New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for singing, I'm going to go lay down now and try to sleep...Buz me if you don't see me in the morning. Nite Night all.

I lost the plot too -- I know that there is a half bio sister in Texas....and an adoptive sister in Louisiana.... but where did a third female figure come in?

IMO the sister was not there. Maybe she had left for work or was out of town.
Well, not his sister but the person he claimed was his sister.

I guess he could have even just picked a random house, called on his cell, and waited outside for LE to give the report! Doubt it, but ...!

I just looked over the pdf of the report again. I can't read any part of any of the three places the address/es is/are blacked out (I remember some of you were able to). I'd think all three are the same, since the report describes "the scene" -- but I did wonder if maybe he MIGHT have called in the incident from a different person's house, after having really spent the night at his sister's house. Again, probably not -- all three places an address is blacked out is probably the same one -- just seemed a little odd that the address would be stated 3 times in such a brief report.

I lost the plot too -- I know that there is a half bio sister in Texas....and an adoptive sister in Louisiana.... but where did a third female figure come in?

A third??? OK, now I'm lost, too.

Thank you all for singing, I'm going to go lay down now and try to sleep...Buz me if you don't see me in the morning. Nite Night all.

Me too. 'Night all.

Sweet dreams to you all filled with a world without hate, pain, and evil.....um, and lots of powerball winnings.

Hoping someone can clarify this, I thought I read somewhere that he had a biological sister AND a sister from his adoptive parents that both lived in Texas.

He has 2 bio sisters, both live in Texas

The resident of the home that he claimed was his sister but is not.

Dear Garryb - please know that our Admin works very hard around their real life priorities. We would love to have you verified, it is just that sometimes it takes a bit of time to get all the timing worked out. No one is ignoring you. Only a few members of the Admin team work on verifications. This has a lot to do with our confidentiality policy. Sometimes it takes a bit of work to get the timing down. Our admin have day jobs and other responsibilities that take priority over their WS duties. I am sure they are working hard to get you all squared away and it probably will not be much longer. Hang tight.

Salem

I truly sympathize with WS situation, and in no way bare any grudge against anyone with this fine organization. I was having too hard of a time with sitting by and seeing so much misinformation in these threads that were worrisome to me that could affect people that I know were not involved where some people were asking that businesses should be "looked into". and then maps that were supposed to depict a member of my families home. I know I have overstepped my bounds and expect to be summarily punished for doing so. Thanks for you courtesy and understanding.

And yet TX is the state that released McDuff...

That's when we had as Democrat Governor. McDuff did a lot to re-shape the penal system in Texas. I guess there is good that can come out of every situation.

I took a damn Ambien 3 hours ago and a swear it has done NOTHING ... I have a long work day tomorrow ... but I can't stop reading about this case. Hell, maybe I'll try read the kitty cat purring or something. :banghead:

I truly sympathize with WS situation, and in no way bare any grudge against anyone with this fine organization. I was having too hard of a time with sitting by and seeing so much misinformation in these threads that were worrisome to me that could affect people that I know were not involved where some people were asking that businesses should be "looked into". and then maps that were supposed to depict a member of my families home. I know I have overstepped my bounds and expect to be summarily punished for doing so. Thanks for you courtesy and understanding.

garryb, I'm definitely not an administrator or mod, but just wanted to say that I haven't seen anything you've posted tonight that I really expect you to be punished for -- not with my (admittedly limited) knowledge of "the rules". Since you've already started the verification process, I expect the generally wise folks "at the top" here will understand that you felt you needed to attempt to correct some "glaring" misinformation and/or missteps about to be taken.

I, for one, appreciate your efforts, and I know many others do, too.

Has anyone heard of any legal precedence for this? Do we have a lawyer or PA on here? I suppose if he did this, it would circumvent any appeals? Hopefully...

Not a lawyer, but have researched missing/murdered investigations & prosecution strategies for years. The strategy that is indicated in serial killer BS Lavergne's prosecution is the Green River/Kings Co., WA, strategy used almost a decade ago.

Due to many considerations, the death penalty is very seldom meted out in the new millennium. Expense, families & other victims having to relive the tragedy over & over again for decades due to automatic appeals, security, and a means to an end to begin the healing process for the entire community/state. Usually, depending on the magnitude/number of victims, these cases go from arrest to sentencing in only a few weeks, instead of years..

When a plea agreement was reached in the four capital murder serial killer cases that I am aware of, the right to appeal was forfeited by the serial killer defendant. Two were in NC/Federal, one in GA, & the other in Seattle, WA.

2008 DAWSON COUNTY, Ga. — Gary Michael Hilton was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without parole after pleading guilty to murder in the beating-death of a young woman hiker in the north Georgia mountains. A plea agreement means Hilton will be sentenced to life in prison and will avoid the death penalty in this case.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/hilton-admits-killing-meredith-emerson/nJW73/

Convicted serial killer Gary Michael Hilton has pleaded guilty to two more murders in North Carolina.

As part of the plea deal, Hilton will spend life in prison with no chance of parole.
Hilton pleaded guilty today to killing John and Irene Bryant in 2007.
Prosecutors say Hilton camped out waiting for victims before he encountered the elderly couple hiking in the Pisgah National Forest.

Hilton is already serving a life sentence in Georgia for kidnapping and killing a hiker there and he is on death row in Florida for the kidnapping and murder of Crawfordville Sunday school teacher Cheryl Dunlap.
http://www.wctv.tv/mobi/home/news?storyid=125237644

Gary Leon Ridgway (born February 18, 1949) is an American serial killer known as the Green River Killer, convicted of 48 separate murders and confessed to nearly double that number.

As part of a plea bargain wherein he agreed to disclose the whereabouts of still-missing women, he was spared the death penalty and received a sentence of Life imprisonment without parole.

" King County Prosecuting Attorney Norm Maleng explained his decision to make the deal:
“ We could have gone forward with seven counts, but that is all we could have ever hoped to solve. At the end of that trial, whatever the outcome, there would have been lingering doubts about the rest of these crimes.

This agreement was the avenue to the truth. And in the end, the search for the truth is still why we have a criminal justice system ... Gary Ridgway does not deserve our mercy. He does not deserve to live.

* The mercy provided by today's resolution is directed not at Ridgway, but toward the families who have suffered so much .
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Ridgway"]Gary Ridgway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

* "Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes is taking a no-holds-barred approach, .... Imo, the strategy being used to prosecute BS Lavergne, is straight from the playbook of the Gary Ridgeway prosecution(Kings county,WA)"
A possible preview of tomorrow's evidentiary hearing, imo..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrOcsxxsCg"]Gary Ridgway 5/5 - YouTube[/ame]

Garyb, IMO it is a good thing the posted map was incorrect. Let people think that is where the half sister lives...does that make sense?

Ahh! OK -- so "possible person, identity and gender unknown to us".

Wow, I'm getting confused too.
He reported the truck stolen from his Bio Sisters house - fact
His Bio Sister was home - fact
the address that generated the map that was circulated - fiction
I'm really not sure where the address information is coming from, but what is cited is not where he reported the truck stolen from, nor is it his Bio Sister's house.
He has 2 Bio Sisters, both live in Texas. I do not know of another sister, bio, adoptive or otherwise.

garryb, I'm definitely not an administrator or mod, but just wanted to say that I haven't seen anything you've posted tonight that I really expect you to be punished for -- not with my (admittedly limited) knowledge of "the rules". Since you've already started the verification process, I expect the generally wise folks "at the top" here will understand that you felt you needed to attempt to correct some "glaring" misinformation and/or missteps about to be taken.

I, for one, appreciate your efforts, and I know many others do, too.

Yes! We want to be corrected! We yearn for the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288