New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
when did it become KNOWN that he stayed at his sister's?? i took a break from WS for a few days and must have missed this important tidbit

I have heard speculation here on WS since the day we learned of the burned truck's location and a poster came on and said he had a bio sister in that area. Was that Someguy? It seemed reasonable to think so since he had to have an excuse for being in that area.

This is the first I have seen it as an actual fact.

Sorry I didn't see you post the link and I edited mine to add....
Thank for posting link..... :rocker:

P.S.
I didn't see the 5 pm news so my mistake I saw the news report at 6pm.
I lost track of time and thought it was 5 pm news. Sorry, for my aging brain. LOL

Gosh. Who gets up at 5:30am that doesn't have to go to work?

Wait a minute...

Didn't I read a news story where the insurance company gave him a rental?

BBM...I wasnt implying that he told her what he had done..I frankly still dont beleieve he has truly told anyone what he has done, not completely anyway. My thoughts were that she had surely seen his truck when he came, before it was "stolen and torched"..maybe she saw front end damage consistent with hitting a bike...or maybe she awoke during teh night and realized he was gone...any number of things she may have told if questioned...JMO

In the Gary Ridgeway plea agreement, only victims abducted & murdered in WA were included. Ridgeway, also had victims from Oregon that were not included in the plea agreement.
Unnamed victims of GR are still being locate a decade after his 2001 arrest * conviction/sentencing..
'Keep in mind that we did not have NAMUS and CODIS back in the 1980s when Gary Ridgeway was active..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/green-river-killer-case-gary-ridgway_n_1607685.html

SEATTLE, June 18 (Reuters) - Remains of a woman killed by Gary Ridgway, the "Green River Killer" convicted of killing 49 women, were identified 30 years after she went missing thanks to DNA evidence provided by her family, authorities said on Monday.

Cold case detectives with the King County Sheriff's Department identified the previously unnamed remains of one of Ridgway's victims as Sandra Denise Major, whose body was found in the Mountain View Cemetery in Auburn, Washington, about 30 miles southeast of Seattle on Dec. 30, 1985.

Wait a minute...

Yeah, but that was most likely after he had gotten back to his sister's and discovered it "stolen" and filed a report..I am sure he didnt call them to bring a car to the spot of the burning truck. JMO

Motorcycle makes sense.

He can put that in the truck, burned the truck and ride back in an hour's time.

Wait a minute...

'Yep, that's the $60,000.00 question'.. "How did he get the 30+ miles to his sister's house from the burned truck location"?

enabler/associate; the weak link, imo...

Motorcycle makes sense.

He can put that in the truck, burned the truck and ride back in an hour's time.

I've always wondered if BSL had a motorcycle. I had a motorcycle license in AL at the age of 14. don't know LA's age requirement is. Was thinking about this earlier today when it was brought up about two missing persons when BSL was age 14...
IF bsl had a motorcycle in TX, his sister would have had to have known the stolen truck story was a ruse...
No facts, just thinking out loud..

BBM...I wasnt implying that he told her what he had done..I frankly still dont beleieve he has truly told anyone what he has done, not completely anyway. My thoughts were that she had surely seen his truck when he came, before it was "stolen and torched"..maybe she saw front end damage consistent with hitting a bike...or maybe she awoke during teh night and realized he was gone...any number of things she may have told if questioned...JMO

i see what you mean now. sorry. i was lost because i hadn't heard the news of him staying at the sister's yet. my bad.:whoosh:

I've always wondered if BSL had a motorcycle. I had a motorcycle license in AL at the age of 14. don't know LA's age requirement is. Was thinking about this earlier today when it was brought up about two missing persons when BSL was age 14...
IF bsl had a motorcycle in TX, his sister would have had to have known the stolen truck story was a ruse...

Sound sleeper wouldn't hear anything.

Doesn't say anything about age on the DMV website.

unless he ditched a motorcyle in a dumpster etc closer to her home then walked therst of the way. but then he would have claimed the motorcycle on insurance too by saying it was burned in the back of the truck. so that theory doesn't pan out either.

hitchhiked is the best i can come up with.

He could have picked up a small one somewhere, left it at Sam Houston, retrieved it when he brought the truck there,then ditched it somewhere close to Conroe after he came back and then walked to his sisters. His sister would
not have known otherwise.

Another thought-Being a mechanic I bet he could easily hot-wire a car!

Maybe his sister was the one who needed to get up early for work, and he needed her to witness his "discovery" of the stolen truck.

I am at that age now where I awake around that time every morning, whether I am working or not. Not to give you TMI, but ya know that commercial with the catchy little jingle..."gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now?" Nuff said.

Me! I am a morning person, have been all my life. I get up at or before 5:30 every single day. Even if I stay up late, my eyes pop open, and I am bright eyed and bushy tailed at dawn!

Hubby works in the oilfield. He doesn't have to get up every morning, but he does.....you'd be amazed at the schedule some of these guys keep, and if you work that schedule for a long enough time, it becomes a habit.

My personal opinion is that Brandon would have made sure to wake up early that day if he were the one responsible for his truck disappearing, because he would want it to look like he had not had enough time to drive the truck 40 miles away and get back to sister's home in time for it to have been him.

(That sounds very convoluted. I hope y'all can "unscramble" kgeaux's thoughts here!)

I keep going back to the first news releases about this truck---the first ones "I" heard. The truck had been identified as Brandon's by the time I knew for a fact that the burned truck was indeed Brandon's. Those early reports said the truck had been "stripped."

I've read suppositions that the word "stripped" means that everything was taken out of the truck, seats, etc. I've read other (informal/word-of-mouth) reports that there were extra tires put inside the truck to make it burn longer.....but I haven't read any MSM reports specifying that the seats were indeed removed, or that tires were indeed burned inside his truck.

Any of y'all know anything?

If he had OnStar in his truck, it would show where it was taken. What truck theif drives it right to the place where they are going to torch it? It will be interesting to find out what other stops he made. Also, what was in the toolbox that was so incriminating that he had to burn that too?

He could have walked somewhere after torching the truck and called a cab & had them drop him off away from his sister's house. The walked the rest of the way home. If he paid with cash & it was away from that scene, no one would question it. It would nice to know the kind of area where the truck was found.

That sounds like he would have had to have had an accomplice. Be hard to be in your sister's home and driving the truck away at the same time......Unless someone really did steal the truck. (I don't believe that, BTW)

Hi all! Haven't been on here for awhile, but I've been reading daily.
It makes a lot more sense to me that he had the burning supplies hidden somewhere close to where it was eventually burned. It makes no sense to me that someone stole his truck sometime after 10pm and drove it 40 miles to start a fire on the truck prior to 4am. Why would anybody (randomly) steal a truck just to burn it? Makes lots of sense that BSL needed it burned. And I suspect he did it himself.
I'll bet LE knows now how he got back to his sisters too.
ATV possibly?

Wait a minute...

Okay... I just about busted a gut because when I first read this, I thought it said: "Didn't I read a news story where the insurance company gave him a RECTAL?"

Was at first very confused then laughed out loud.... HE DESERVES MORE THAN A RECTAL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong