New Osama Bin Tape

What impresses me is that we have not SEEN Bin Laden for years, just heard his voice. There can only be two reasons: the person speaking is an impersonator because the real Osama was killed during the initial attack on Afghanistan, or that he was so badly maimed during the attack that he looks more like a Pez dispenser than a human being, and would not instill confidence in his followers and other sympathizers.

And, yeah, I think our society has almost talked itself into thinking 9/11 was a TV movie. The last time we were this celebrity gossip crazy and completely fixated on Crap That Doesn't Matter, look what happened.

Just keep in mind that from their perspective, a truce with a non-Muslim is no truce at all.

BillyGoatGruff said:
What impresses me is that we have not SEEN Bin Laden for years, just heard his voice. There can only be two reasons: the person speaking is an impersonator because the real Osama was killed during the initial attack on Afghanistan, or that he was so badly maimed during the attack that he looks more like a Pez dispenser than a human being, and would not instill confidence in his followers and other sympathizers.

And, yeah, I think our society has almost talked itself into thinking 9/11 was a TV movie. The last time we were this celebrity gossip crazy and completely fixated on Crap That Doesn't Matter, look what happened.
I agree with everything you said:blowkiss:

I rushed through the thread and didn't see this anywhere, if I'm repeating, please forgive and delete:

The transcript from CBS.com of what Bin Laden said, if it's him:

The message of mine to you is about the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and how to end it.

I did not have the intention to speak to you about this issue, because it is a forgone conclusion to us. Iron is only blunted with iron. Our situation is with the grace of Allah from good to better and your situation is the opposite of this.

However, what prompted me to speak is the repeated deceptions of your president Bush.

In respect of his comment on the opinion polls in America, which alluded to the fact that the overwhelming majority amongst you are in favor of withdrawing the troops from Iraq. However, he objected to this wish and said that the withdrawal of troops would send the wrong message to the enemies … and that it would be better to fight them in their own lands, rather than to have them fight us on our own lands.

And in my response to these deceptions I say: Indeed the war in Iraq is ablaze relentlessly and the operations in Afghanistan are on constant escalation in our favor, with the grace of Allah. The figures released by the Pentagon indicate an increase in the number of your dead and injured, in addition to the tremendous material losses.

Just to reiterate, I say: the result of the survey does satisfy the wise people; and the objection of Bush to them is wrong.

Anyone can testify that the war against America and her allies is no longer confined to Iraq as he claims. Iraq has rather become a point of preparation and mobilization of the qualified capabilities.

On the other hand, the Mujahideen have with the grace of Allah succeeded in breaking through all the security measures undertaken by the transgressing nations time after time, and the evidence for this is what you saw in terms of explosions in the most important capitals of the countries within this belligerent alliance.

As for the delay in carrying out similar operations in America, this was not because of a failure in breaking through your security measures. The operations are being prepared and you will see them in your own backyard as soon as they are ready with the leave of Allah.

Jeana (DP) said:
There are 100 waiting to take his place. We need to be vigilent always and unfortunately our children will never know the relative security and freedom that we had, but America is still be best country on the planet (IMO). :woohoo:
that is why they hate us...hehe i like canada.. i wouldn't mind living there if i didn't live here..

BillyGoatGruff said:

CIA Confirms It's Bin Laden on Audiotape

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Jazeera on Thursday aired an audiotape from Osama bin Laden, who says al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offers a truce on "fair" but undefined conditions. The CIA has authenticated the voice on the tape as that of bin Laden, an agency official said

http://tinyurl.com/7ncje

Over the last few weeks I read a couple of articles in the ajc.com that the FBI and Homeland Security were looking into reports of a man that was approaching truckers in Georgia and Florida. He was the same man according to the truckers description and he was inquiring about the big rigs and fuel usage etc. Said he was considering buying one or some other ruse.

An alert was issued over the trucker network to report if he was spotted again. I wish I had the article but something about it got me nervous. I remember early on after 9-11 this type of attack was discussed. Security would be almost impossible due the nature of our highways and the freedom we all have to use them.

ETA: I found an article at CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/12/trucker.lookout/

close_enough said:
ok, i'm going to dismiss this as a stupid question...off to get some errands done & see Brokeback Mountain...might even slip in Memoirs of a Geisha :D

It's not a stupid question. i've been trying to work it out. the nearest i can come to an answer, so far, is it's a partial truce in iraq and afghanistan. altho, to be honest, i'm not sure where that leaves the west. if i were to b really raw in this really raw situation, i'd say that leaves us b*mf*** nowhere. but i won't. :(

i'm awaiting something to 'happen' of blastworthy degrees here in Hamburg. it will. i'm sure. :(

i care very much what may befall america quite apart from the fact all my family live there.

and to be even more subjective than family worries, i'll be there for 3 weeks in June this year . . . .

Las Vegas, i would imagine, would be a prime target.

the really odd thing is i'll be aiming to go to see 130 year anniversary of Custer's Last Stand at Little Big Horn. i don't want to be around a 'last stand' of al quaida. :(

Floh said:
It's not a stupid question. i've been trying to work it out. the nearest i can come to an answer, so far, is it's a partial truce in iraq and afghanistan. altho, to be honest, i'm not sure where that leaves the west.

i'm awaiting something to 'happen' of blastworthy degrees here in Hamburg. it will. i'm sure. :(

i care very much what may befall america as all my family live there.

and to be even more subjective than family worries, i'll be there for 3 weeks in June this year . . . .

the really odd thing is i'll be aiming to go to see 130 year anniversary of Custer's Last Stand at Little Big Horn. i don't want to be around a 'last stand' of al quaida. :(

Not Las Vegas, there is a lot of security there, and I don't believe an attack in Las Vegas, would make nearly the impression, that an attack at a mall, in mid-America, would make.

When Al Qaeda launches attacks in America, I think they will go after the softest targets, that will make the greatest impression. It is virtually impossible to secure all of the sites that could be targets, regardless of how much security we have. In addition, if we have to spend so much for security, the cost of living is definitely going to go up. They say that 40% of the money spent in Iraq, on reconstruction, is spent for security.

The truck issue has been around ever since Sept 11th. I have a friend, who manages a fleet of gasoline tanker trucks, and they were on heightened alert within a few months of Sept. 11th, but even they realize what they are dealing with, and that there is only so much they can do, and that doesn't include armed guards chauffeuring their trucks around..

Yawn... Of course they're trying to hit us - they have been ever since 9/11. Nice try at saving face and pretending they're just needing time, but the security is no doubt making things more difficult.

The 'truce' is just an attempt at blackmail - "Stay out of our muslim countries, leave us alone there (to conquer them and build up power), and maybe we'll stop bombing you (until we get nice and entrenched in our new fiefdoms)." - That's not a truce, it's an attempt to get us to give up out of fear of terrorism. It's what they've always been doing, they just spelled it out this time.

It's not a coincidence that they haven't managed a really major hit since 9/11 - the world changed that day. People found out about these terrorists, what they will do, and their chances of hijacking a plane and having the passengers cooperate at all went away. The woke up the giant - not one country, but the entire world.

BillyGoatGruff said:

lol, i hadn't thought about that; you could be right.....i honestly think he's dead, though...i just don't know..

BillyGoatGruff said:

(meant to comment on this in the last post)....you're right

PaperDoll said:
that is why they hate us...hehe i like canada.. i wouldn't mind living there if i didn't live here..

i've never been to Canada, but have a dear friend there..i'm going to get up there within the next 2 years...it's a goal:)

made it to 2 other "goals"..NYC & Vegas...Canada will be next..

Floh said:
It's not a stupid question. i've been trying to work it out. the nearest i can come to an answer, so far, is it's a partial truce in iraq and afghanistan. altho, to be honest, i'm not sure where that leaves the west. if i were to b really raw in this really raw situation, i'd say that leaves us b*mf*** nowhere. but i won't. :(

i care very much what may befall america quite apart from the fact all my family live there.

thanks Floh....

i certainly understand your worry....my Daddy & i flew to Vegas in early August...even though i was completely thrilled, "something happening" crossed my mind a couple of times...you'll love Vegas, if you've never been..

your last paragraph made me think "yikes!"..that's a creepy thing to think about....

Buzzm1 said:
Not Las Vegas, there is a lot of security there, and I don't believe an attack in Las Vegas, would make nearly the impression, that an attack at a mall, in mid-America, would make...

as far as airport security in Vegas, you got that right!!!...when they say get to the airport 2 hours early, they mean it...

concernedperson said:
Over the last few weeks I read a couple of articles in the ajc.com that the FBI and Homeland Security were looking into reports of a man that was approaching truckers in Georgia and Florida. He was the same man according to the truckers description and he was inquiring about the big rigs and fuel usage etc. Said he was considering buying one or some other ruse.

An alert was issued over the trucker network to report if he was spotted again. I wish I had the article but something about it got me nervous. I remember early on after 9-11 this type of attack was discussed. Security would be almost impossible due the nature of our highways and the freedom we all have to use them.

the article made me nervous also, CP..

concernedperson said:

Thanks for the article...I am in the trucking business. I would love to read the ajc articles, I am in metro Atlanta, but, I can't find them on ajc.com...do you have the links by chance?

absolut, interesting how you got your translation and I got mine and they are similiar, but not the same....the translation you posted is more interesting to read...thanks for posting.

What stuck me like a slap in the face is how closely Osama's comments mirrored and, in fact, could have been written by our Democratic leaders. The same leaders that sensed a lull in support for the war and pounced. They sold our Country out and undermined our ability to deal with continued threats like Iran and North Korea. If you want a list, I will detail it showing Osama's comments right along side our illustrious Democratic leaders. This is shameful folks....used to be the parties would disagree but the party in weakness would ultimately vote in favor of our Country's best interest. Not any more.

Bottom line, there are sleeper cells of Al Quada in the United States. There are ample resources on the web that tells someone how to build a pipe bomb or a bomb like the OK City bomb. On any given day, they could walk into McDonalds, schools, large bus/train stations, malls or anywhere else and detonate. They could also form two man sniper teams in every major city THIS AFTERNOON and start reaking havoc.

The only thing Osama said that was true (I think the tape, if real, was old....possibly from last fall) is that they could attack us at will on our soil. But Al Quada tends to escallate attacks in scope. Killing 10 kids in a daycare somewhere in Spokane Washington wouldn't garner the effect they want. The next attack, I would think will be larger than 9/11.

Cal

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011