New here and looking for a case to study!

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by RumRed, Feb 24, 2019.

1. RumRed

RumRed New Member

New and happy to be here.

I'm looking for a case to delve into head first. Maybe not a solved case but one that has documentation so I'm not reading a bunch of speculation.
    Prefer it to be a case from the US but doesn't have to be and I'd prefer it to be a case that's somewhat recent (not something before 1990). Any pointers or ideas will be much appreciated.

2. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

Happy to see you on Websleuths. What kind of case are you looking for? Missing person? Murder?

Woofbark and dotr like this.
  3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Welcome RumRed!

I’m usually drawn to cases that are in my home state or areas I am familar. Guess I feel like I might be able to contribute more? Sometimes it a case that just draws me in due to unusual circumstances.

Woofbark and dotr like this.
  4. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

Have you checked out the different forums? You might be interested in "crimes in the news"

Woofbark likes this.
  5. Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby Well-Known Member

The Kelsey Berreth case is a very popular current case with a lot of information in the media thread, including court documents, and there is likely much more to come. However, Websleuths is not the place to avoid speculation!:D

6. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Eleanor Rigby likes this.
  7. Glace Entertainment PR

Glace Entertainment PR Verified Insider Paul Harrod Case

8. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Brittanee Brittanee Brittanee Drexel!!!! There are some very dangerous folks running around that literally have an entire town sewn up and they run a tow company, so every female that comes within an hour is in great danger! WE NEED HELP ON THIS ONE and I firmly believe there are other missing women connected . Thank you for asking!!! and WELCOME :)

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Bolded by me.

Right on! We speculate here, though we only discuss what's been reported in mainstream media (MSM) or released by law enforcement (LE) so it's not crazy talk. But we definitely speculate!

When I'm looking for a new case, I either click on "new posts" to see what people are discussing or I head to WS after reading a news article on the web. I always know WS will have the best info (happens all the time).

Welcome.

Eleanor Rigby likes this.
  10. Woofbark

Woofbark Well-Known Member

One of the most interesting cases to look into would be the Jodi Huisentruit case. Still unsolved since 1995.

11. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. I couldn't pic one for you. What are you "in" for? I do mostly unidentified adult cases, but lose myself sometimes in an older missing persons case. A recent missing person case has totally other dynamics, with Social Media around, you will get use to it. You will find your way. Good luck!

Woofbark likes this.