New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the foundation's page, it says:

Are they saying 20,000 flyers were sent to other countries? What's the point of sending 25% of all flyers out of the US?
I would have to say that since the United States is part of the world, the 20,000 flyers that were sent out would include all places that they were sent, near and far.

I would have to say that since the United States is part of the world, the 20,000 flyers that were sent out would include all places that they were sent, near and far.

If an American says to you, "I have traveled all over the world"...do you assume they mean they have been to other countries besides the US?

If an American says to you, "I have traveled all over the world"...do you assume they mean they have been to other countries besides the US?

Yes. And that would include the United States. Now if the quote you provided said that 20,000 flyers were sent "overseas" or "abroad" that would be different. IMO.

Yes. And that would include the United States. Now if the quote you provided said that 20,000 flyers were sent "overseas" or "abroad" that would be different. IMO.

So you think an American can say "I've been all over the world" even if they've never left the US? Yes, the US is part of the world, but when people say "all around the world" it means other countries too.

So you think an American can say "I've been all over the world" even if they've never left the US? Yes, the US is part of the world, but when people say "all around the world" it means other countries too.

I don't see where I said that someone who's been all over the world would believe that they never left the United States.

Lets face it, the 20,000 flyers sent out could have been sent to anywhere in the world including the United States.

I don't see where I said that someone who's been all over the world would believe that they never left the United States.

Lets face it, the 20,000 flyers sent out could have been sent to anywhere in the world including the United States.

Their intention is for the reader to believe that 20,000 flyers were sent internationally. That's why they "separated" those 20,000 flyers from the rest, to tell us they were sent all around the world. If they were all sent nationally, they would say, "We sent them all over the country".

So if that is the case, did they just toss out the remaining 60,000?

Otherwise wouldn't they have said they sent 80,000 flyers all over the world?

Their intention is for the reader to believe that 20,000 flyers were sent internationally. That's why they "separated" those 20,000 flyers from the rest, to tell us they were sent all around the world. If they were all sent nationally, they would say, "We sent them all over the country".

No, I think that it's YOUR intention that the 20,000 flyers were sent ONLY internationally. I think that their intention was to show that they are trying to reach a wide audience.

And your right, since they didn't just send them nationally, they used the term "all over the world" to describe the effort.

So if that is the case, did they just toss out the remaining 60,000?

Otherwise wouldn't they have said they sent 80,000 flyers all over the world?

What? Toss out 60,000 flyers? Why? If 20,000 flyers were mailed out, that would mean that the rest would be handed out by manual methods. JMO.

Oh, we can't have bananas on her hand, can we? Sheesh. I wonder what she'd do if Lisa REALLY got messy... oh wait...

That "no" stuff was not normal at all. DB, imo, is a control freak.

Those fliers have been distribute throughout Facebook internationally, to several different countries, overseas included.

Here is a Fox 4 report from earlier tonight regarding the Lisa Irwin Hope Foundation.

http://fox4kc.com/2012/11/01/concerns-raised-over-find-lisa-irwin-website-fundraising/

It’s been more than a year since Lisa Irwin disappeared from her Northland home. Despite the offer of a $100,000 reward, a separate Lisa Irwin organization is now soliciting donations from the public – and some are questioning why the fundraising is necessary.

~~

FOX 4 News talked with the woman who established the account for the Lisa Irwin Hope Foundation. She is Kathleen Costas, a cousin of Lisa’s mother, Deborah Bradley. Costas, who lives in Florida, says the account is a special taxable fund established through Wells Fargo. Costas oversees all spending from the account.

She assured FOX4 News it’s not going to be used for the family’s normal day-to-day living expenses, calling the criticism of the fund: “Total Facebook gossip.”

Costas says it will only be used to pay for bumper stickers, flyers and other materials used in the family’s search for Lisa Irwin.

This shouldn't surprise anyone really. It's obvious what happened to Lisa and that these parents should be arrested. Such a sad thing to realize that there are people like this in the world. Really sad.

well-- i don't know if that fund is legit or not... doubt we'll ever know. have to say though i cannot believe the ugliness in the comments section of the article nina posted...

thank you mods for not allowing that here!

:tyou::tyou:

As long as there's not a link to "donate" or buy "t-shirt's, bracelets, or coffee mugs" it's all good in my eyes. What can it hurt.

Thanks Melanie, I agree. All I see is Lisa. No "Donate Here" buttons or paraphernalia for sale.

do you still feel that a donations link lessens the website's credibility/legitimacy?

and melanie-- if you still read here, how does this news sit with you?

have they put a new flier out yet with an age progression of what Lisa might look like today.I don't come to this forum a lot any more!!

do you still feel that a donations link lessens the website's credibility/legitimacy?

and melanie-- if you still read here, how does this news sit with you?

Making money off of Lisa won't bring her home. Too bad her mother still refuses to donate a little time to the police as they have requested in the latest press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288