PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

New leads in search for missing baby Lisa Irwin

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by voxrock2000, Jan 4, 2012.

1. voxrock2000

voxrock2000 Inactive

So what do you think the possible leads could be reported in this news story?

http://m.kctv5.com/w/main/story/50377089/

Kansas City attorney for Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, the baby's father, said Tuesday that there is new information in the search for the baby whose first birthday was in November.

The family's local attorney, John Picerno, said investigators have several new leads and said one is very promising.

The attorney said both the FBI and Kansas City police have this information. He declined to elaborate or provide additional details.

2. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

Smoke and mirrors is my guess. And that's putting it nicely.

3. askfornina

askfornina New Member

I can't speculate on this. I'm not ready to call it "spin" and I'm not ready to call it a "promising lead". It's nothing right now, because I don't know the details.

4. annalia

annalia New Member

I was excited when I saw the title hoping that LE found something, then saw it was from the attorney and it quickly deflated.

I hope they do have new leads but I'm taking it with a grain of salt right now until it comes from LE.

5. cityslick

cityslick New Member

The problem with any news like this is you are only going to get this info from attorneys because LE has made a point not to announce things like this since this case began. So who else are you going to hear 'a new lead' info from?

It may be BS, although honestly if it is I'm not sure why they would go out of their way to say something to MSM. The case has been quiet, it's not on national news anymore, why say something to put the case (and your clients) back 'out there' in the public eye?

6. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

Because maybe LE was starting to look at your client(s) again, and you need to deflect the heat? MOO.

7. ExpectingUnicorns

ExpectingUnicorns . . . only the pure of heart can see.

Details, we need details, please. :waiting:

Meanwhile, where is Baby Lisa?

8. believe09

believe09 Active Member

That is tremendous news-I pray she is finally brought home.

9. annalia

annalia New Member

Possibly the same reason JT said things like there were great leads like a man coming out of the woods holding a baby, and LE needed to follow up on that and leave his clients alone? When the truth was there were no woods. Deflection?

Not saying this is the case here but it is a strong possibility. And the way it's phrased leads me to believe that this was information given to LE not information due to LE investigating and uncovering evidence. I hope it's true and this will lead to baby Lisa.

10. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

So....we will be :waiting: for weeks to find out nothing, right?
    I wish with all my heart that there are actually several leads and more than anything I wish one was solid and would bring Lisa home, but sadly I just don't think it's going to happen. It's safe to say I won't be holding my breath but I will be checking this thread often with hopeful anticipation all the same.

11. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked Karma is a beautiful thing ~

So, I guess that if the parents (through their attorneys) say about once every 3 months that there is a "promising lead," that will keep the heat off of them longer until eventually it is a cold case? Pathetic...and makes my stomach turn!

12. Evan's Mom

Evan's Mom Active Member

I'm going to hold out for something good and hope this new lead will bring Lisa home in the next few months. Until I see "spin" about the new lead, I'll reserve judgement on something I have no clue about.

13. DeAnn

DeAnn New Member

14. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

I think this new lead is bull but I think it was put out there for the public, not for LE. LE has their theory, and I don't think a vague statement by a lawyer is going to make them feel a certain way. I think it was intended for the public to read, and to try to sway them in the other direction.

15. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

16. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked Karma is a beautiful thing ~

Totally agree! It's CYA for them. How many words are there for "pathetic?"

17. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

I wonder if the "new lead" might have been in response to JVM's year-end news review of high profile cases and their current status. I didn't watch all of the shows but know that she included Lisa Irwin in one of them. It might be in transcripts for Issues on HLN.

18. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

In other words there aren't any new leads...certainly not "several new leads" and most certainly not "one very promising lead." Just as I suspected, a load of CYA ala BS!

19. DeAnn

DeAnn New Member

FBI is also declining comment on Picerno's comments.

The new news is the rumor that homicide detectives had taken over the case from Crimes Against Children detectives is false.

20. dog.gone.cute

dog.gone.cute Kyron Horman - Missing Since 6-4-10

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ...

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ...

BBM: :rocker: I totally agree ... yep, every 3 months, they will say there is some sort of "new lead" to deflect FROM DB and JI ... and point to SODDI ...

:rocker: Yep ... a CYA "BIG TIME" ...

MOO ...