Nevada air cargo worker loses job after reporting animal abuse

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.rgj.com/article/20111203...mal-abuse?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Local News

she saw an emaciated hunting dog, its paws bloody, its body covered with sores.

"Everyone who saw it, the TSA people, the Airport Police officers, the girls at the ticket counter, was concerned. The dog was so weak and torn up. It didn't look like it could survive the flight."

Jones said her supervisor told her to load the dog on the plane because the animal's paperwork was in order and its condition wasn't her concern. She said she was warned she would lose her job if she kept carrying on about the dog.

"I was crying," she said. "I kept saying that dog could not be put on a plane."

I hope the animal control officers go back to the reporting vet on the animals health certificate as well as the owner. The vet is required to thoroughly examine any animal that will be air shipped. I fly my show dogs around quite a bit, and let me tell you, my vet is very thorough with his exam. He goes so far as to run a internal parasite check everytime. I cant imagine a vet signing off that this poor dog was in good condition to fly. people are horrible, and I hold the owner of this dog directly responsible. I hope the authorities do as well. And then this womans supervisor should be outsourced to a stinky little lost luggage office!

Thank God for people like this woman who do the right thing, no matter the circumstance. I am so glad that this woman had the integrity to get that poor dog help when no one else, even its owner, cared enough to do so-- I wish I could personally thank her. The supervisor who fired her should be ashamed of himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his job and I hope Ms. Jones is reinstated and promoted!!

Yay! The article also states that the baggage handler got some donations in the mail, and has offered to either return them to the senders or to give the money to animal welfare groups (very cool, imo).

This article: http://www.rgj.com/article/20111206/NEWS/111206038 says:

Leible said the company will use the experience as a “teaching moment” for all its employees at 38 airports and also will donate $5,000 to the Nevada Humane Society.

Also very cool.

I hope the dog is doing alright!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee