New Tracey Documentary

TLynn said:
Originally Posted by vicktor

Ahhh, but there was semen at the crime scene - it was identified as John Andrew Ramsey's.

Yes that might have solved the case, if JAR didn't have a good alibi, or they could connect other evidence to him. He comes to mind as an obvious suspect but he must have had a terrific alibi. The police dropped him from consideration pretty fast.

Nedthan Johns said:
Remind me is Michael Helgoth the boots guy?

Killed himself?

Who was Michelle Helgoth. I need to get up to speed here

Michael Helgoth was NOT MURDERED. He killed himself.

His DNA DOES NOT MATCH any of the DNA at the crime scene. His boots DO NOT MATCH THE BOOT PRINT.

He was OFFICIALLY CLEARED in 1997.

This is so out of control. Lou Smit is on Keenan's team of investigators.

Ned and everyone. I need your thoughts and your boundless energy. What the hell do we do about this?

I don't think there is any way this Crock will be shown in the US. However I think it is very important for people in Colorado to know just how far Lou Smit will lie.

Your first post on this thread was well put. Welcome to the forum. Great insite.

Evidence of a finely shredded paper bag was found on JB's bed and elsewhere.

Ned: Where did this come from? Never heard about this ever

The fibers in around the knot could be from transference when Patsy knelt over JB. If, as you pointed out, the body was found early by LE, the fiber questions could have been eliminated. Seeing fibers there does seem unusual, but not every piece of evidence is going to make perfect sense.

Ned: Intertwined in the knot? Not likely. Also JB was covered immediately after she had been brought up. Patsy didn't throw herself over her body until after she was covered.

Nedthan Johns said:
Evidence of a finely shredded paper bag was found on JB's bed and elsewhere.

Ned: Where did this come from? Never heard about this ever

Ned the paper bag crap comes from Judge Carnes decision. Lin Wood presented a "shredded bag" as some sort of evidence of an Intruder.

I know most killer intruder's bring their bags to shred at a crime scene. Happens all the time.

Ned to read a true rebuttal to the judege's decision please go here.
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241

You will see a thread called, " The Truth about Judge Julie Carnes' Decision.Stun Gun/Rope/Bag/Door/Lights/Knots/Bat."

This thread has the info on the bag.

I am cracking up. This is too funny. I mean it. It's gone past absurd. Now it's just comical.

Cheri: He couldn't have written the ransom note or formed the garrotte, or done all the staging like tearing the duct tape, with regular cold weather gloves on ... they are too bulky.

You brought up an excellent point. I wonder if any experiments have been concluded by writing a 3 page ransom note using varies forms of “winter gloves” I would imagine that most if not ALL would leave some sort of fiber evidence behind. So lets say the intruder took off his winter gloves, and wore surgical gloves. That would suggest planning on this intruder’s part. So why would he PLAN the crime right down to the fact he needed gloves, yet wait to write the ransom note when he was IN the home? How did he know the Ramsey’s plans? Or when they would return? Why would he risk this?

vicktor said:
There are many unsolved murder cases out there where someone broke it and killed an occupant, and didn't leave any evidence. There are unsolved cases of rape and murder where only semen evidence was left and the perp was never caught because the DNA wasn't on file or they could find no other connection. If the perp wore gloves and chose not to leave semen , what other evidence would there be?

The evidence was left ,Patsy's & John's , plus semen was left Jr's (John Jr's )on the blanket in the suite case. What other evidence do you need (you tell me)

I think John broke the basement window during the staging to try to bolster the intruder theory but soon realized that LE probably wouldn't buy the window story, so he claimed to have broken the window at some time in the distant past when he'd locked himself out of the house and had to gain entrance through the basement window. LHP sure didn't remember the broken window, and it seems odd that if John had broken it when he said he'd locked himself out, cold drafts weren't noticed in the house and mice and other critters weren't everywhere, prompting him or Patsy to replace the glass, at least by December.

Ned: Ivy I completely agree with this, which also ties John into the cover up of this crime early on. More and more I tie him into this crime strongly. I can't imagine myself crawling though a window like that, especially if I knew that every friend in town had a key.

There are photos of Michael Helgoth in a few of the articles which I'll scan and post on my Delphi forum sometime over the next couple of days. My scanner is at the back of a room which is full of boxes and I need to climb over them to get to the scanner!

The article suggests that the documentary was made with the co-operation of Lou Smit and another investigator called John San Augustine (so much for the investigative team not leaking!). In particular, it says the unnamed suspect lived nearby to Helgoth's place of work and that is a known paedophile and may have been responsible for another abduction/murder in 1993.

Apparently there is a Manhunt for him.

Listed as evidence against Helgoth and Mr X is a videotape of a film where Santa visits a little girl in her bed and this video is interrupted with a news bulletin of the 1993 abduction/murder.

Maybe John anticipated being asked why he wasn't concerned about possibly ruining his clothing climbing through the window, or maybe he thought that the more details he included in his window story, the more believable it would be.

Ned: Exactly. Funny how he can’t recall much about the night his daughter was murdered, but can recall removing his clothes to get through the window. Most likely because the detective probably looked at him in disbelief given the size of the window and the size of John. He probably “added” to the story because it sounded unbelievable

A statement that fibers from a paper bag were found on JB's bed and in the bag used to carry the body away was noted at Webbsleuths. Assuming that this is actual evidence it points to an intruder. If you think its made up then it neither adds nor detracts.

Ned: Victims hands and feet are normally “bagged” prior to the body being removed from the house to keep evidence “in tact”. This what most likely what was found in the body bag. Traces could have been transferred to her bed, however I never heard of this evidence being found on her bed.

Vicktor: If John and Lou Smit were able to get through the window an intruder could have also. He wore winter gloves and might have had to close the basement door after coming up. Other than than that, he could roam around, locate bedrooms, maybe look in John's desk, and as long as he closed drawers there wouldn't be any evidence. He could take JB from her bed downstairs and fashion the garotte and not leave any evidence. He probably left his coat on when taking JB downstairs to avoid scratches. BTW, the Ramseys stated that they found drawers in a room near JB's open. Evidence that WAS found includes dark blue fibers on the body, brown fibers at the scene and animal hair on JB's hands. None of these was sourced.

Regarding the uniqueness of the case, IMO, its more likely that the best suspect, Gary Oliva, was able to pull off the crime as seen, than it is for 1 of the Ramseys to have done it and 1 or more covered it up, staying together and keeping that secret for 7+ years. Judge Carnes, who was given all the info we have and maybe more, wrote 93 pages that the intruder was more likely.

Gary Oliva: served time for assaulting a 7 year old girl, was evaluated as being a paranoid schizophrenic, was described by a friend as being weird and getting more sinister prior to the crime, called his friend out of state 3 days after the murder and broke down sobbing, saying he had hurt a child, was seen at the 1 year memorial of her death, said that JB revealed herself to him at death, had a stun gun when searched by the police 18 mo. after the crime. Motive: He fantasized about being a bad guy in crime movies and wanted to have some fun with a little girl and decided he could also taunt the parents by writing a phony note and doing a little staging after he finished with JB. Its generally agreed that the note and what happened after JB's death was staging. Why? Because he had a strong impulse to do it and enjoyed it, and had little to lose.

If the BPD had followed up on the tip his friend gave them and thoroughly checked out Oliva, we would probably be looking at 2 main suspects, the Ramseys and Oliva.

On the window sill and grate, I see your point but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that. I wonder if the light was unscrewed, or was actually switched off,A/O was on when the Ramseys got home at 9:00?

The ransom note: To the untrained eye, it looks possible that either Patsy or Oliva could have written it. It has a phony quality about it due to length ( as identified by the FBI) and the figure $118,000, which is symbolic of something else besides a ransom demand.
--------If Patsy wrote it, her point of view was an outsider broke in to kidnap JB, someone from Access. She would think that the BPD would come and find the body by 8:00, and she would be stuck with questions of why her handwriting is similar. Then she might think that she needed to remove the body and put it say, behind the church for the plan to have a chance. All the other staging doesn't help a lot with the body there.
------------If Oliva wrote it what you see is what you get. He pretends to be an arch-criminal who has kidnapped JB. He makes lots of references to crime movies, acts boastful and threatening, and controlling. He was very careful with spelling, word usage, puncuation. But he overstepped his ability, IMO, in that 3 sentences don't make good sense. Patsy would tend not to make this mistake, either intentionally or naturally. IMO, the content of the note and the crime point to someone with major personality problems.

If John and Lou Smit were able to get through the window an intruder could have also.

Ned: Sure He “could have” but most likely there would have been evidence that he DID. Where Lou went wrong in showing his experiment to the world was that after crawling through that window, he should have had the window sill REMOVED to see if he had left and trace evidence behind. Just like the real one had been after the commission of this crime. There wasn’t ANYTHING left there besides a smudged print on the window sill.

He wore winter gloves and might have had to close the basement door after coming up. Other than than that, he could roam around, locate bedrooms, maybe look in John's desk, and as long as he closed drawers there wouldn't be any evidence. He could take JB from her bed downstairs and fashion the garotte and not leave any evidence. He probably left his coat on when taking JB downstairs to avoid scratches.

Ned: Avoid scratche? But according to Lou she was stunned twice and most likey uncoinsious! There was NO evidence that JonBenet scratched anybody or anything.

BTW, the Ramseys stated that they found drawers in a room near JB's open. Evidence that WAS found includes dark blue fibers on the body, brown fibers at the scene and animal hair on JB's hands. None of these was sourced.

Ned: Come again? There was fiber evidence found inside the drawyer near JB’s room? This is news to me. And it MATCHES fiber evidence found on JonBenet? If so this would be HUGE to me. You say this was never sourced. Where is this information coming from?

Regarding the uniqueness of the case, IMO, its more likely that the best suspect, Gary Oliva, was able to pull off the crime as seen, than it is for 1 of the Ramseys to have done it and 1 or more covered it up, staying together and keeping that secret for 7+ years. Judge Carnes, who was given all the info we have and maybe more, wrote 93 pages that the intruder was more likely.

Ned: Only information that Lin wanted her to see.

Gary Oliva: served time for assaulting a 7 year old girl, was evaluated as being a paranoid schizophrenic, was described by a friend as being weird and getting more sinister prior to the crime, called his friend out of state 3 days after the murder and broke down sobbing, saying he had hurt a child, was seen at the 1 year memorial of her death, said that JB revealed herself to him at death, had a stun gun when searched by the police 18 mo. after the crime.

Ned: Was the stun gun analyzed? Was his DNA tested?

Motive: He fantasized about being a bad guy in crime movies and wanted to have some fun with a little girl and decided he could also taunt the parents by writing a phony note and doing a little staging after he finished with JB. Its generally agreed that the note and what happened after JB's death was staging. Why? Because he had a strong impulse to do it and enjoyed it, and had little to lose.

Ned: Had little to lose? He had nothing to lose by NOT leaving the note, by leaving the note he left MORE evidence, why would he want to do that? What did the note accomplish?

If the BPD had followed up on the tip his friend gave them and thoroughly checked out Oliva, we would probably be looking at 2 main suspects, the Ramseys and Oliva.

Ned: Isn’t this person in prison now? I remember this being an issue years ago and thought Oliva was in prison?

On the window sill and grate, I see your point but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that. I wonder if the light was unscrewed, or was actually switched off,A/O was on when the Ramseys got home at 9:00?

The ransom note: To the untrained eye, it looks possible that either Patsy or Oliva could have written it. It has a phony quality about it due to length ( as identified by the FBI) and the figure $118,000, which is symbolic of something else besides a ransom demand.
--------If Patsy wrote it, her point of view was an outsider broke in to kidnap JB, someone from Access. She would think that the BPD would come and find the body by 8:00, and she would be stuck with questions of why her handwriting is similar. Then she might think that she needed to remove the body and put it say, behind the church for the plan to have a chance. All the other staging doesn't help a lot with the body there.

Ned: Oh I think the body was meant to be found, most certainly, otherwise there was NO need to write the ransom note. I am a believer that the suitcase, which was normally kept under the stairs was used to place JonBenet in and that was the parents original plan. The marks to JonBenets face and back came from that case, I am sure of it. She was placed in their prior to the final garrote. I believe Patsy thought she had already killed her.

------------If Oliva wrote it what you see is what you get. He pretends to be an arch-criminal who has kidnapped JB. He makes lots of references to crime movies, acts boastful and threatening, and controlling. He was very careful with spelling, word usage, puncuation. But he overstepped his ability, IMO, in that 3 sentences don't make good sense. Patsy would tend not to make this mistake, either intentionally or naturally. IMO, the content of the note and the crime point to someone with major personality problems.

Ned: Sounds like Patsy to me.

Thanks for that reminder link on Oliva. Why is he even being discussed still?

Vicktor if his DNA doesn't match and the Ramsey clan is a stickly that the DNA will match the killer, why is this man still on YOUR suspect list?

The thing that really proves to me that the ransom note was written by Patsy is because it was perfectly clean, NO creases, And NO folds. For an intruder to have written the note he would have had to have hidden it in a place where it was laid out flat. Why would he have taken the chance that it may be found prior to taking JB from her bed? Then he would have had to RETURN to the stairs after murdering JonBenet to make sure it was in place before exiting the house. To think that he climbed all the way upstairs to do this, yet returned back down to the basement to exit out a tiny window by balancing himself on a suitcase, when he could have done was simply walked out the Butler’s door is just too much for me to believe.

I believe that one involved a fake ransom note but I'll get back to ya on that one.....SOLO

Ned: Actually that was a REAL ransom note and the killer was caught years after the fact. Many people believed that note was written by the father, but it wasn't

Even though Oliva's DNA isn't a match, IMO he is still the best suspect. IOW, the DNA isn't connected to the crime. This obviously presents a problem to LE, because without DNA, or 2nd hand info, only a confession will solve the crime

Ned: Well that answers my question. So let's see this intruder left NO evidence except for fibers? right! Well we got to keep the Ramsey faith now somehow don't we. LOL

LOL that's like saying Charlie Manson would make a good suspect in the Nicole Brown Simpson murder. Sure Oliva is a sicko, But just because he is a sicko and was in town the night of the crime, doesn’t mean he is the killer. I would bet there were hundreds of other sickos in Boulder that night too. If you are thinking they are going to link him on fibers and the fact that he broke down to his friend on the phone, you have more faith in flying pigs than I do.

When the Zodiac was committing crimes in so. Ca. he sent a note to police that was written in cryptography, using letters and symbols. For 3 weeks the police and 'experts' tried to decode it, without success. The note was then published in a newspaper. In a weekend 2 schoolteachers were able to decode it to reveal the meaning.

Ned: IN 1998 the Ramsey case made it to the forums and within months 99% of the members of these forums reviewed the case evidence, spoke with investigators, police officers, and reporters, reviewed crime scene photos, and discussed pages and pages of evidence with school teachers, lawyers, doctors, homemakers, nurses, etc… and came to the conclusion based on the totality of the evidence that the Ramsey are still the NUMBER one suspects in the molestation and murder of their daughter JonBenet Ramsey and to this DATE, still have REFUSED to sit down with the Boulder Police Department to seek the answers in her murder or follow through on their promises to catch the killer. The Ramsey’s worse fear was realized as these citizens who CARED about their daughter analyzed the ransom note word for word and that majority of them agreed with investigators that PATSY RAMSEY MOST LIKELY WROTE THE NOTE!

In addition, Patsy knew who signed the note and the sign-off during the 911 call (it took me weeks to get the SBTC in the right order)

Ned: Exactly which is CLUE number 1 that John Ramsey was IN on this prior to the 911 call. Patsy did not make that call leaning over John Ramsey. The note according to them was moved to the kitchen floor in front of the window.

What kind of *advertiser censored* in Great Britain actually paid money for this totally fantastic fable? And who, of their viewing population, will believe it?

Has the general IQ of the British suffered so greatly from immigration in the past 20 years?

What happened to the heyday of British TV, when they produced marvels like Masterpiece Theater and Monty Python?

Lord help the Brits, and God Save the Queen!!! :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back