New Darlie Interview - WFAA

You're right, weasel. The fingerprint on the coffee table was a child's but the authorities couldn't match it to anyone in the house.

I dont think it is possible that bloody fingerprintprint could be from an unidentified child. This means that there was another child present during or before murders.
'In the beginning, and throughout the trial Dallas County prosecutors, Greg Davis and Toby Shook have inferred, insinuated and outright professed this print to have belonged to either Devon or Damon Routier. At trial Retired Lt. James Cron, testifying as an expert, stated under oath the print originated from a "juvenile" (Vol. 35). He went on to state "It fits the criteria to be a younger person's prints." Over time Retired Lt. James Cron's expertise has been called into question as well as his conclusions.
With the question of the Routier boy's prints being left open to speculation and assumptions the Routier family was forced to endure the heartbreaking decision to exhume the bodies and acquire definitive answers on their own.

In the Spring of 2000 both Devon and Damon's fingerprints were collected, and numerous experts in different fields of science were employed.

At trial Dallas County prosecutors informed Kerr County jurors that Mr. and Mrs. Routier, Rowlett law enforcement personnel, fire department personnel and paramedics had been excluded as the owners of this bloody unidentified fingerprint. Once the family of Darlie Routier proved these prints did not belong to either child the prosecution changed thier tune.' http://www.justicefordarlie.net/op/op-006.php

This still leaves the question of whose prints they are?

I don't think the print is from an unidentified child. I think the print is from a child, but it wasn't clear enough to positively identify if it belonged to Devon or Damon.

Most definatly Ciara. I think fingerprints are one big mystery, I dont rememer any1 who believes in her guilt having a rational explanation for them. Any suggestions on where they came from.....anyone?

How can you when the print is unidentifiable? It's smudged in blood.

Yes, my suggestion is it's Darlie's print. Who else could it belong to? It has a whorl pattern, Darlie has a whorl pattern on her ring finger. There's a line of her blood drops across the couch cushions leading to this table. She was probably after Damon and steadied herself by placing her hand on the table.

How can you when the print is unidentifiable? It's smudged in blood.

Yes, my suggestion is it's Darlie's print. Who else could it belong to? It has a whorl pattern, Darlie has a whorl pattern on her ring finger. There's a line of her blood drops across the couch cushions leading to this table. She was probably after Damon and steadied herself by placing her hand on the table.
Whorl patterns are common.
As stated in above post -
'At trial Dallas County prosecutors informed Kerr County jurors that Mr. and Mrs. Routier, Rowlett law enforcement personnel, fire department personnel and paramedics had been excluded as the owners of this bloody unidentified fingerprint. Once the family of Darlie Routier proved these prints did not belong to either child the prosecution changed thier tune.' http://www.justicefordarlie.net/op/op-006.php

<<Once the family of Darlie Routier proved these prints did not belong to either child>>

I wasn't aware anyone proved these prints didn't belong to either child.

Whorl patterns are common.
As stated in above post -
'At trial Dallas County prosecutors informed Kerr County jurors that Mr. and Mrs. Routier, Rowlett law enforcement personnel, fire department personnel and paramedics had been excluded as the owners of this bloody unidentified fingerprint. Once the family of Darlie Routier proved these prints did not belong to either child the prosecution changed thier tune.' http://www.justicefordarlie.net/op/op-006.php

Why would you just copy this to me Nicola? Obviously you have not read the trial transcripts or any of the appeals on the fingerprint. Why do you just believe the things the Routiers and Kees tell you without doing your own independent research?

Yes, whorl patterns are common but we're talking about a smudged bloody print from a murder scene and a suspect who matches the print.

Darlie has been excluded by her own fingerprint man (who is not an expert unlike Cron). The state says she's not excluded. It's expert against expert.

Why would you just copy this to me Nicola? Obviously you have not read the trial transcripts or any of the appeals on the fingerprint. Why do you just believe the things the Routiers and Kees tell you without doing your own independent research?

Yes, whorl patterns are common but we're talking about a smudged bloody print from a murder scene and a suspect who matches the print.

Darlie has been excluded by her own fingerprint man (who is not an expert unlike Cron). The state says she's not excluded. It's expert against expert.

1. Yes I have read transcripts etc.

2. The site this comes from is not associated with routier family.

3. It has not been stated that Darlie matched print only that she couldnt be excluded as a match.

1. Yes I have read transcripts etc.

2. The site this comes from is not associated with routier family.

3. It has not been stated that Darlie matched print only that she couldnt be excluded as a match.

Well do some research on the fingerprint like we've done instead of pushing that stuff from the .net site on me. I know who runs that site and she is Darlie's biggest fan. Read all the affidavits from defence and state alike. Cron is an experienced fingerprint man. If you've read the transcripts, you'll know his testimony on the print.

Yes, that's what I said, Darlie cannot be excluded as a match. I can make the leap to the probability that it is her print. It certainly doesn't match the over 6 ft intruder she described...it's too small.

Now, I'm new here so be nice. I haven't seen any real information or background as to why the husband is not (or was not) a suspect. From what I understand, he:

1. heard no struggle
2. heard no screaming (surely the younger one would have screamed at some point? Or Darlie? It is pure instinct to scream when you see someone in your home that you don't know and the husband heard nothing until she started yelling after the stabbing?
3. whose blood was on and around the sink?
4. both gave different versions as to what he was wearing when he came down stairs. I believe he said, no jeans but he had his glasses on; she said jeans but no glasses. She also was running around with no panties on while a bunch of people were in the house? I don't know why this strikes me as odd; maybe because I am a modest person but the only way I could even imagine doing that was if I were in shock.
5. she clearly didn't have time to do all of the after murder stuff (like dropping the sock) but her husband did.
6. Didn't he fail a polygraph?
7. Didn't Darlie mention that he was pissed off at the older boy for draining the hottub?

If these are repetative points or have previously been discussed, please excuse me as I did not see it in any of the reading prior. I have watched her interviews and read her statements and she doesn't strike me as particularly smart or clever. I have watched numerous police interviews and tapes of other female murderers of children (Susan Smith, etc) and they have a very predictable pattern of behavior that I personally do not see in Darlie. I'm not a fan of hers; just an outside observer. The court transcripts are a joke.

Wow you guys....that's kinda harsh, isn't it?

I haven't been to death row, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a Gold's Gym, and personal trainers. :)

Other things to keep in mind, is she isn't a kid anymore. She's eating a diet most likely consisting of balony sandwiches, and as many starches the hoosgow can afford. I'm pretty sure why the "last wish" is usually food, is because jail food sucks.

Anywhoo, she has indeed changed in appearance, but I'm not sure how fair it is of us to ridicule that, or speculate that she's lazy and won't excercise. :)

I agree....pretty catty. In prison, its not like you probably get nice selection of fresh fruits, steamed vegggies, salads, lean meats. probably lots of the cheaper, starchier type foods.......maybe when youre woried about going to death row and dying, your weight might be last thing you worry about.
Does her hubby Darrin visit regularly?

I really don't care how Darlie looks or what she eats. She had and has had a life long in years, far beyond what the boys lived.

The one thing I guess that really strikes me about this case, I guess the first of many, is that when you are telling the truth you only need one story, that is the story of what actually happened.

So smoke, mirrors and B.S. aside, Darlie could not and will not ever tell the truth. Because it is so much more fun in respect to manipulation and the "poor railroaded" me then it is to be a stone cold killer of your kids.

The Coleman case seems to come to mind. To the very end, Roger Coleman "manipulated" everyone to "rally" his cause because he was so convincing that he was innocent and "railroaded". But after his execution, much to the chagrin of his "supporters" his DNA matched the crime scene.

Reminds me a lot of the Darlie case, big time.

<<she clearly didn't have time to do all of the after murder stuff (like dropping the sock)>>

Hello and welcome. It's just my opinion, but I think she did all the staging before calling 911 or yelling for Darrin to come down.

Hi weasel, thanks for the welcome... I thought the state had doctors stating that the second boy could only have survived 9-10 minutes after having been stabbed. The sock in question (don't know if it was ruled out as not belonging to the family) was 75 yards away (225 feet) and covered in both boys blood. The hair found in it, I do not believe has been DNA tested. Seems unlikely she stabbed bot boys, ran from the house, tossed the sock and ran back... it could happen, it just doesn't seem the simpliest explanation.

Hi weasel, thanks for the welcome... I thought the state had doctors stating that the second boy could only have survived 9-10 minutes after having been stabbed. The sock in question (don't know if it was ruled out as not belonging to the family) was 75 yards away (225 feet) and covered in both boys blood. The hair found in it, I do not believe has been DNA tested. Seems unlikely she stabbed bot boys, ran from the house, tossed the sock and ran back... it could happen, it just doesn't seem the simpliest explanation.

I think that she stabbed both the boys then tried to slice her neck at the sink and when she realized that she could not go through with that then she knew she had to do something to cover up what she had just done so she ran the sock down then came back realizing that the older of the boys was not dead yet and stabbed him for the second time (then giving the timeline of the death to occur) so this sets back the staging with enough time to plant. it is not until the second time she goes to finish the stabbing (after she has planted the sock) that he is given the timeline to live

The sock was NOT covered in both of the boys blood. Look at the picture of the sock and you will see a couple of drops of blood. Not saturated with blood. And the hair you are referencing turned out to be a animal hair.

I believe Darlie stabbed both boys prior to taking the sock outside and cutting the screen.

Hi weasel, thanks for the welcome... I thought the state had doctors stating that the second boy could only have survived 9-10 minutes after having been stabbed.

Damon was stabbed at two different times and in two different areas of the room so the 9:00 timeline starts with the second group of stabbings..the fatal ones.

The sock in question (don't know if it was ruled out as not belonging to the family) was 75 yards away (225 feet) and covered in both boys blood. The hair found in it, I do not believe has been DNA tested. Seems unlikely she stabbed bot boys, ran from the house, tossed the sock and ran back... it could happen, it just doesn't seem the simpliest explanation.

It was Darin's sock and it was not covered in blood and yes it's been dna tested and is now being subjected to further dna tests.

Welcome anubis...my sister has a siamese cat with the same name, LOL.

T

I believe Darlie stabbed both boys prior to taking the sock outside and cutting the screen.

How could she have done that? She would have had their blood on her and no evidence of blood was found outside the house, apart from the drops on the sock.

I was lurking a little here is what I know-TEXAS WILL LOCK YOU UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY, there are more cases of people on death row in texas that have been proved innocent than anywhere in the country!

I have read about this case, but must read more. I didn't follow it from the beginning.
For research of another thread (Phases of the moon/crimes)..........does anyone KNOW what phase the moon was in the night of her boys murder? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back