NEw Search Warrant Tonight. Dec.4th, 2007

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

As you know — if you follow the Sgt. Drew Peterson/Stacy Peterson investigation - there was another warrant served on Sgt. Drew Peterson. The Chicago Tribune, click here for their FULL story, notes the following items in the newest warrant:
Other items listed in the newest warrant were:
•Objects that contain or have traces of “blue plastic, lead weights, plastic shavings, plastic scuff marks, circular impressions or carpet indentations, and any other indication of the carrying, placing, movement or collision of a plastic or barrel-like object or large storage container.”
•Materials on the vehicles including “dirt, gravel, soil, dust and any other accretive material which might be tested and compared to materials from a particular location to determine a vehicle’s presence at the location.”
•Objects that “have any of the following on them: blood, hairs, fingernails, bodily fluids, body tissue, DNA, fingerprints, fingernail scrapings, palm prints, saliva, urine, feces, or other biological material which may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder.”
•Instruments that may have been used as a weapon or restraint, including guns, ammunition, knives, rope and rugs.
•Objects with “chemical traces relating to pool chemicals or any chemical which might be utilized to *advertiser censored*, mask or accelerate the deterioration or decomposition of a human body.”

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5817655

(snip)
The warrant served on Drew Peterson this week sought items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings and chemicals that may alter the decomposition of a body. It also listed any "biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder."
The Tribune today reports that a copy of another warrant indicates authorities were looking for all GPS and other records relating to Peterson's SUV.

I'm thinking that may be why they are searching the canal because of GPS. Has anything been heard on what Peterson is doing while search is going on? Who is with him?
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5817655

(snip)
The warrant served on Drew Peterson this week sought items containing plastic shavings, blood, bodily fluids, fingernail scrapings and chemicals that may alter the decomposition of a body. It also listed any "biological material that may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder."
The Tribune today reports that a copy of another warrant indicates authorities were looking for all GPS and other records relating to Peterson's SUV.

A copy of the first warrant, executed Nov. 1, shows authorities sought "all GPS records, cellular service records, logging records or any other electronic records in the possession of OnStar Inc. . . . relating to the above described GMC vehicle."

The warrant did not state what police hoped to learn from the OnStar system. OnStar's global positioning does not constantly monitor a vehicle's location, said OnStar spokesman Jim Kobus.

"We do not track our subscribers' vehicles—that's the bottom line," Kobus said. "The only time we would know where the vehicle is, is when the driver initiates contact to OnStar or when the vehicle has been in an accident, the air bag deploys and the vehicle automatically calls us for help."

Kobus said the system in Peterson's vehicle was an older version, and requests for driving directions were done by speaking with an operator.

snip...Asked his opinion about the breadth of the items sought, attorney Mark Rotert, a former state and federal prosecutor now in private practice, said the warrants suggest authorities are conducting more than a scattershot search.

"I don't view . . . these search warrants as a sort of 'casting a broad net' kind of thing," Rotert said. "This suggests that there are some pretty specific theories in place. They might be based on logic, they might be based on specific information from interview, or some combination of the two."

He said the warrants seem to indicate—aside from the section about weapons—authorities are directing their attention toward the possible disposal of Stacy Peterson's body, rather than how she may have died.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ebdec06,0,3206859.story?coll=chi_tab05_layout

Question:

The OnStar info was mentioned in the first warrant. And as the article above discusses it, it looks as though it might not be of any assistance. But now in the 4th warrant, they are asking for GPS info. Is there any other system on a vehicle that tracks GPS info that is not related to the OnStar system?

I think you can get gps units to install yourself and if that's the case then the warrant for Onstar just wouldn't apply and they needed to be less specific on which gps unit and have it be any unit.

I think you can get gps units to install yourself and if that's the case then the warrant for Onstar just wouldn't apply and they needed to be less specific on which gps unit and have it be any unit.

Exactly Chico..there are many manufactures of GPS systems..we just went through that this weekend because we wanted to buy our son one for Christmas.
So to make sense this warrant needed to be less specific and say only GPS and not a brand name like "OnStar".

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

As you know — if you follow the Sgt. Drew Peterson/Stacy Peterson investigation - there was another warrant served on Sgt. Drew Peterson. The Chicago Tribune, click here for their FULL story, notes the following items in the newest warrant:
Other items listed in the newest warrant were:
•Objects that contain or have traces of “blue plastic, lead weights, plastic shavings, plastic scuff marks, circular impressions or carpet indentations, and any other indication of the carrying, placing, movement or collision of a plastic or barrel-like object or large storage container.”
•Materials on the vehicles including “dirt, gravel, soil, dust and any other accretive material which might be tested and compared to materials from a particular location to determine a vehicle’s presence at the location.”
•Objects that “have any of the following on them: blood, hairs, fingernails, bodily fluids, body tissue, DNA, fingerprints, fingernail scrapings, palm prints, saliva, urine, feces, or other biological material which may be evidence of the offense of first-degree murder.”
•Instruments that may have been used as a weapon or restraint, including guns, ammunition, knives, rope and rugs.
•Objects with “chemical traces relating to pool chemicals or any chemical which might be utilized to *advertiser censored*, mask or accelerate the deterioration or decomposition of a human body.”

I have to say when I read this I wondered ..where are Drew's handcuffs? Have they been returned to LE or are they part of the missing LE items that Drew should have turned in but didn't? Handcuffs would come in handy to restain someone that small, particularly if he appiled them with her hands in back of her. And then added a set of shackles to her legs..she would have never been able to fight her way out of those.

“chemical traces relating to pool chemicals or any chemical which might be utilized to *advertiser censored*, mask or accelerate the deterioration or decomposition of a human body.”

It sounds like LE is not going to rule out some other disposal method other than putting it into the water.

SusiQ, could you put this somewhere where it won't get lost? Maybe in one of the sticky's? I have a feeling we will be referring to it frequently.

Brodsky keeps saying that the 4th warrant is to correct errors in the 1st warrant which didn't allow for seizure of any materials found in the vehicles and that any materials found prior to the issuance of the 4th warrant would be inadmissible. However, all the warrants have a little blurb at the bottom that talks about seizing evidence and allowing 'reasonable' time to analyze the evidence. So I am not sure where Brodsky's complaint is.

Can anyone tell from the warrant on 11-6 what LE was looking for when they went back to the house to look for and obtain the 'something small'?

Inside the cops' search for Stacy Peterson

The State Police have obtained four search warrants for Drew Peterson's home and two vehicles -- a 2005 dark blue GMC Yukon Denali sport-utility vehicle and a 2002 purple Pontiac Grand Prix -- since his wife, Stacy, disappeared Oct.28. Here's what they sought and how investigators could use the evidence:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/685499,CST-NWS-boling07.article

A computer described in one warrant was listed on the warrant as missing!

Inside the cops' search for Stacy Peterson

The State Police have obtained four search warrants for Drew Peterson's home and two vehicles -- a 2005 dark blue GMC Yukon Denali sport-utility vehicle and a 2002 purple Pontiac Grand Prix -- since his wife, Stacy, disappeared Oct.28. Here's what they sought and how investigators could use the evidence:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/685499,CST-NWS-boling07.article

A computer described in one warrant was listed on the warrant as missing!

I just noticed at the bottom of that particular search warrant it states missing apple computer laptop. Interesting. Did Drew just "misplace" this?

I just noticed at the bottom of that particular search warrant it states missing apple computer laptop. Interesting. Did Drew just "misplace" this?

How much you wanna bet it belongs to the BBPD and is now in the blue container with Stacy's purse and cellphone? Bet he used it to decide where to dump the body.

I am praying that if the computer belonged to BBPD that it had, unknown to Drew, the below listed tracking capability. I know alot of government agencies and other companies are using this on computers that contain sensitive info. LE would be able to track the computer to it's exact location.

ComputraceComplete enables you to:
  • Track lost or stolen computers
  • Manage computing assets & inventory
  • Deter computer theft
  • Ensure software license compliance
  • Remotely delete data
http://www.absolute.com/computracecomplete/laptop-tracking.asp

ETA: the above software is very hard to find on the computer and very hard to remove. Most people don't know it's there.

Wow! That's interesting, a missing computer. :waitasec:

Wonder if he used it to check the tides and currents?:p

Maybe he watched the Peterson West case?:rolleyes:

Just wonderin',:angel:
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads