New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it took me a moment or two, but I think this is directly linked to the benefactor. So, I must ask: why?

Honestly, I guess you could give the parents some credit for doing *something* visible to help find BL. At such a late date, it kind of seems too little too late to me. If only they would spend an equal amount of time and effort into meeting with LE. Sigh.

Not so sure how long the site will stay up. I would imagine they are probably going to get more nasty messages than tips via their "your comments and tips" tab.

Well, just an FYI, it took me a bit but I feel fairly confident in saying I think the site is linked in someway to the benefactor. There is a barrel racing connection. So the site is most likely legit. . .so that's good. I wish they would have been a little more transparent about that though.

It took but a moment to find the name of the website registrant and the rumored benefactor is the owner of a ranch and into barrel racing. Website registrant is in kc metro area and rumored benefactor reached out to a connection. Sounds smart to me. Hope it brings in some wonderful tips.

It's very unfortunate that they waited until now to set up such a website, but I guess better late than never. I just hope that it is there for the purpose of finding Lisa and not there as damage control for the parents. Lisa deserved a site like this the first week she went missing...

"To the family of the abductors..."

plural? so they know it's more than one person? how do they know this?

on the flip side, there are several typos all over the page... might just be an error...

Honestly, I guess you could give the parents some credit for doing *something* visible to help find BL. At such a late date, it kind of seems too little too late to me. If only they would spend an equal amount of time and effort into meeting with LE. Sigh.

Not so sure how long the site will stay up. I would imagine they are probably going to get more nasty messages than tips via their "your comments and tips" tab.

IMHO this website is a response to the complaints from the public of what the parents haven't done for the last 5 & 1/2 months.There have been MANY online discussions w/ various family members, where people have asked repeatedly for DETAILS about Lisa so that if indeed she was kidnapped ,someone may be able to recognize her with a little more to go on than what we (the public) have been given. I really have a problem with how they state that Lisa may be 40lbs at 16 mo., -- my BIG 4 1/2 yr old is 42lbs! I also have a problem with this info being released almost half a YEAR later..... any parent knows how much babies change SOO quickly. As much time as this family spends online, they could have had this info out LONG ago. I seriously am NOT trying to stir up trouble or be rude, but being honest and blunt, as I really wish this darling little girl to be FOUND. As a mom of 4 ( and almost-Grandma!!) I just feel that SO much should have been done differently... this little girl has captured my heart, and I know many others feel the same.

All I can say is even though there may be some typos and grammar errors, I still like this new Find Lisa Irwin website. The earlier website that was launched in October isn't nearly as nice. I see this site as an upgrade from the old site. Hopefully this site may help us find Lisa.

http://findlisairwin.com/

This is a new website for baby Lisa endorsed by the family. It appears to be under construction, so check back for updates.

ETA: I found this through FB. A family member posted it. It is associated with a new FB page. I am not allowed to link that page per mods.

Thank you Nina for posting this and bringing it to our attention, and for thinking of us here.
I appreciate it, as I don't have or do facebook

Thanks Nina for the link, glad to see a few see something positive in it.

IMHO this website is a response to the complaints from the public of what the parents haven't done for the last 5 & 1/2 months.There have been MANY online discussions w/ various family members, where people have asked repeatedly for DETAILS about Lisa so that if indeed she was kidnapped ,someone may be able to recognize her with a little more to go on than what we (the public) have been given. I really have a problem with how they state that Lisa may be 40lbs at 16 mo., -- my BIG 4 1/2 yr old is 42lbs! I also have a problem with this info being released almost half a YEAR later..... any parent knows how much babies change SOO quickly. As much time as this family spends online, they could have had this info out LONG ago. I seriously am NOT trying to stir up trouble or be rude, but being honest and blunt, as I really wish this darling little girl to be FOUND. As a mom of 4 ( and almost-Grandma!!) I just feel that SO much should have been done differently... this little girl has captured my heart, and I know many others feel the same.

Speaking of details, since this is the official site, they really should have the reward disclaimer on there. I have yet to find it anywhere. Has anybody else?

Speaking of details, since this is the official site, they really should have the reward disclaimer on there. I have yet to find it anywhere. Has anybody else?

Only thing I saw regarding the reward is at the very top of the page in the header. My computer is acting up right now as it does an update so I haven't checked the pdf file yet.

ETA: The PDF doesn't mention the Reward.

It would be a good idea for that to be listed with the reward. Here's what I found.
The reward is for the "safe return and/or conviction of a person or persons involved in this horrible crime."

This is a quote from Bill Stanton.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-100000-reward-offered/story?id=14737687#.T2RHrtV0TJc

Only thing I saw regarding the reward is at the very top of the page in the header. My computer is acting up right now as it does an update so I haven't checked the pdf file yet.

ETA: The PDF doesn't mention the Reward.

Yeah. . I have searched like crazy to find it and can't find it anywhere.

It makes me question it a bit. Just a quick check of two other missing children's sites (Ayla Reynolds and Lindsey Baum) and the terms are right there where the reward is mentioned. It is a legally binding contract but yet there are no terms. :waitasec:

Yeah. . I have searched like crazy to find it and can't find it anywhere.

It makes me question it a bit. Just a quick check of two other missing children's sites (Ayla Reynolds and Lindsey Baum) and the terms are right there where the reward is mentioned. It is a legally binding contract but yet there are no terms. :waitasec:

I agree there should be a link at least to the terms of the reward, but I'm sure if anyone calling in wants to claim it, they would ask for details when calling in their tips.

As long as there's not a link to "donate" or buy "t-shirt's, bracelets, or coffee mugs" it's all good in my eyes. What can it hurt.

Oh Baby Lisa - where are you!

I agree there should be a link at least to the terms of the reward, but I'm sure if anyone calling in wants to claim it, they would ask for details when calling in their tips.

Idk. . .RR said the tipline (Crime Stoppers) reward is only $1100. I think the $100,000 is separate from that one. I'm not sure how that works. Regardless, the terms should be wherever the reward is mentioned. I've never seen it not.

MOO

As long as there's not a link to "donate" or buy "t-shirt's, bracelets, or coffee mugs" it's all good in my eyes. What can it hurt.

Oh Baby Lisa - where are you!

Thanks Melanie, I agree. All I see is Lisa. No "Donate Here" buttons or paraphernalia for sale.

Idk. . .RR said the tipline (Crime Stoppers) reward is only $1100. I think the $100,000 is separate from that one. I'm not sure how that works. Regardless, the terms should be wherever the reward is mentioned. I've never seen it not.

MOO

The $100K reward being kept away from the tips hotline just seems counter productive to the investigation if IDI. BS says that LE or Crimestoppers would bring the tip to him to determine validity and they would proceed from there (paraphrase) in administering the reward. I just can't see LE bringing in a loosely affiliated, non LE, non licensed in MO third party to their open investigation for reward purposes and why the benefactor and BS would require that. Not really conducive to the investigation at all.

I am sure in the not too distant future the things that need fixing on the new website mentioned here will be added. I guess that part is good. I would like to see them come up with the most recent pics of her. Surely some family member has something somewhere of her closer to the age she was when she went missing.

We have the defense team and Bill Staton crying that LE is not sharing information they have. We have a 100k reward out there that nobody has officially confirmed is real.

Now we have a website that comes out that seems to add credence to the reward but really does not and this website has a place where you can send your tips directly to them whomever "Them" is.

Nobody has put their name or claim to this website officially.

I believe this website is an attempt by the defense lawyers to learn what LE knows from witnesses.

Good luck to anyone trying to claim this reward because so far it is just pretend. There is nothing official or binding in any of the info released on it so far.

The $100K reward being kept away from the tips hotline just seems counter productive to the investigation if IDI. BS says that LE or Crimestoppers would bring the tip to him to determine validity and they would proceed from there (paraphrase) in administering the reward. I just can't see LE bringing in a loosely affiliated, non LE, non licensed in MO third party to their open investigation for reward purposes and why the benefactor and BS would require that. Not really conducive to the investigation at all.

I am sure in the not too distant future the things that need fixing on the new website mentioned here will be added. I guess that part is good. I would like to see them come up with the most recent pics of her. Surely some family member has something somewhere of her closer to the age she was when she went missing.

BBM

This that still need fixing should have been fixed ages ago! JMO

This has always bothered me about not having more recent pictures. What about the birthday party on Sunday, no one took pictures of this little darling?

jumping off jacy's post--

why are there no pics of lisa with her mom? with both parents? with her brothers? her whole family? only one pic of her with her dad? ???

i would think one of the goals of a website such as this would be to show the bond/love lisa had with her family in an attempt to guilt the "abductor" into returning her to the family who loves her...

whoever is in charge of this site also might want to fix the typos/mistakes... it's not difficult to do, it makes reading the site easier plus it just looks more professional/credible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member