New Search 9/12/2011

Discussion in 'Susan Cox Powell' started by jmarple, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLT88

DLT88 Active Member

I hope it is her body because when Josh is brought to justice and her children are put in safer hands, her soul can finally rest.

2. Drama Queen

Drama Queen New Member

BBM
    I believe that "recent" means, in this case, that the site was disturbed within 10 years, which would fit within the time that SP went missing. Any timeframe beyond 10 years could mean that the remains are that of a pioneer, native american, asian (there was an internment camp nearby from what I understand) or it could some other person who has been missing for a very, very long time.
    I hope that this is helpful. I am not an expert but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)
    Like you, I hope that this find will be of some help to the family of SP. I also pray for the children's safety.
    Take care,
    DQ

3. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Yes very helpful. Thank you for replying.

4. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

5. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Odd description for disturbed dirt-

6. anyoldtime48

anyoldtime48 New Member

This has probably been posted recently, but worth repeating every couple pages. Live feed, and as of this moment, they are up at the "grave" site.

http://www.fox13now.com/live/

7. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

If this dirt was recently overturned, and IF police did get a tip to check this site, could someone have accidentally stumbled upon these remains? Did someone already possibly contaminate the site by accident; and then call police when they realized it was human remains? Could this person have already verified it was female (by clothing) and have been following Susan's case? OR, is the "recently" disturbed only meaning within the last 10 years as LE in the presser tried to indicate?? So many questions! I will be staying tuned over the next couple of days for certain! This case has been under my skin from day 1. I pray for Susan, her boys, and her parents daily. Justice cannot come soon enough!

8. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

I wonder what evidence they got that made them search there. Does anyone know?

9. Taminator

Taminator I'll be back

I am bummed! I have to leave for work in a few minutes and I don't want to go!!! I am not going to be able to get Susan off my mind while I'm gone, but I will check in before I go to bed! I'm sure this thread will be many more pages long by then!

10. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

11. Drama Queen

Drama Queen New Member

Thank you for the link Dr.
    That article is very informative and the most recent information I have found.

I was not aware, yet, that the two new cadaver dogs brought into the area today also confirmed that these are the remains of a human being.
    I guess the ME will have to get out of the office and into the field. Someone has to do it. If it were me, I would have been there yesterday. But, I digress.

12. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

atecarlisle Nate Carlisle
    WVCPD Lt. says shoveled about 1 foot deep and 2 feet wide as of 4:50 p.m. Dogs have smelled as deep as 12 feet before. #findSusan
    5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply ยป

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
    Excavation of site has begun but no human remains found yet, WVCPD lieutenant says. He says dogs still indicating, though. #findSusan

ETA so what did they look at today? confused?

13. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

I don't know if she (ME) will be allowed. BLM land = FEDERAL. Feds have to make that decision. The State of Utah will take a back seat, IMO.

Remember ... OKC bombing = A.P. Murrah Bldg = Federal case. Moved trial out of OK to CO to try the case.

IF this is Susan, would be good to get THIS case out of Utah, JMO.

14. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

Anybody know if Josh went on this most recent camping trip before or after this tip came in and this new search began?

15. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

BBM
    I have been focusing on other things to keep my mind off of what will be a sad conclusion, Susan or not; I won't let myself follow gut feelings in this. That said, my nerves are shot since yesterday afternoon when the first info came out about remains. When I get nervous I cook, though I'm too nervous to eat anything. Today I have roasted a turkey[named him josh], made ALL of the side dishes plus rolls, a sweet potato pie and apple pie plus brownies and chocolate cake. Fortunately, when fam&friends find out your cooking they volunteer to come over. :)

The one thing is that there is a feeling of Peace. I so want Peace for the Coxes.

16. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Ah, so maybe they haven't actually found anything, other than disturbed ground, and a hit from the dogs.

17. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

Huh? They haven't even found bones yet??

18. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

Good point. "We" go by media/sources/twitter and "we" don't know, yet. jmo

19. Kimbreeley

Kimbreeley Member

From the way I understood it, they found the bones earlier - now the dogs have hit on a separate site - that's what I was gathering anyway :)

20. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

BBM :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.