New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, that does not even make sense as a statement. The only way it would make sense is if there were only two missing persons in all of the west...

I think he meant two choices. 1. is Susan. 2. is not.

IOW imo he is pretty confident it is her if he puts it at 50% with all the other possibilities, lost hikers, other murders etc.

Trying to figure that out myself?

What would be the difference in bones vs. human remains?

I'm not sure either, but I would take a guess at tissue, hair, ...fingernails?, etc. Very ominous with the no comment about the skull, imo.

Is the ME due there today?

Heck, we don't need an expert to tell us josh is a big, fat, murdering liar! But it would be nice if he could tell whether joshie is nervous or not, right about now.

On that note, I'll save my energy in attempting to share information that I thought others may find interesting or useful.

Easy, BeanE! I wasn't commenting on your post as much as I was on our nemesis Josh. Besides, you forgot the second part of my post!

In any event, I love your posts and the info you provide so keep em' coming.

I almost went to tears when I saw the remains are recent. It gives me hope...and we all need closure, most especially her family.

I feel conclusion is imminent.

Don't forget that LE will say certain things because they know JP is listening.

Don't forget that LE will say certain things because they know JP is listening.

Or not say especially in light of his families statement imploring LE to provide more details about the remains.

They could be purposefully being vague just to make Josh squirm.

Or they are being vague because they are on their way. :)

I think he meant two choices. 1. is Susan. 2. is not.

IOW imo he is pretty confident it is her if he puts it at 50% with all the other possibilities, lost hikers, other murders etc.

I have to agree with this. There has to be other missing people in the area. So to go with 50% is saying a lot, imo.

Why do dogs need to confirm if people have SEEN the body?

Obviously there is a body there if they've seen it.

Did the BLM lady only look at the dirt to confirm how old it is?

I am confused...

I have been talking to others here; and I sincerely believe that LE is being VERY, VERY careful so as to make certain that nothing in this investigation is compromised. I think that they want to make sure that they nail this one completely given the "botches" early on in the investigation. Also, I think they want to be certain that chain of command and no integrity issues can be used to throw out a conviction when/if sought.

This presser was an eye opener. The LE was practically vibrating with his enthusiasm and energy.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
URGENT: WVC Police Chief Buzz Nielsen tells @fox13now the remains are in a shallow grave, covered with dirt. #SusanPowell #findsusan #Utah

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Chuck Cox, #SusanPowell's father, is also en route to Delta to see the search effort. Still unknown if remains are her. @fox13now #findsusan

If she CAN - the Medical Examiner will come to #TopazMountain. #SusanPowell

http://twitter.com/#!/KSLSharaPark

Human remains found by in the Juab County wilderness were determined to be "recent" according to the West Valley City Police.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...nty-determined-to/9jelYP5ABE2CzXwOUKclsw.cspx

It seems like the ME has been almost fighting to not go to the scene. Early on, I heard that ME was complaining about it being a 4 hour drive to the scene. Then I heard that they were on their way; only to hear this morning that they would be there at 10:00 this morning. Then, the next thing we hear is that the BLM archaeologist has to check the remains first. Do they NOT feel the energy level here?!

Also, I think that juristiction has played a very big role in this case. They are outside of the SLC juristiction and on BLM ground. They need to make certain that they dot their i's and cross their t's so that nothing can be questioned later.

With the way that this one is being handled; I really think that this could be Susan. I really think that they know more than they have indicated to the public; and they have a very good idea that JP has been in this very spot.

When I have been at Topaz Mntn; I had cell coverage all the way there.

If i could chime in here. there has been some discussion in the thread about the grave and depth vs time and weather conditions that evening. this may have been mentioned already but its quite possible that he dug the grave prior to the camping trip. i dont believe for a minute that this was a "crime of passion". he planned this for a while before acting. a pre-dug grave would fit in well with the timeline if this is Susan. several hours to get there, a couple hours to prepare the remains and cover with dirt, then back home several hours later. 8 hours round trip maybe.

As an aside, as much as i love my fellow posters, i cant escape the childhood superstitions of JINXING something by claiming to know for sure or have a gut feeling or any other definative conclusion of recovered remains identities. having been on this site for a while, i think many of us have experienced examples of this. I know it comes from a part of us that really wants to have answers to troubling cases, but i still shake my head everytime i read these proclamations. Dont bite my head off though, i really hope this is susan too.

I have been talking to others here; and I sincerely believe that LE is being VERY, VERY careful so as to make certain that nothing in this investigation is compromised. I think that they want to make sure that they nail this one completely given the "botches" early on in the investigation. Also, I think they want to be certain that chain of command and no integrity issues can be used to throw out a conviction when/if sought.

This presser was an eye opener. The LE was practically vibrating with his enthusiasm and energy.

BBM: Thanks for that description as I didn't watch it... certainly sounds productive!

Not sure if this was posted, Joshie piping up a bit through his sister, and yea I bet he would like more detail. Don't get your undies in a wad Josh, they'll be letting you know as soon as they fit ya for cuffs:

Remains found during Susan Powell search not historic

SNIP...............................................

Josh Powell issued a statement through his sister Alina Powell in an e-mail on Thursday, asking police to reveal more information.

"With very little information available to the public, we can only hope that additional information is released quickly to minimize heartache to those of us who love Susan. In the meantime, we continue to hope for Susan’s safe return," the statement reads.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52591212-78/powell-remains-police-susan.html.csp

Kiirs Kiirsi Hellewell
Chuck says he wants to be here in Utah to support police and the search. #findsusan
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

Kiirs Kiirsi Hellewell
Just had a good visit with Chuck Cox. He is tired and feeling the stress, but also optimistic about recent developments. #findsusan

eta

Kiirs Kiirsi Hellewell
En route to a studio downtown...will be on Jane Velez-Mitchell in about an hour. #findsusan

I don't understand why they are taking more dogs in. Does that indicate the remains are scattered? Are they looking for additional bodies? Have they not had any visual on the remains to verify what the other dogs found?

Human remains vs. bones. Bones are human remains. Their use of the terminology just means they aren't commenting on the condition of what was found. They aren't going to say it is a body or a skeleton or whatever. Human remains covers it all.

I don't understand why they are taking more dogs in. Does that indicate the remains are scattered? Are they looking for additional bodies? Have they not had any visual on the remains to verify what the other dogs found?

Human remains vs. bones. Bones are human remains. Their use of the terminology just means they aren't commenting on the condition of what was found. They aren't going to say it is a body or a skeleton or whatever. Human remains covers it all.

My guess it is to cover themselves. JP and SP are the type to pick apart everything, and JP's attorney would find an angle to exploit. Best to overdo it than under.

O Please please let it be Susan. I wish I could be saying that about an alive Susan! I am thinking of her family and her sons and feeling.sick.all.over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak