New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think I'm crazy, but when I heard about the latest search I got this weird feeling that today would be the day they would find something significant.

If it's not Susan (though I'm convinced it will be) then someone else is missing a loved one. So, I hope this brings at least one family's mystery to a close. I honestly feel there is no closure when someone you love is taken so violently, but at least answers, a proper burial, and a memorial will be able to help in the healing process.

BeanE:

WGEM WGEM News
UPDATE: Skeletal remains found in Pike County, Ill. rest area are human, Sheriff's Department says. bit.ly/rejSLX
5 minutes ago

Wow, this could be several women. Thanks for the info.

Do you mean it might be any one of several, not several bodies in one place? Just making sure I understand!

@Kiirs
Kiirsi Hellewell
Utah media reporting WVPD has found human bones. Feeling very emotional right now. #findsusan
20 minutes ago

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
The Juab Co. Sheriff will take the remains. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

abc4 talking about how bad the storm was the weekend Susan went missing.

Reporter on scene saying area blocked off. 45 mins ago human remains found through cadaver dogs. Several dogs made the hit. Will not say whether bones buried etc.

This shouldn't have been reported until they took those boys... if they really think it's her.
If there is hair and it matches her physical description, they should have gone to a judge and told them that and said that they are concerned he will hurt the boys... and gotten an emergency order to remove them.

I think this should have been kept quiet until they were able to remove the boys. If that meant bringing the ME in undercover, then do it.
Stick him in a West Valley cruiser and a West Valley uniform and bring him in. Move the media to another "search area."
There are ways to do all of this without raising suspicion.

I don't see him as the type to go to prison... or let anyone raise those boys.
If he knows it is her... then he knows they found her... he knows the clock is ticking.
He might take off.... but he also might just make the body count 4.

I certainly hope this ends well...

Whoever these remains are, hopefully it ends the not knowing for some family. I'm hopeful it's Susan.

Next I want them to find Stacy Peterson.

Wow, I have not been paying attention to this search for fear of disappointment--I'm adding my voice to please please please let them have found her!

This shouldn't have been reported until they took those boys... if they really think it's her.

I'm with you on this. At the least, put an undercover outside JP's house (if they haven't already).

I don't have a link but our channel 5 is talking to Chuck Cox. He said he was told last night they would be searching this area.
It's KSL

REPORT: Search For Susan Powell In Utah Turns Up Human Remains

Police searching for signs of Susan Cox Powell in a remote area of Utah have
found human remains, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

MORE DETAILS: www.kirotv.com/tu/61HvLTZM2.html

Do you mean it might be any one of several, not several bodies in one place? Just making sure I understand!

You are correct, and thanks for clearing it up. I left out a word, my bad.

http://www.wgem.com/story/15463669/update-bones-found-in-pike-county-rest-area-are-human-remains

The remains were a few skeletal pieces and they could not tell the age, or sex of who they belong to. Its going to be a DNA determination.

"Officers initially responded Saturday night to a report of a suspicious item found along the river near the rest area. Something resembling a makeshift cross was also recovered at the scene."

Creepy....

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52582781-78/powell-search-police-merritt.html.csp

Police have encouraged citizens to report any tips which may be connected to Susan Powell’s disappearance. On Wednesday, Tony Abbott, of Delta, and his father drove to the scene of the search to tell investigators about some unusual activity he saw along a road.

After speaking with police, Abbott declined to give specifics of his information to a reporter. But he said he has long been aware of the Susan Powell case and it wasn’t until this week he decided the tip might be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks