New England, ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT - Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'Weather' started by raine1212, Jun 4, 2013.

1. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

New England Weather Discusion

2. Loading...

3. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

Where are all the NEnglanders, lol? It is looking like TS Andrea will be coming our way. The weatherman did say that it won't be a TS when it gets here, but we will be getting A LOT of rain - starting tonight through Sat. morning...

4. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Ok, tangentially related to weather lol - Anyone else in NE TIRED of the insane allergy season we seem to be having? Not even the rain has gotten rid of all the pollen here, and there is some nasty white stuff blowing all over making it look like its snowing (and making me sick as a dog!).

And the temps have taken a nose dive... Just got a pool, and now despite having full sun on it, the water turned too cold to go in... :waiting:

5. LunaticFringe

LunaticFringe I know you're out there...

Cottonwood seed is blowing here too.I had to come in from cutting the grass.It sticks to everything.I hate it with a flaming passion.YUCK!

6. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Thank you! I never knew what it was, just little white puffballs... Now I have a name for what I'm complaining about lol!

7. Show Me

Show Me New Member

At this time the cottonwood seeds are so bad its almost as thick as snow!

8. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

I can't be the only one here to complain about the heat, can I?

Anyone else dyin? Can't do anything, too damn hot! :help:

9. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

No your not GL - SWELTERING here in CT...In a house with no AC, no window units, nothin' but a fan...

I am from CA (Bakersfield) and am used to 100+ heat, but with no humidity. It's been downright MISERABLE! It looks like some relief is coming by Sunday...

10. Show Me

Show Me New Member

It's low 90's here and believe you me it's cool compared to last year's triple digit heat wave for weeks. That being said it looks like we may start hitting some freakin' hot weather soon....boy oh boy will I be complaining then! It will be my whine time.

11. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Apparently the Great Lakes folks and us here in New England are expected to get some nasty weather later in the week? A derecho? Never heard of that one yet, will have to look up more about it. Just glancing at the weekend forecast though they're saying our areas could get sideways rain, hail, bad lightning, etc.

I don't care though, if it cools it off, LET IT COME. Like you said, PML, it's the humidity. If it didn't feel like I was walking through water outside, it wouldn't be half so bad. Ugh!

And boy, the weather is giving everyone road rage... Even worse than usual for us "Ma$$hole" drivers! :lol:

12. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

13. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Oh that sounds fun, and its supposed to happen right when I'll be making a three hour drive north to get my daughter from camp. :crazy:

14. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

Just be careful Sat.-Sun. morning....

15. BunnyHop

BunnyHop Former Member

It's 91 inside right now. :scared:

16. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

Sat is when I'm driving. Wonderful. :help:

17. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

It's disgusting, isn't it? My upstairs is so hot right now, walking up the stairs feels like I'm sinking slowly into warm mud. :scared:

18. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

Our house is 2-story too (also with a basement)....DS (15) inhabits the entire upstairs and acts like it's not 110 up there, lol. I told him to come downstairs and sleep, yeah right - with mom and dad???? Luckily he knows about hydration (used to go to the ER due to dehydration, no known reason = just one of his banes) so no worries there. he eats frozen ice pops (Dr. said just like drinking water) like I drink wine :) ....

19. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy

Gardenlady, I can sympathize as we've had excessive heat in Michigan this past week. The heat advisory remains in effect until 8:00 this evening. Severe storms are predicted, and temperatures will drop.

I've basically stayed indoors and out of the high heat and humidity. Just being outdoors long enough to water my flowers is like stepping into a sauna :eek: I ran several errands yesterday, and everyone that I talked to mentioned the excessive heat. I will gladly welcome some relief.

Stay cool :)

20. Gardenlady

Gardenlady New Member

BDE have you had your storms yet? I've been trying to ask my in laws, who are in western MI, but for once of course none of them are on FB lol... :crazy: I don't see anything on radar for us yet.

Thermometer said 99 here at about 1pm, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume we have passed the 100 degree mark at this point. Air is still disgusting, and my pool feels like dirty bath water, yuck.

We need a fainting-from-humidity emoticon. This one will have to do for now: :thud:

21. PMLsmom

PMLsmom Active Member

We have a breeze here in CT GL - so even at 97+ the breeze is making it more bareable (sp) :)