New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

Discussion in 'Jennings, Louisiana' started by shadowraiths, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

I'm late on finding & posting this: Lacie's cause of death was determined in March:
    "Deputies say they could find no signs of a struggle, the body showed no signs of injuries or wounds, and no witness saw or heard anything unusual.....The coroner's autopsy reported concluded the cause of death was drowning, resulting from hypothermia....The autopsy report also noted elevated levels of illegal controlled substances in her body."
    http://www.katc.com/news/coroner-lake-arthur-woman-s-cause-of-death-is-drowning/

sallye818 and boneyard-Peaches like this.

2. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Watched all the videos. Several interesting things in these videos, but one things that really stood out to me was Richard's reaction when the reporter asked about Shiela Commeaux. He obviously didn't see THAT coming, and almost seemed surprised that anyone would have made the connection.

3. Lucysherwood

Lucysherwood New Member

Fear . what if he was targeting the women one by one so he could make her afraid. what if he viewed her as the grand prize. the connection is there they knew each other, or were acquitted in some way. Each death left a scar for his next victim. Each life he took made that fear expand. Making his target easy to take advantage of.

4. Lucysherwood

Lucysherwood New Member

Just read who killed the Jeff Davis eight. Jeff Davis frank Richard first outtake video His eyes seemed a little glazed over. There was a lot of ahhing and quick thinking going on .He hesitated for a spilt second on the first one when asked if anyone else had a secret that they wanted to cover up. His brows were furrowed in most of the time. his eye twitched during certain proportions. To me it seemed like a story he was trying to keep straight.

sallye818 likes this.
  5. Lola

Lola New Member

6. Cajun Snooper

Cajun Snooper New Member

7. Raeyou

Raeyou New Member

I worked with relatives of several of the girls and have always thought it linked. Back to mcelveen..

sallye818 likes this.
  8. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

After 13 years, new leads still developing in unsolved Jeff Davis murders

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story.../jeff-davis-murders-13-years-later/608716002/

9. folieadeuxnola

Jeff Davis 8 victim's brother announces new documentary project

Nearly a decade since the last of eight women was found dead around Jeff Davis Parish, another film crew is reportedly heading to Jennings to document the unsolved homicides.

Whitnei Dubois was the fourth of the victims dubbed the "Jeff Davis 8" found between 2005 and 2009. Her brother, Michael Dubois, has been outspoken about the cases and continues to advocate for justice.

While several television and documentary productions have covered the cases over the years, Dubois believes the complete truth has not been heard.

sallye818 and Hazelnutty like this.
  10. LandryDale

LandryDale New Member

11. folieadeuxnola

Falling Down likes this.
  12. PastTense

PastTense Well-Known Member

Fourteenth anniversary of first “Jeff Davis 8” body discovered

13. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

14. mrz

mrz Well-Known Member

15. Beck1500

Beck1500 New Member

I'm just curious....where and WHY is the FBI not being called in on these cases? They are really just going to allow "small town cops" to solve these cases? Especially when there are several murders involved! Yes, it definitely looks like a HUGE COVER UP IN THE TOWN OF JENNINGS!! and YES law enforcement looks to be a part of it!! Bring in the big boys....where's the FBI??

sallye818, mrz and RyleeAnne like this.
  16. RyleeAnne

RyleeAnne New Member

I just saw the documentary tonight! I believe the original task force (formed AFTER the 7th victim was found) had a couple agents on it. That task force was a complete joke.

I believe one maybe two law enforcement agents were invovled and Frankie Richard & his brother helped with the disposal of bodies. They kept their mouths shut to avoid being hassled. Hmmm...why wasn't brother Billy's camper searched???

Misstlee and mrz like this.
  17. Misstlee

Misstlee Member

I agree with you `100%!! lets bring in the big guys its about time!!!

RyleeAnne likes this.
  18. Kicksave1052

Kicksave1052 Member

I sat through the full four hour series and at the end the case was never solved??? All of these girls had several things in common...drugs and Frankie Richard and his brother. It would be easy to say they were involved in the killings or one of them did it but I believe that law enforcement was involved and the brothers helped with the body dumping. My radar puts it on the current police chief/former drug detective. He had daily contact with all of these girls and probably had Frankie Richard on the payroll. For sure there were other cops involved. This is a downtrodden little town with poor law enforcement and a good ole boy attitude. The Task Force didn't get anywhere because the local law enforcement didn't want it to. The FBI was involved in this Task Force. But who knows...maybe they were compromised too. The drug epidemic in this town is there because law enforcement wants it to be there...they probably keep the drugs flowing into the town. What a depressing story and depressing place...the cycle of drug addiction goes round and round and nothing is done to get these people into rehab and clean up the town. Very sad.

sallye818 likes this.
  19. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

What do you think the motive is?

Another thing that most of the women (if not all) had in common is that they were prostitutes. I wonder why this wasn’t mentioned in the documentary.

sallye818 likes this.
  20. Kicksave1052

Kicksave1052 Member

Yes...they were throwaways to this town...or to the people on the other side of the tracks. I think there was an elaborate chain of drugs and prostitution that involved the police, Frankie Richard and the wealthy men on the other side of Jennings. The women were drug addicts and had no means of making money...except if they were being paid with drugs to have sex. Frankie Richard acted as a pimp/drug dealer and my theory is that the drug detective who is now the police chief was the go between. I'm sure he and other local law enforcement were paid off by the wealthy men who used these women up and then wanted them gone. I look forward to this case getting solved one day and then seeing an HBO drama based on it.

Detective@ likes this.