New to Websleuths... wanted to say hi to all!

Error505

Reaction score
I’ve grown tired of most social media lately. I’ve been reading posts on a couple of forums. And I’m excited to give this a try!

Welcome! So glad to have you on board, please reach out to any staff member if we can answer questions or be helpful in any way.

Hello, all.

My internet handle is DragonSage1331, and my real name will remain undisclosed. I am a young adult with a longtime interest in forensics, mysteries, the inner workings of law and legality, as well as possessing a desire to bring justice to those that need it.

I heard about this website from another Internet friend of mine, and from what I've seen so far this looks like a fairly decent place. (I won't say lovely because of course we are discussing murders.) I'm just posting here to say a brief hello to everyone online at the moment and ask some pertinent questions. If any of you could answer them sometime this week, that would be greatly appreciated.

1. Are there any particular rules that are not immediately obvious (ie, unwritten rules)?

2. What would be the best way for a newbie to get started, especially one with no obvious qualifications? (I'm not a lawyer, cop, or forensic analyst, I just deeply admire the professions)

3. Are there any cases that any of you would need some help with? I have no delusions that I am any sort of Sherlock Holmes, I just know that an extra set of eyes often makes boring work go faster.

Thanks ever so. I hope all of you stay safe, and I wish you luck in your endeavors on this site!

Best,
DragonSage1331

Hello, all.

My internet handle is DragonSage1331, and my real name will remain undisclosed. I am a young adult with a longtime interest in forensics, mysteries, the inner workings of law and legality, as well as possessing a desire to bring justice to those that need it.

I heard about this website from another Internet friend of mine, and from what I've seen so far this looks like a fairly decent place. (I won't say lovely because of course we are discussing murders.) I'm just posting here to say a brief hello to everyone online at the moment and ask some pertinent questions. If any of you could answer them sometime this week, that would be greatly appreciated.

1. Are there any particular rules that are not immediately obvious (ie, unwritten rules)?

2. What would be the best way for a newbie to get started, especially one with no obvious qualifications? (I'm not a lawyer, cop, or forensic analyst, I just deeply admire the professions)

3. Are there any cases that any of you would need some help with? I have no delusions that I am any sort of Sherlock Holmes, I just know that an extra set of eyes often makes boring work go faster.

Thanks ever so. I hope all of you stay safe, and I wish you luck in your endeavors on this site!

Best,
DragonSage1331
If you'll allow me to get slightly personal, I am a bit nervous about joining this site. Everyone here seems extremely qualified and I am, ah, not. Would anyone be willing to help me learn more about how this site works, or direct me to a thread that would not be opposed to the help of someone who really wants to help but don't know if they can? As soon as possible, please. I have no idea where to begin.

@DragonSage1331 , many people start with cases nearby -- either their current location, or a place from their past that is familiar.

Local information about geography can be very helpful.

We do have a few verified professional posters, but most of us are amateurs.

Most threads will welcome your input!

TOS -- facts must be supported with a link to an LE report, Main Stream Media article, or LE/MSM Facebook page.

100% victim friendly -- no sleuthing of family members

Only sleuth those named as POI by LE

Look around & read a few threads, and welcome to Websleuths!

Welcome! I'm a long-time member but I'm not qualified at all :) :) So happy you're here - we can use your expertise and your youth! My youngest daughter just graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice and shares my interests in "crime solving" so I'm happy to learn about other young adults with like minds! There are many wise members here that are well-versed in rules, and many threads on rules/regs for posting, etc., so you'll be fine! This is a website of the highest caliber, glad you came to the right place!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back