New Search 9/12/2011

Discussion in 'Susan Cox Powell' started by jmarple, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

Actually the presser had LE saying that human "remains" HAVE been found. I do not think that he would make such a claim if they were not already certain that it was remains that were found. They did find the remains using dogs; but not just MSM saying remains.

2. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

I think this is what he was talking about in the press conference when he said, "(taking the other two dogs up there) will make sense when you know the whole story." (Paraphrased, a little.)

I bet they found disturbed ground, and they had five dogs confirm, separately, that the disturbed ground had human remains under it.

I bet they haven't actually SEEN anything, other than that. The BLM people came out today, not to look at actual bones, but to look at the disturbed ground, and to give their opinion that it wasn't an ancient grave.

Now they're digging, looking for whatever it is under the disturbed ground. They are two feet, at this point, and they have no idea how deep they'll have to go before they find something - whatever it is that five (and maybe seven) dogs found.

That's my guess, anyway.

3. pferrin

pferrin New Member

snipped
    I worry about jinxing too. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

4. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

JVM: guy from LE says they have found human remains.

Me: Whether they have seen them I guess remains to be known.

5. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Yeah, but have they actually said "bones?" Or is that just something the press said, and it took a life of its own?

Today, he was really careful about the "bones"/"human remains" distinction.

6. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

He said the cadaver dogs had indicated in a location with "upturned soil."

"We’re hoping it’s a really good lead for us," Nielsen said. "There is some information we received lately that says they were out here."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52591212-78/powell-police-remains-susan.html.csp

Perhaps from the search warrant a few weeks ago?

7. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

BBM

OK....somebody would have had to help jp then, digging that much he would get his hands dirty and I can't imagine that he EVER had a callous on his hand.

8. DLT88

DLT88 Active Member

I'm confused, too? So they've been looking at an area where the dogs smell human remains but they haven't actually SEEN any remains at all with their eyes???? Huh??

9. Kimbreeley

Kimbreeley Member

That's true, too.

10. Drama Queen

Drama Queen New Member

BBM: I agree and I appreciate the information about the Feds needing to authorize the ME to go on the property.

I have always needed to be reminded that speculating or assuming is not helpful.

You were. Merci Beaucoup!

11. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

JVM just had a little blip with a recording showing LE saying they have found human remains. Then a short interview with Susan's friend saying she was anxious to find out if it's Susan or not.

JVM said they will cover Susan Powell on NG tonight.

12. DLT88

DLT88 Active Member

He probably had a shovel with him that he dropped in a mine or something afterwards??? I don't know. He must have dug with some instrument other than his hands.

If they are just digging now, it is quite possible that once they actually get to the remains, there might be quite a lot there to tell them who this is as the body will still have clothing on it, teeth, etc.

13. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

You're absolutely right about that. I wonder how that would work. Because it's on federal land (if, for argument's sake, it's her), could they do this in federal court?

Utah has the death penalty, and they use it (even though it takes forever, like everywhere but Texas).

14. mrsu

mrsu Well-Known Member

Why would they need to call in an anthropologist if they haven't seen bones yet? I'm assuming they have and that's how they know it's recent (in the last 10 years). If not, how would the anthro. know that it was recent from just looking at the soil.

15. DomCasual

DomCasual Member

Hmm. I don't know. That's a good question.

Darn. I need a helicopter, to go see what they're doing!

16. Drama Queen

Drama Queen New Member

BBM:
    :floorlaugh: "Today I have roasted turkey (named him JOSH)"

It is always good to name your food for people you are angry with. You can chew, nosh, and grind them into a pulp and not be charged with any crime. Feels good huh?

17. HotLavaJavas

HotLavaJavas New Member

I'm not sure about the court, but murder is generally a state charge unless you kill a federal employee like in OKC. And then, I believe the punishment can only be as severe as the laws in which the crime was committed will allow.

18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

The article may kind of explain why she wouldn't be rushing out there. the excavation would likely take several hours and they need daylight. Maybe that's why she would wait? I don't know.

WTH? So they believe it to be remains because of the cadaver dog hits but have nothing yet? I really don't know what to think of these investigators. First the bizarre media trip to various mines and now this. It just must all be a ploy to see how josh reacts and how he is affected. They must have FBI profilers working on the case and telling them what to do to get him to further implicate himself or give off a clue as to her whereabouts. Otherwise, none of it makes sense to me.

But if they have nothing yet, how do they know the remains are less than 10 years old? By the surrounding grave? So confusing.

19. belimom

belimom Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn

I don't know if this clarifies anything about the 'remains' or makes it even more confusing (bbm):

20. Jacie Estes

Jacie Estes Medical Marijuana Advocate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.