ú

New Connecticut River Killer?

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by AlbusTheInvestigator, Jun 4, 2019.

1. AlbusTheInvestigator

AlbusTheInvestigator New Member

There has been a spree of bodies found in the Connecticut River in Springfield, Mass. Since May 25, there have been three bodies found. Investigators have come out today and said that they believe the incidents are completely separate and that no foul play is suspected. Details as follows:

May 25: West Springfield police responded to a report of a body in the river near the North End Bridge. The body — believed to be that of a man — “may have been in the river for an extended period of time,” said James Leydon, spokesman for the district attorney’s office.

May 27: Residents reported a man’s body in the river near the Pioneer Valley Yacht Club in Longmeadow. Leydon said that victim, too, may have been in the water for an extended period.

June 1: The body of a man reported missing on January 8 was discovered near the Memorial Bridge in West Springfield.

I'm concerned that the police are being lazy and aren't investigating this properly. Or, they are just putting out information so that people don't panic and think there's a serial killer on the loose.

Rocky1 likes this.
  2. AlbusTheInvestigator

These three aren't the only people that have shown up in bodies of water in Springfield, Mass this year.

Achim Bailey - 23 Year old Man who went missing in January 2019. They discovered his body in the Connecticut River in March. They say he was at a bar that night and was seen being kicked out of the bar by the bouncers. His phone turned off at 330 am. Police say no foul play. Here's an article.

Andrew Pearson - 25 Year old Man who went missing late January after leaving work early (around 4pm). Found in a lake at Forest Park in Springfield. Here's an article.

Here are prior websleuths threads about these two guys: Link #1 Link #2

Rocky1 likes this.
  3. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I know the Ct. river flows slowly, but it does flow.
    I wonder how long 'an extended amount of time is?
    Unless they were weighted down, I would think those bodies would have traveled down river at least a short distance?

AlbusTheInvestigator likes this.
  4. ilovesleep

ilovesleep Slumber Queen

I live a bit north of springfield but pretty close to the river. When I first moved up here, I thought people were being dramatic about how many bodies were found in the ct river ... I'm from baltimore and our murder rate is nuts. But the number of bodies found in the ct river is pretty creepy. I wonder if they're all documented somewhere.

Rocky1 and AlbusTheInvestigator like this.
  5. AlbusTheInvestigator

IDK - investigators haven't released like any information yet. I plan on monitoring and updating this with more information as they release it. One funny update: someone called in about another body they found in the CT river yesterday. Turns out it was a mannequin hahaha. Link

6. AlbusTheInvestigator

Achim Bailey and Andrew Pearson, the two guys apparently knew each other. They went to the same high school and were friends on facebook. Wonder if any of the knew bodies are related at all. Probably not, but this is certainly a curious coincidence.

ilovesleep likes this.