New Sleuth

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Eternal3rdEye, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Eternal3rdEye

Eternal3rdEye New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm new around here. I've heard about this place for years through YouTube missing persons channels and have always wanted to get involved. So now I've done it.

I am a 46 year old psychologist who specializes in trauma therapy related to violence. I, myself, am a survivor of violent crime. Also, in 2008 my daughter went missing. It was the longest nightmare of my life and it lasted 9 months. Because my daughter was 15 at the time the police refused to take it seriously and called her a runaway. She wasn't. I finally found a detective who would listen and after months of searching finally found her. She was weak, drugged, and awful things happened. She is now 26 years old, healthy, happy, and full of life and love.

Since that awful time I've wanted to help solve missing persons cases, murders, and cold cases of any kind. I'm hoping this will be a starting place for me to learn and grow from what I've heard are some of the best people around. I'd really love to become a private detective so I can really get in there and work these cases. But, again, no idea how to even begin something like that.

I'm sitting here about to watch a video on GEDMatch and forensic genealogy. Just heard about for the first time on the side panel on this page.
    I'm not sure how I feel about it.

2. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws. Eternal3rdEye!

Eternal3rdEye likes this.
  3. Eternal3rdEye

Eternal3rdEye New Member

Thank you!!

dotr likes this.
  4. Jaanniss

Jaanniss Active Member

Welcome! Your post raised memories for me and I also have found myself with the wanting - and the needing - to have something positive to offer the missing and their familes. I'm thinking you will find this forum will be that place to learn and grow.

dotr likes this.