New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick' started by bessie, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

Well I dug a hole for a dry well two years ago, it was 5 ft deep and 4 feet diameter. It took me 4 hours and it was wet clay dirt. I kind of got smart after I got it going, I jumped in the hole after two feet with a shovel you use for a fire place and a big bucket. It was way faster believe it or not. It was like scooping out water from a sink with a cup.

2. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

If they find more victims.....he could have had this spot dug deep long ago and just kept going back to the same place. Terrible thought..i know..but you never know with this guy.

3. Fishin'chick

Fishin'chick New Member

Ali is the first missing person here in Texas I thought of when BSL was linked here!!! I still see missing person fliers and stickers for Ali. I also remember when she went missing. . .

This is hitting WAAAAAY to close to home on both parts for me...

Born and raised in Laffy and live in Houston now.

4. lemon

lemon Heeding previous admonitions.

I hope this doesn't come off disrespectfully, Donamena. I just had a feeling there may be a misunderstanding here. It seems like you may be thinking the initials "gf" mean grandfather? As in the father of the grandfather owns the business. But we are referring to the father of BSLs girlfriend, so the last name being the same is probably more than a genealogical coincidence.

5. NewYork625

NewYork625 Well-Known Member

I wonder where that truck is now?

6. danzn16

danzn16 For the missing

Was that 2005 GMC white truck listed on ACI's list of owned vehicles earlier?

7. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

Anyone know the plate number or part of it?
    I have a plate number I want checked out!

It's from a white Chevy Tahoe pick up. The tag is 2009. not sure the yr of the truck.

8. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

No. It wasn't. Could he have rented or borrowed it?

9. RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40 New Member

Not sure, but I do know it was registered in

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
    Registration Date: 12/17/09

Followed by:

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
    Registration Date: 8/22/2011

and a few others

BIG thanks to A.C.I. for the listing.

10. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

Has Ali ever been found..her body?

11. kjnmom

kjnmom New Member

Yes there was a 2005 GMC Sierra 4 door ext. cab registered 12/17/09

12. RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40 New Member

Now I'm confused; that truck was on the list.

13. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

Bumping from last thread-respectfully snipped-

08-07-2012, 12:51 AM

KinseyWannabe

random thoughts from an evening walk
    Re: the three mysterious mounds. I lived in a rent house that was under repair by two guys who were friends with each other and then got in a huge, vocal argument with each other. I had to leave before it ended, but the next day, there was a plot of upturned earth and no sign of either man. Their absence went on for days. My roomie and I speculated that the loser of the argument might be buried there but neither of us wanted to check! Later, both men were back on the job, and it turned out that one of the guys had overheard me saying something about wanting a garden and thought to give some help by starting the plot.

So, in the farmer's case, it might be that there was someone wanting to plant--an illegal cash crop perhaps? I admit it doesn't make much sense that there were three plots. Also, it doesn't make much sense because Louisiana landowners are in my experience especially passionate about their landownership. For this reason, a closer watch might be kept on one's property here. I guess I'm talking myself out of the case I was making here...

Moving along to look at this from another angle...the number of plots has me wondering. Could it be that there was something planned on a grander scheme by BSL? (i.e., three abductees?)

The method by which he abducted MS, the bump-and-grab, seemed to indicate more of a mind geared more toward spontaneity than planning. Then I think back about the multiple IDs of other women found in his home.

An earlier poster wondered how he might be in a position to collect them. If he has the IDs of MS and LP, these are women whose lives he invaded in the worst way. There are other, less permanent ways of collecting IDs however. We know BSL has burgled before. What if he burgled or creeped (a la Charles Manson) homes of potential victims? This would provide him with an opportunity to lift other IDs.

This really bugs me because in addition to their legitimate, legal purpose, the IDs also serve as a "calling card" and perhaps eventually as a different kind of trophy. What better way to remember what a target looks like and where she lives?

14. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Thanks, I knew I had seen a 2005 GMC listed in this post, and was looking for it when you posted it. While this does not give the color of that particular truck, it is very reasonable to guess that it, too, was white, since both his 2011 that he torched and its 2009 replacement were both white. Seems it was his color of choice for trucks...Maybe, as some have suggested, there are so many of them, and they dont tend to stand out and get noticed as easily. JMO

15. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

Bolded by me. I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly- someone (or multiple someones) saw the GMC white truck (and we know from ACI he at one time had a GMC white truck) with Louisiana plate numbers matching BSL's in the area when Ali went missing?
    If so, why was he never questioned before about Ali as a RSO driving a truck with a matching description and license plate number seen driving around the neighborhood when she was taken? Wouldn't they run LE run the plate, see he's a RSO and talk to him? Wouldn't we know by now (after his arrest) he was talked to after Ali went missing? Was his then-truck caught on camera in the area when Ali went missing (otherwise it seems unlikely people would just remember the truck's plates unless it was doing something suspicious as they wouldn't know Ali was missing yet if it was in the area soon after/before/when Ali was taken- hope that makes sense).

Are we (or KLFY, I guess) absolutely sure about this? I hope the police where Ali went missing, FBI, etc are all over this!

16. Kateinfl

Kateinfl Active Member

If Ali hasn't been found..they should start looking at all of the off beaten paths of cemeteries there. I'm telling you..this guy has a thing for cemeteries.....THE WACKO> jmo

17. Montjoy

Montjoy Inactive

Indeed. I have not done enough research, and don't know if this is still a graveyard in which people are still interred, but could there have been graves dug in advance of a burial? That could explain the depth, if that detail is accurate. Not likely an easy feat to dig a 5 foot grave manually.

But more to the point, a five foot grave is really overkill.

18. MamaRoux

MamaRoux New Member

If it was dated May 31st, was a mound of dirt visible?

19. Jkg005

Jkg005 New Member

Hope you don't mind me jumping off your post. Question, suppose they now have an indictment against BSL for Ali's death wouldn't be be tried for that first? Not sure if she was before Lisa or not so I may be jumping the gun. And if that is the case and he is put away for life would he be able to return to be tried for Lisa and Mickey's deaths. If not maybe he is in fact going to be THE witness since he may not be able to return??? Hope this made sense. Again this is just a question as I have no idea what procedure would be in a case like this. I know one of you will be able to address. Thanks in advance

20. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

Bumping-

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-173095.html

MacSanford
    08-07-2012, 12:35 AM
    Hello, my apologies if I am not posting this in the correct place, as I am a new user to this incredible site... My name is Mac Sanford, and I'm the PI that was hired by the family of missing 15y/o Ali Lowitzer in Houston, TX, more than 2 years ago. <modsnip> I'm still in need of a few items of information, and I think that the missing pieces may have been covered in one of these forums, but I'm realizing that there is a substantial learning curve involved with navigating this site!! Is there a "Search" feature on here, anywhere? Should I just state what it is that I'm looking for in regards to Lavergne on this thread?
    alwaysonmymind

08-07-2012, 12:46 AM
    Mac, scroll up and you can see a 'search' option near the top of the forum.
    You can search for threads or posts.

Hope this helps~
    bessie
    08-07-2012, 01:42 AM
    Hello, my apologies if I am not posting this in the correct place, as I am a new user to this incredible site... My name is Mac Sanford, and I'm the PI that was hired by the family of missing 15y/o Ali Lowitzer in Houston, TX, more than 2 years ago.

Welcome to Websleuths, Mac. The discussion you're looking for is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.