agreement that Dassey's confession was coerced and he's likely innocent. I'll find the specific sections where Dassey makes these comments when I get home.

Anyone know how well the alibis of Chuck, Earl, Tadych, and the Dassey brothers were checked, if at all? JMO, but if Steven is innocent, the real killer is someone on that property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm extremely concerned about the safe keeping of SA's vial of blood. Considering how everything else has been handled (literally), it would not be a shocker, when and if DNA testing is improved for EDTA detection, the vial will turn up missing...

If that vial of blood turns up missing, there should be an evidence log of who had it last. If that isn't filled out and it's gone, I imagine heads will roll. Appellate court judges usually come down hard on cases where evidence is withheld or disappeared, and with the reputation these investigators already have, if that vial of blood disappears, someone better be providing the Court w. a damn good explanation

Where is this information about Steve using *67 to call teresa twice that day ? Is that true ? I can find it being said in alot of articles, but haven't seen any documents or witness testimony stating that.

Are there avery trial transcripts out there ? Still haven't seen those.

The phone calls were introduced into evidence by the State at trial. They had two people from two phone company's come in to show a series of phone calls were made by Avery to Teresa on the 31st, some with a blocking feature and Teresa's cell was shut down at 4:45. I remember this clearly because somehow Kratz botched something and the defense was able
to get out on cross that her voicemail was accessed between October 31-Nov 3, which I don't think the State wanted to come out.

The Avery trial transcripts aren't online. My guess is you'd have to go to Calumet to access them. The trial took 5 weeks so probably contains pages well into the thousands, which is probably why it's not online.

Where is this information about Steve using *67 to call teresa twice that day ? Is that true ? I can find it being said in alot of articles, but haven't seen any documents or witness testimony stating that.

Are there avery trial transcripts out there ? Still haven't seen those.

Haven't found them anywhere; however, I read that the Facebook page "Making a Murderer Discussion Group" is in the process of procuring and downloading them to the page for viewing.

Haven't found them anywhere; however, I read that the Facebook page "Making a Murderer Discussion Group" is in the process of procuring and downloading them to the page for viewing.

Excellent, was hoping someone would take the initiative on that :)

Unless I am misunderstanding something, the only relevance of that vial in this respect, is that we know it has EDTA.

It's the blood evidence that was found in the the Rav4 that you want to somehow keep safe, right? If the blood from the Rav4 has EDTA in it, that would prove a plant, because there should be no EDTA in that blood.

Or am I misunderstanding ?

Someone posted a very interesting link earlier, I'll see if I can dig it up. Basically the person was saying he was someone who worked in the field and that something they were developing was a way to detect the "age" of blood. The poster deleted a description of what his test would do, and not sure why.

I believe what he was saying is that he was either developing or knew of a test that would be able to tell the "age" of the blood when it was removed from the body. Meaning that he could tell if the blood from the Rav4 was from 2005 or if it was from the date the blood in the vial was drawn.

Now that I look, the person that posted it has also deleted their account. So maybe was someone lying.

But a test such as that logically would be viable for Avery's case, if it truly exists.

Edit --- https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/3y4cj8/i_know_a_new_technique_that_could_test_the/

This would be huge...Hacker group Anonymous vows to help ‘Making a Murderer’ convict go free

http://zap2it.com/2015/12/making-a-murderer-anonymous-helps-steven-avery-phone-records-netflix/

This is excellent news! Interesting article. Says phone records between Lenk and Colborn will be posted from the day Colborn made that phone call to call in the plates, days before the RAV4 was discovered. I've beloved from the get-go that these two creeps were in on this. Time will tell, but I'm very glad this is being investigated. There really needs to be some attention paid to looking into the ex-boyfriend and the roommate as well.
I also cannot figure out why Teresa's phone records weren't dug into regarding those 'nuisance' calls she had been getting. All they needed to do was find out what number had been calling her repeatedly in the days before and specifically the one that came in when her boss was standing near her. He could probably give a very good timeframe for that call.
I don't believe SA deleted those voicemails, I can't see him figuring out her passcode to do that. I firmly believe the brother and/or ex-boyfriend did that. So...why? It's a crime that those two weren't even investigated (as well as the roommate who didn't report her missing for days) due to LE's tunnel vision. Disgusting.

This is excellent news! Interesting article. Says phone records between Lenk and Colborn will be posted from the day Colborn made that phone call to call in the plates, days before the RAV4 was discovered. I've beloved from the get-go that these two creeps were in on this. Time will tell, but I'm very glad this is being investigated. There really needs to be some attention paid to looking into the ex-boyfriend and the roommate as well.
I also cannot figure out why Teresa's phone records weren't dug into regarding those 'nuisance' calls she had been getting. All they needed to do was find out what number had been calling her repeatedly in the days before and specifically the one that came in when her boss was standing near her. He could probably give a very good timeframe for that call.
I don't believe SA deleted those voicemails, I can't see him figuring out her passcode to do that. I firmly believe the brother and/or ex-boyfriend did that. So...why? It's a crime that those two weren't even investigated (as well as the roommate who didn't report her missing for days) due to LE's tunnel vision. Disgusting.

We assume the killer had her phone, so the killer had the ability to delete the voicemails from the phone itself.

Kind of interesting though, that this ex-boyfriend says they figured out the passcode and he is with the family/friends. Was he the one that came up with the idea ?

Is it possible he already knew the passcode and kind of manipulated everyone into the game of "Hey, maybe we can figure out her passcode?". But in reality he had already deleted the voicemails, but he can now say "We figured it out as a group, and that's the first time I was in her voicmail" - to divert attention from him.

The deleted voicemails are no doubt important to this case imo. So, I found that aspect troubling in regards to the ex-boyfriend.

We assume the killer had her phone, so the killer had the ability to delete the voicemails from the phone itself.

So if the message(s) were deleted on November 2, that would mean the phone was burned/destroyed after on or after November 2. Which would put the DA theory that Steven burned them in the barrel on October 31 off by a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288