New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

Discussion in 'Jennings, Louisiana' started by shadowraiths, Nov 11, 2008.

1. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

New developments in unsolved Jennings murders
    By Lee Peck
    November 11, 2008

Full article: click here

2. Loading...

3. gaia227

gaia227 I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an

It is interesting that the latest girl to go missing was a cousin of one of the victims and a good friend of another. Simply a coincidence or was she targeted?

4. colette

colette Well-Known Member

In a small town of 10,000, it looks like the serial killer is one of them. It's amazing that no one has been caught, since it seems most the victims knew each other. He is hiding in plain sight and knows just where to hide the bodies. They need to find this latest girl while there is still evidence. Thanks, Shadowraiths for the update.

5. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

That's definitely a serial killer at work there. It's surprising they won't involve the FBI. Sounds like a one horse town of which the sheriff's office doesn't have the knowledge or funds to investigate the murders properly.
    If Brittany went missing with a cell phone on her; why wasn't the cell phone pinged?

6. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Do we have a thread for all 6 of these murders together? It's no doubt a serial killer at work.

7. OkGrace

OkGrace New Member

I am amazed, really. Six girls and one disapears who is related to one and friends with another, just does not seem a unrelated.

8. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Active Member

As her mother takes action, she's worried her daughter may be the latest victim in the string of unsolved deaths of Jennings women. She was the cousin of one of the victims as well as a friend to several others, and Brittney had expressed concern to her mother.

"She was scared, she was like you don't know who you can trust anymore, they can be your friend. You just never know," said Brittney's mother Teresa Gary.
    http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9317692&nav=0nqxHmI6

I copied this from the link Shadow posted.
    It made me wonder who else this girl would have expressed this concern to.

9. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

Im glad someone posted this. I live in Lake Charles where most of the news is coming from. Its so sad that they havent caught the guy yet. I hope they find the girl alive but its not looking too good.

10. shadowraiths

shadowraiths LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special Staff Member Moderator

Jennings murder investigation update
    KATC
    November 11, 2008

I tried finding information regarding the aforementioned victims but was unable to find anything on the web, usenet, or in any news paper archives. Given the number of victims per capita (i.e., small town) in the short time-frame (under 3 years), I'm surprised there is so little info out there.

Btw, and as an aside to the person wondering why the FBI isn't involved. The are. From the original article:

11. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

:doh:That was my slight; i forgot i had read about the FBI in the article..
    I wonder if they will find the man and his niece responsible in the other murders as well..

12. shadowraiths

Woman's Body Found in Local Canal
    Posted: September 12, 2008
    Updated: September 29, 2008
    By Britney Glaser

Also see:

13. capoly

capoly New Member

14. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Are they incompetent or what? Obviously it's the work of a serial killer!
    "And although all the dead women used drugs - most commonly, crack cocaine - and sometimes traded sex for drugs, spent time in jail, knew each other and were disposed of in similar ways, authorities hesitate to say a serial killer is responsible for their deaths."
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20081116/NEWS01/811160314

15. mahmoo

mahmoo Active Member

This article has some additional information about these murders http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20081116/NEWS01/811160332&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

From above article (bolding mine):

Patterson was the only official homicide until this year when LaConia "Muggy" Brown, 23, was found in the middle of a gravel road on the city/parish border just hours after she was last seen.

She was doused in bleach but died from what Edwards said was a slit throat. The gravel road leads to a police shooting range, guaranteeing that a police officer would find the body.

16. capoly

capoly New Member

(my bold)

LOL I can't trust myself to post anything more than the news article/url with stories like this as I'm sure any personal comment would get me banned!

7 young women dead in 3 years and "Jefferson Davis officials wonder if they have serial killer". That's cartoonist material.

I know the 7 deaths don't automatically mean it's a serial killer but "wondering" should have kicked in long before now.

AmandaBrown23, It says Brittany had a 5+ block walk from the store to her home. "Blocks" makes me think the area was a populated one....stores and homes etc. Do you know if that's right? Thanks.

17. capoly

capoly New Member

[​IMG]

theadvertiser.com

18. AmandaBrown23

Im pretty sure it was pretty populated. There isnt much open space out in Jennings, its not very big at all. I am so sad to hear that the girl may have been found dead. Her mom was on the news here and it broke my heart. She was crying so hard and she just knew the serial killer got her.

19. AmandaBrown23

What really concerns me is that one of this girls family members was murdered by the serial killer, so if someone picked her up obviously she knew them.

20. mahmoo

mahmoo Active Member

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20081116/NEWS01/811160323

More interesting info from the above link (bolding mine):
    Brittney's cousin, Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez, was the third victim, and her best friend, fourth victim LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, died earlier this year.

A week before Brittney went missing, a serial killer profiler told a private investigator that another girl would be killed before Christmas.

Every one of the victims is connected to the Gary family in some way, and Teresa Gary said they knew all of them. The second victim, Ernesteine Marie Daniel Patterson, was one of Teresa Gary's employees at Wendy's.

The family had returned to Jennings less than a week before Brittney's disappearance after living with family in Houston and Lufkin, Texas, for four months. Her daughter had done drugs in the past, Gary said, but was clean while they lived in Texas.

21. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member