New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting quite a feeling about this, sad as it is, I pray it is her

I hope it is her body because when Josh is brought to justice and her children are put in safer hands, her soul can finally rest.

Been checking in throughout the day and jumping back and forth from this thread to Zahra's so I apologize if this was already asked.

Someone up thread posted the remains as being "recent". If that's true, then why do you all think this is Susan? I'm praying if it is Susan that the family will be able to finally get some sort of closure but most of all that justice will come in the not too distant future.

I pray for her children's safety and well being. I'm so afraid for them.

BBM
I believe that "recent" means, in this case, that the site was disturbed within 10 years, which would fit within the time that SP went missing. Any timeframe beyond 10 years could mean that the remains are that of a pioneer, native american, asian (there was an internment camp nearby from what I understand) or it could some other person who has been missing for a very, very long time.
I hope that this is helpful. I am not an expert but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)
Like you, I hope that this find will be of some help to the family of SP. I also pray for the children's safety.
Take care,
DQ

BBM
I believe that "recent" means, in this case, that the site was disturbed within 10 years, which would fit within the time that SP went missing. Anything timeframe beyond 10 years could mean that it is a pioneer, native american, asian (there was an internment camp nearby from what I understand) or it could some other person who has been missing for a very, very long time.
I hope that this is helpful. I am not an expert but did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)
Like you, I hope that this find will be of some help to the family of SP. I also pray for the children's safety.
Take care,
DQ

Yes very helpful. Thank you for replying.

If this dirt was recently overturned, and IF police did get a tip to check this site, could someone have accidentally stumbled upon these remains? Did someone already possibly contaminate the site by accident; and then call police when they realized it was human remains? Could this person have already verified it was female (by clothing) and have been following Susan's case? OR, is the "recently" disturbed only meaning within the last 10 years as LE in the presser tried to indicate?? So many questions! I will be staying tuned over the next couple of days for certain! This case has been under my skin from day 1. I pray for Susan, her boys, and her parents daily. Justice cannot come soon enough!

I wonder what evidence they got that made them search there. Does anyone know?

I am bummed! I have to leave for work in a few minutes and I don't want to go!!! I am not going to be able to get Susan off my mind while I'm gone, but I will check in before I go to bed! I'm sure this thread will be many more pages long by then!

n/t here's an article about it, not word for word from the LE but close.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...human-remains-belong-to-Susan-Cox-Powell.html

Thank you for the link Dr.
That article is very informative and the most recent information I have found.

I was not aware, yet, that the two new cadaver dogs brought into the area today also confirmed that these are the remains of a human being.
I guess the ME will have to get out of the office and into the field. Someone has to do it. If it were me, I would have been there yesterday. But, I digress.

atecarlisle Nate Carlisle
WVCPD Lt. says shoveled about 1 foot deep and 2 feet wide as of 4:50 p.m. Dogs have smelled as deep as 12 feet before. #findSusan
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
Excavation of site has begun but no human remains found yet, WVCPD lieutenant says. He says dogs still indicating, though. #findSusan

ETA so what did they look at today? confused?

Thank you for the link Dr.
That article is very informative and the most recent information I have found.

I was not aware, yet, that the two new cadaver dogs brought into the area today also confirmed that these are the remains of a human being.
I guess the ME will have to get out of the office and into the field. Someone has to do it. If it were me, I would have been there yesterday. But, I digress.

I don't know if she (ME) will be allowed. BLM land = FEDERAL. Feds have to make that decision. The State of Utah will take a back seat, IMO.

Remember ... OKC bombing = A.P. Murrah Bldg = Federal case. Moved trial out of OK to CO to try the case.

IF this is Susan, would be good to get THIS case out of Utah, JMO.

Anybody know if Josh went on this most recent camping trip before or after this tip came in and this new search began?

If i could chime in here. there has been some discussion in the thread about the grave and depth vs time and weather conditions that evening. this may have been mentioned already but its quite possible that he dug the grave prior to the camping trip. i dont believe for a minute that this was a "crime of passion". he planned this for a while before acting. a pre-dug grave would fit in well with the timeline if this is Susan. several hours to get there, a couple hours to prepare the remains and cover with dirt, then back home several hours later. 8 hours round trip maybe.

As an aside, as much as i love my fellow posters, i cant escape the childhood superstitions of JINXING something by claiming to know for sure or have a gut feeling or any other definative conclusion of recovered remains identities. having been on this site for a while, i think many of us have experienced examples of this. I know it comes from a part of us that really wants to have answers to troubling cases, but i still shake my head everytime i read these proclamations. Dont bite my head off though, i really hope this is susan too.

BBM
I have been focusing on other things to keep my mind off of what will be a sad conclusion, Susan or not; I won't let myself follow gut feelings in this. That said, my nerves are shot since yesterday afternoon when the first info came out about remains. When I get nervous I cook, though I'm too nervous to eat anything. Today I have roasted a turkey[named him josh], made ALL of the side dishes plus rolls, a sweet potato pie and apple pie plus brownies and chocolate cake. Fortunately, when fam&friends find out your cooking they volunteer to come over. :)

The one thing is that there is a feeling of Peace. I so want Peace for the Coxes.

Ah, so maybe they haven't actually found anything, other than disturbed ground, and a hit from the dogs.

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
Excavation of site has begun but no human remains found yet, WVCPD lieutenant says. He says dogs still indicating, though. #findSusan

Huh? They haven't even found bones yet??

Ah, so maybe they haven't actually found anything, other than disturbed ground, and a hit from the dogs.

Good point. "We" go by media/sources/twitter and "we" don't know, yet. jmo

From the way I understood it, they found the bones earlier - now the dogs have hit on a separate site - that's what I was gathering anyway :)

BBM
I have been focusing on other things to keep my mind off of what will be a sad conclusion, Susan or not; I won't let myself follow gut feelings in this. That said, my nerves are shot since yesterday afternoon when the first info came out about remains. When I get nervous I cook, though I'm too nervous to eat anything. Today I have roasted a turkey[named him josh], made ALL of the side dishes plus rolls, a sweet potato pie and apple pie plus brownies and chocolate cake. Fortunately, when fam&friends find out your cooking they volunteer to come over. :)

The one thing is that there is a feeling of Peace. I so want Peace for the Coxes.

BBM :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member