New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick' started by bessie, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

Maybe those posters who are local might try pronouncing it w/ Church Point-Bois de Mallet accent? JMO

2. heaven79

heaven79 New Member

Latest Update Hearing Set For Brandon Lavergne's Murder Trial
    12:39 PM by KATC
    A hearing has been set for Friday for Brandon Scott Lavergne's murder trial. The request for an evidentiary hearing was asked for by Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes this morning; Judge Herman Clause signed off on the request. The hearing is set for 10:00 a.m.
    Lavergne was indicted July 18 by a Lafayette grand jury for the first-degree murder of Shunick and Pate. Lavergne has been indicted in the deaths of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.
    For Page One of the Evidence Document, click here
    For Page Two of the Evidence Document, click here

COULD THEY BE SUBMITTING A CONFESSION AND CHANGING THE PLEA?:waitasec:

3. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

A trip to the courthouse vendor-vendee records might help.

4. heaven79

heaven79 New Member

Can someone please help me understand what does this mean?

5. katie78

katie78 Member

Yes it is the gf's father's business. Maybe he had a large commercial dumpster for the business that BL possibly could've used to dispose of evidence.

Yes, I agree. I think the CP was a misprint, especially now since we've heard there were other misprints in the document.

6. CHARLISA

CHARLISA Member

I'm thinking if he led them to Mickey's body as everyone believes since he was out of prison that day, this hearing is to change his plea.

Perhaps he is now looking at life in prison without parole in exchange for them going after the death penalty. If I remember correctly this is what happened in the California case of Chelsea King. The linked him to the other girl's murder (Amber DuBois) and John Gardner showed where Chelsea's body was. After that, he was given life in prison instead of them going for the death penalty. Sounds just like this case to me.

Kind of sucks that he won't be facing the death penalty, but at least Mickey's family can bury her now.

7. katie78

katie78 Member

Findagrave.com spells it Pinseclair. If you look at obits of people who are buried there it is spelled Pines Claire or Pine Claire though. We may never know the real spelling I'm afraid. Possibly changed spelling over the years? I even found a bulletin from St. Ann's in Mamou that spells it Pain Claire's!

8. katie78

katie78 Member

His adoptive father was in the hospital, his step-father has already passed away I believe.

9. heaven79

heaven79 New Member

that was what I was thinking.

sorry if this was already discussed, justr getting home from work.

10. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

BBM

I had posted earlier that if she takes Ambien...

Just want to clear it up that I have no clue if she did/does.

I take it and my husband has told me that I wake up in the exact position that I went to sleep in... I never move.

11. NOLAMAKEUPARTIST

NOLAMAKEUPARTIST New Member

Can someone post a link to the evidence docs? It won't open on Katc site! Thanks bunches

12. reedus23

reedus23 Well-Known Member

Won't avoid the press but maybe a lynch mob then. Way early to be having hearings on what is admissible and what's not.

13. heaven79

heaven79 New Member

14. reedus23

reedus23 Well-Known Member

Yes, if there's a plea agreement, that process would have to be followed through with. I have just never heard it called the same thing that Friday's hearing is called. Of course, I don't live in LA and all states have there own words to describe the same thing.

15. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

BS Lavergne intentionally set his 2011 Silverado on fire, then purchased a 2009 Silverado...
    A search on the price of the 2009 replacement truck would have been approximately $25,000.00. This would have given BSL about $9,000.00 working capital/travel expenses.

Glad they arrested him on July 5, 2012 before he absconded and truly became an everywhere, nowhere man...

http://autos.aol.com/used/kbb/Chevr...+Cab-LT_Pickup_4D_5_3_4_ft/2009/retail-value/

16. NOLAMAKEUPARTIST

NOLAMAKEUPARTIST New Member

17. justwannahelp

justwannahelp Well-Known Member

"Judge Herman Clause set an evidentiary hearing for 10 a.m. Friday in the case of Brandon Scott Lavergne, the man accused of killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.

Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes, lead prosecutor in the case, requested the hearing this morning.

The request states that the evidentiary hearing be "limited to the perpetuation of testimony." "

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...sey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

What does all this mean?

18. justwannahelp

19. MonkeyShine

MonkeyShine New Member

20. justwannahelp

i just googled and read that too and it confused me further. i thought he already had the hearing where they decide if there's enough to prosecute. so confused. where is everyone?? :waitasec:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.