New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you still feel that a donations link lessens the website's credibility/legitimacy?

and melanie-- if you still read here, how does this news sit with you?

I think that it's sad that Lisa's parents are forced into a situation where they need to ask for donations to continue to keep Lisa's face in the public eye. It doesn't lessen the websites credibility or legitimacy to me.

Yep...doesn't surprise me one bit. All they had to do was wait a year and bide their time. With each passing month and no arrest, these deplorable parents get more brazen.

While I think that Lisa died accidentally and was disposed of by one or both of the parents, I am beginning to wonder if this wasn't the plan all along. Just disgusting that these parents now feel that it's safe to start begging! What the H do they need money for? They aren't doing anything to find Lisa and never have! So they print out some flyers or make some T-shirts. Don't tell me that the paper costs so much that they have to get money from outside to make them? Posters can very easily be printed in your own home. All you need is paper and ink! And, if you don't have a printer, cut back on the cigarettes and alcohol for a month and go buy one!

And, T-shirts??? Since I could probably count on two hands the number of people in the USA who think that Lisa is still alive, I'm sure they could come up with that money too without begging. Heck, if you have to pay $10 to make them and only a dozen people are going to buy them, cut back another month on your boozing and partying and you can buy those too!

What a despicable pair these two are!!!

Yep...doesn't surprise me one bit. All they had to do was wait a year and bide their time. With each passing month and no arrest, these deplorable parents get more brazen.

While I think that Lisa died accidentally and was disposed of by one or both of the parents, I am beginning to wonder if this wasn't the plan all along. Just disgusting that these parents now feel that it's safe to start begging! What the H do they need money for? They aren't doing anything to find Lisa and never have! So they print out some flyers or make some T-shirts. Don't tell me that the paper costs so much that they have to get money from outside to make them? Posters can very easily be printed in your own home. All you need is paper and ink! And, if you don't have a printer, cut back on the cigarettes and alcohol for a month and go buy one!

And, T-shirts??? Since I could probably count on two hands the number of people in the USA who think that Lisa is still alive, I'm sure they could come up with that money too without begging. Heck, if you have to pay $10 to make them and only a dozen people are going to buy them, cut back another month on your boozing and partying and you can buy those too!

What a despicable pair these two are!!!

Thank you, norest, for your well thought out and totally true post.

They are not paying for their attorneys, they have a wealthy benefactor, and have neighbors and friends who have brought meals to them over the past year. Also, they have one less mouth to feed, cloth, buy toys and mediction for, No more Drs. bills for Baby Lisa (if she ever went to a doctor)

If JI and DB needB]money, there is no reason why DB can't get a job, since both boys are in school. However, there is a big difference between needing money and wanting money and entitlement issues.

I am as disgusted as you and others, norest. I don't know how these parents can live with themselves!

They are not paying for their attorneys, they have a wealthy benefactor, and have neighbors and friends who have brought meals to them over the past year. Also, they have one less mouth to feed, cloth, buy toys and mediction for, No more Drs. bills for Baby Lisa (if she ever went to a doctor)

have you looked at the official lisa irwin facebook page linked on the home page of findlisairwin.com? go to the albums link... click the album titled "lisa's presents are waiting for her to open"... lots of time and money have been spent to promote lisa's eventual (non-existent imo) homecoming :(

if and when KCMOPD comes a knockin', soliciting donations for fraudulent purposes will be just one more charge added to the list...

ranch-- i don't know about "forced"... but thanks for responding.

if and when KCMOPD comes a knockin', soliciting donations for fraudulent purposes will be just one more charge added to the list...

ranch-- i don't know about "forced"... but thanks for responding.

BBM

Your welcome. The reason I used the word "forced" is because I have no reason to believe that Lisa's parents have a lot of money to pay for and make the flyers, bumper stickers and other materials that they do.

So they have been put into a position where they have to ask for help in order to keep awareness about Lisa out there.

As Norest4thewicked has said up thread, "Since I could probably count on two hands the number of people in the USA who believe that Lisa is still alive." I would imagine that the donations will be minimal and therefore a non issue. JMO.

http://en-gb.facebook.com/LisaIrwinUpdates

Does anyone know if comments have been disabled here, there seems to be nothing for the last few months but i remember reading posts in october

That page has been taken over by Deborah Bradly's friends/family. If you post on that page and have an opinion other than Deb is innocent, you are likely going to lose your Facebook privileges for anywhere from a few days to a month. The small group of nuts that have taken over than page have been around on social media since the beginning, attacking anyone what doesn't believe there was a kidnapping. They are quite ruthless, & quite INSANE. Since they read here, I shall report back after I am attacked & blocked.... lol :seeya:

That page has been taken over by Deborah Bradly's friends/family. If you post on that page and have an opinion other than Deb is innocent, you are likely going to lose your Facebook privileges for anywhere from a few days to a month. The small group of nuts that have taken over than page have been around on social media since the beginning, attacking anyone what doesn't believe there was a kidnapping. They are quite ruthless, & quite INSANE. Since they read here, I shall report back after I am attacked & blocked.... lol :seeya:

I thought the page is run by a local KC media station...so I'm not sure how you would lose FB privileges from posting anything anti-parents there.

I thought the page is run by a local KC media station...so I'm not sure how you would lose FB privileges from posting anything anti-parents there.

They report your posts. If enough people (or enough fake profiles, they have MANY) report a post, you will lose your FB privileges. Don't believe me? Try it. :seeya:

thank you ksstormy,I think I get the picture, censorship

Spin team, trying to sway public opinion. You will notice the same names on many different news articles regarding Lisa, always defending the parents.

Spin team, trying to sway public opinion. You will notice the same names on many different news articles regarding Lisa, always defending the parents.

There is no need for censorship if parents are innocent

There is no need for censorship if parents are innocent

If comments are about bashing the parents and not about trying to find Lisa Irwin, meaning off topic, then why shouldn't they be censored. The same thing happens here with OT posts.

if my child was legitimately missing and i had nothing to do with it -despite not cooperating with police and other actions that made me seem less than innocent- i wouldn't be online spending so much time bothering to censor the thoughts and opinions of others regardless of how wrong and unkind they are. i would be out looking for my child (and spending as much quality time with the children i still had) and trying to help LE do the same, and i would ask my friends and family and supporters to do the same. public perception would be the LAST thing on my mind if i was innocent. then again if i was innocent i wouldn't have done so many things to make the public believe i was anything other than innocent. the public wouldn't have ammo to speak ill of me... if i was innocent.

if my child was legitimately missing and i had nothing to do with it -despite not cooperating with police and other actions that made me seem less than innocent- i wouldn't be online spending so much time bothering to censor the thoughts and opinions of others regardless of how wrong and unkind they are. i would be out looking for my child (and spending as much quality time with the children i still had) and trying to help LE do the same, and i would ask my friends and family and supporters to do the same. public perception would be the LAST thing on my mind if i was innocent. then again if i was innocent i wouldn't have done so many things to make the public believe i was anything other than innocent. the public wouldn't have ammo to speak ill of me... if i was innocent.

If a person goes to a site/fb page/etc looking for information on BL and all they come across is comment after comment of just attacks on the parents, what purpose has the site served in finding BL? If that was it's true purpose to begin with?

If a person goes to a site/fb page/etc looking for information on BL and all they come across is comment after comment of just attacks on the parents, what purpose has the site served in finding BL? If that was it's true purpose to begin with?

Social media pages for those people who do not believe Lisa was kidnapped are not allowed, the parents' "team" has them shut down. Why? Good question.

Social media pages for those people who do not believe Lisa was kidnapped are not allowed, the parents' "team" has them shut down. Why? Good question.

The parents believe she is kidnapped? And maybe being constantly told that you murdered your baby on a site that was setup for people to help find BL is a little much.

The parents believe she is kidnapped? And maybe being constantly told that you murdered your baby on a site that was setup for people to help find BL is a little much.

No, the parents CLAIM she was kidnapped. We do not know what they actually believe. No amount of bullying is going to change public perception, in reality. :jail:

quite frankly, as a parent, if I was running a social media site regarding my missing child, I would censor the h e double toothpicks out of the comments if they were the accusatory blaming or name calling variety.

Posters who choose that site to vent their anger at the parents should fully expect to be censored.

There are certainly plenty of other sites on the internet where people are free to speak their minds. a missing child's FB page or site run by that child's parents is not the appropriate venue.

MOO IMO All that Jazz

Jazz hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members