NEW New Namus public site no longer posts DNA or dental information?

If you send me the MP or UID I will acquire the list out of NAMUS for yall ... I do not like leaving my international friends out that have contributed so much to many of the MP's and UID's threads.

Thank you! I might be a little late for this discussion, but this pretty much sums up what I love about Websleuths: People coming together and helping each other out for the greater good :)

Let me hasten to add, the favour goes the other way, too! Many of us outside the US, are bi- or multilingual, have various ethnic and cultural backgrounds (just to mention a few), and will be more than happy to translate or assist in any other way.

What's the logic behind not knowing if DNA was collected or not?
There is no logic.
The goose chase just became bigger.

I sort of wonder if it was because people like us had stopped submitting possible matches if both had DNA on file. Some of our members were told that anyone with DNA should have been auto-matched but now I wonder if that wasn't quite accurate or true. Or perhaps they want submissions of possible matches even if both files have DNA. Because that is what has essentially happened-- we have no way of knowing if the person has been ruled out unless they are on the exclusions list. Submissions will be made even if they both have DNA and hopefully those submissions will get put on the official exclusions list. More work for the volunteers. And as you said a bigger goose chase. But perhaps at least there will be a greater number of official exclusions? And hopefully less repeated submissions? That's the only thing I can figure... Or maybe they don't want citizens to try to help solve the cases at all and only want LE sources to work on it/have the info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back