New Pedo Trap Show On Dateline

T-Rex said:
I went to that website one night, and I found it kind of disturbing. Some of the guys were a-holes--no doubt. But this felt like entrapment. When you convince someone to commit a crime they wouldn't have otherwise committed. A lot of the guys were not THAT far from the girls in age. They were really conflicted about corresponding. What I got from that, was that some of them were thinking, "Wow, she's a real freak. Girls today must grow up fast." Because what the typists were representing wasn't an 11-year-old, but a guy's version of a complient whatever-year-old.
Perverted Justice doesn't contact these dodos first. They sit in juvenile-oriented chats, supposedly reserved for teens and pre-teens only, with no sexual content, and these pervs come up to THEM and initiate the conversation. What's up with these men that they are doing the equivalent of loitering at Chucky Cheese or the neighborhood playground, talking to children they don't know? And I find it super-creepy that these guys are responding in such a explicitly sexual manner to the profiles, where PJ uses pics of kids that look young/immature , as opposed to kids trying to imitate Gwen Stefani,Brittany Spears, Nick Carter, or Ashton Kutcher. That tells you exactly what their intentions are.

LOS ANGELES - School officials say they are upset because they were not immediately informed that a Riverside County teacher was arrested this month in an Internet sex sting. Riverside County authorities said the sting, in which undercover officers posed as minors, was set up by perverted-justice.com. Authorities said the suspects arrested in the sting thought they were meeting boys and girls online and arranging meetings with them at a Mira Loma house.
The arrests will be featured on an upcoming episode of "Dateline NBC." Riverside County authorities arrested the suspects, including 43-year-old math teacher Walter Edward Babst of Corona, after they arrived at the meeting place.

Entire post at:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10951101/

Tom'sGirl said:
LOS ANGELES - School officials say they are upset because they were not immediately informed that a Riverside County teacher was arrested this month in an Internet sex sting. Riverside County authorities said the sting, in which undercover officers posed as minors, was set up by perverted-justice.com. Authorities said the suspects arrested in the sting thought they were meeting boys and girls online and arranging meetings with them at a Mira Loma house.
The arrests will be featured on an upcoming episode of "Dateline NBC." Riverside County authorities arrested the suspects, including 43-year-old math teacher Walter Edward Babst of Corona, after they arrived at the meeting place.

Entire post at:

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10951101/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10951101/[/url]
Well, I'm betting he ain't working there now.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Well, I'm betting he ain't working there now.
Well the school district he works/worked for is really pizzed off and I don't blame them.

It's not the first time Riverside LE has dropped the ball, they did it in another case also until they were notified by an out of state LE and that involved a murder of a child.

Just a reminder - this show is on tonight! 2 hour special starting at 8:00 pm Central.

I just saw a preview showing one of the perverts... and he is (was) an investigator for the Department of Homeland Security.

What might make this idea a really good reality show would be to let the peds just go ahead on and leave the house without knowing that a lynch mob of civilians is out there to hunt him down and kill him. What would make this interesting is that the cops would also be hunting the ped down to save his sorry azz (with an occasional "dirty" cop in the bunch. I'd watch this!!!!

I saw the first Dateline they did over a year ago on this, and then watched the second one this fall. I started reading up on The PJ website & I too was disgusted with what was there. These "men" preying upon kids were beyond belief. Then I saw a conversation with a school administrator from my home state (RI) - he ended up being prosecuted & convicted. The moron was even bold enough to say he worked in a school!!!

The internet is the Wild West, and sometimes vigilante justice is the only thing available in the beginning. I believe once the rest of the world catches up, LE will be more effective. Until then - go for it PJ - they are saving many innocent victims by exposing these vile criminals - no matter how it's accomplished.

My 13 year old daughters Language Arts teacher is giving extra credit to her students who watch this with their parents and give a report on it. I am watching it right now with my daughter. It has been a great discussion opener with her. She has been shocked at how many men show up at the house and how old most of them are. I am very lucky that she hasn't wanted to get involved with MySpace or any online chat rooms. I closely monitor what she does on the internet.

I think that what her teacher is doing is great and all parents of teenagers should watch this with their kids to make them aware of the perverts that are out there!

I'm literally shaking watching this show. These filthy pigs. They need to be whipped the minute they walk back outside. Absolutely disgusting. I hope they continue with these stings and get these filthy pieces of pond scum off the streets. Our precious little children being victimized by these scumbags. I'm so angry right now, it's beyond words. Thank god for Dateline.

At least 3 of the guys who showed up were Registered Sex Offenders, one of which did time for rape, and another one had at least 4/5 victims on his rap sheet. Another guy who showed up had a conviction for stalking/terroristic threats and more-or-less threatened the camera crew/reporter with physical violence, and another had done time for manslaughter. Of the 50(!) arrested, it seemed to be split equally between those showing up looking to have sex with 12-14 year old girls and 12-14 year old boys.

.....just imagine how many predators there are. It is mind boggling once you start to think about it.

They had so many predators showing up, they had a hard time keeping up with them, and that was only in that one area. Just think if they ran a sting like that throughout the U.S.. There aren't enough prisons in the world to house all of these guys, and remember this is just one area (although not a small one) of criminal behavior. I think it is just indicative as to how many criminals are walking around, when they should rightfully be in prison. By the way, a statistic for you; the U.S. has 25% of the total prison population in the world, and we have less than 5% of the world's population. Of course it wasn't that many years ago that we consumed 65% of the world's drugs; I don't know what that statistic is now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back