New Lamborghini Goes From 0-60 in 3 Seconds

Dark Knight

Reaction score
The Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster LP640 is bold, aggressive and powerful. But some practical-minded people may argue that there is hardly any sensible reason to own the $400,000 exotic that: 1) has only two seats, 2) is powered by a 632-bhp and 487-lb.-ft.-of-torque 6.2-liter V-12 engine, and 3) can rocket you from 0-60 mph in just 3.4 seconds, and to a top speed of 205 mph. Plus, where would you be able to experience the car's extreme performance limits in these days of traffic-laden highways?

Well, just throw out your thinking cap and trust what your heart and soul tell you. Driving the low-slung and wide LP640 Roadster is a heart-pounding experience. You may feel guilty about pressing the pedal to the metal for the sole purpose of getting a quick rush of adrenaline. But boy is it fun to hear the deep-throated growl as the engine revs past 5000 rpm — and feel the air rushing above the open top.

On the road, the LP640 Roadster is a movie star, with large numbers of passers-by pointing and looking at this Italian raging bull from Sant'Agata Bolognese. Some will stop and ask you about the car. Some will just give a thumbs-up or a slight nod of approval. But the best is to see the reactions of kids: eyes wide open and mouths agape.Largely unchanged from last year's Murciélago LP640 Coupe styling, the Roadster offers a special bevel-cut window line that adds more sleekness to the exotic. Inside, the seats are snug and the instrument panel is canted toward the driver for better reach. The 6-speed paddle-shift transmission and the traction control take the worry out of trying to master all of the car's massive torque on acceleration at a stoplight.

More at link:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/40/road-test-lamborghini-murcilago-roadster-lp640

provided by:
rt_logo_120x30.gif

You come up with the most interesting facts....... :waitasec:

Dark Knight said:
The Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster LP640 is bold, aggressive and powerful. But some practical-minded people may argue that there is hardly any sensible reason to own the $400,000 exotic that: 1) has only two seats, 2) is powered by a 632-bhp and 487-lb.-ft.-of-torque 6.2-liter V-12 engine, and 3) can rocket you from 0-60 mph in just 3.4 seconds, and to a top speed of 205 mph. Plus, where would you be able to experience the car's extreme performance limits in these days of traffic-laden highways?

Well, just throw out your thinking cap and trust what your heart and soul tell you. Driving the low-slung and wide LP640 Roadster is a heart-pounding experience. You may feel guilty about pressing the pedal to the metal for the sole purpose of getting a quick rush of adrenaline. But boy is it fun to hear the deep-throated growl as the engine revs past 5000 rpm — and feel the air rushing above the open top.

On the road, the LP640 Roadster is a movie star, with large numbers of passers-by pointing and looking at this Italian raging bull from Sant'Agata Bolognese. Some will stop and ask you about the car. Some will just give a thumbs-up or a slight nod of approval. But the best is to see the reactions of kids: eyes wide open and mouths agape.Largely unchanged from last year's Murciélago LP640 Coupe styling, the Roadster offers a special bevel-cut window line that adds more sleekness to the exotic. Inside, the seats are snug and the instrument panel is canted toward the driver for better reach. The 6-speed paddle-shift transmission and the traction control take the worry out of trying to master all of the car's massive torque on acceleration at a stoplight.

More at link:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/40/road-test-lamborghini-murcilago-roadster-lp640

provided by:
rt_logo_120x30.gif

You SO do NOT need one!

Dark Knight said:
I do SO! Think of how much later I could sleep in before work!!!

*GLARES at you*

Think of the roads you must travel to get there! hmph!
LOL, you already drive fast enough.:p
WORSE when certain things are on the radio, of course.
*sigh* MEN!
*throws my hands up in disgust*
ok, not disgust,lol...
:blowkiss:

wuv ya, silly.
GOOD thing those beasts are so pricey,lol....
I CAN picture you in one... my goodness. You'd have
entirely TOO much fun.:p
hmph

ariel7 said:
*GLARES at you*

Think of the roads you must travel to get there! hmph!
LOL, you already drive fast enough.:p
WORSE when certain things are on the radio, of course.
*sigh* MEN!
*throws my hands up in disgust*
ok, not disgust,lol...
:blowkiss:

wuv ya, silly.
GOOD thing those beasts are so pricey,lol....
I CAN picture you in one... my goodness. You'd have
entirely TOO much fun.:p
hmph
Well, Corvette's go nearly as fast and are far cheaper! *runs for my life*

Dark Knight said:
Well, Corvette's go nearly as fast and are far cheaper! *runs for my life*

*SIGH*

I LOVE vettes!!!! Always have... but *looks at u curiously*
What ARE you thinking????

*I* am thinking that's an awfully expensive way to shave
time off of your drive to work!!!!
And, can't you see going through the drifts in one?
:crazy:

That's a beautiful car, DK.

My dream car is a Ferrari. I remember one day when I was tooling around West L.A., I must've seen a dozen Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and no, I wasn't seeing the same cars over and over again. :p They're a sight to behold!
icon14.gif
Beautiful!
icon14.gif
If I couldn't quite afford a Ferrari, but had $90,000 burning a hole in my pocket, I would buy a Porsche. :dance:

0-60 in 3 seconds? This thread should have been in Crimes In The News. ;)

The thing I don't like about Lamborghinis and Ferraris is they're so flat and wide. That combined with their fast zero-to-whatever, makes them hard to avoid -literally- in traffic. One year we drove down to Monaco for the Formula One race there, and those cars were all over the area. I had to brake hard several times, because the idiots driving them would squeeze in everywhere. And they didn't seem to realize how wide they were, so that made it a game of 'dodge the Ferrari/Lamborghini' even more. I'm used to being in traffic - I think driving through downtown Atlanta is fun - but after that experience, I'm not so fond of those cars and their owners (drivers) anymore. :snooty:

JanetElaine said:
0-60 in 3 seconds? This thread should have been in Crimes In The News. ;)

The thing I don't like about Lamborghinis and Ferraris is they're so flat and wide. That combined with their fast zero-to-whatever, makes them hard to avoid -literally- in traffic. One year we drove down to Monaco for the Formula One race there, and those cars were all over the area. I had to brake hard several times, because the idiots driving them would squeeze in everywhere. And they didn't seem to realize how wide they were, so that made it a game of 'dodge the Ferrari/Lamborghini' even more. I'm used to being in traffic - I think driving through downtown Atlanta is fun - but after that experience, I'm not so fond of those cars and their owners (drivers) anymore. :snooty:
The drivers visibility in both vehicles is absolutely horrendous! That's been a complaint about them forever. You just can't see out of them! When you're going that fast, you should be able to see WELL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back