New website for Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, on their website, they have a handwritten letter from a 13-year-old girl. Unless this girl has a learning or mental disability, I am very skeptical that a 13-year-old wrote it. First, what teenager sends an actual letter in 2013? She spells "want" like "what"..."fard reaser" "deat cate" but knows how to spell "daughter"? And why she sending a picture of herself in the mail to the Irwins? Also, the letter is dated September 6, and she says that she will be in 8th grade next year...who talks about what grade they will be in next year in September? That makes no sense.

http://findlisairwin.com/

Scroll down to see the letter.

Although I wouldn't put anything past the Irwins, it seems a bit much to make up a fake letter. Although, it really wouldn't shock me if it turned out one of Lisa's brothers wrote it, and Deborah just told them what to write.

Here heee I remember that, but wasn't a bit surprised considering all the other ridiculous stuff they had done. Just another disgusting attempt to get $$, ( "fund reaser" ) IMHO. :moo:

"The chances of Baby Lisa being in the Kansas City area, I don't believe, are all that strong," the family’s attorney John Picerno said, "The national media and the exposure which has been the focus since the beginning is she is out there somewhere in the world and that somebody somewhere is going to see her.”

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_...a-speak-on-blog-talk-radio-show#ixzz2YuHGyBCv

Is he sayng that they're focusing on getting as much national exposure as they possibly can?

JM but it seems to have been very little lately so I think they should change their strategy. Giving interviews to local news outlets would go a long way towards getting national exposure as there is a chance that the their affiliates and people on the Facebook, Twitter etc. pick up the story.

Get an age progression photo and I'm sure a lot of news outlets would gladly do an interview showing it.

Just wondering out loud how much they have got in donations thru their website...

"The chances of Baby Lisa being in the Kansas City area, I don't believe, are all that strong," the family’s attorney John Picerno said, "The national media and the exposure which has been the focus since the beginning is she is out there somewhere in the world and that somebody somewhere is going to see her.”

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_...a-speak-on-blog-talk-radio-show#ixzz2YuHGyBCv

Is he sayng that they're focusing on getting as much national exposure as they possibly can?

JM but it seems to have been very little lately so I think they should change their strategy. Giving interviews to local news outlets would go a long way towards getting national exposure as there is a chance that the their affiliates and people on the Facebook, Twitter etc. pick up the story.

Get an age progression photo and I'm sure a lot of news outlets would gladly do an interview showing it.

I think they should work on getting an interview(s) for the second anniversary, and then get a subsequent interview(s) around the holidays (after Lisa's 3rd birthday) to show the age progression of her. News is slow during that time, and they can tie it in together, like how they miss their daughter at Christmas, and this is what she looks like now, etc. The reason why I think they could get national airtime, as long as they have a development, is because they have people on their team who have connections in the media. Between the morning shows, and People magazine, and HLN, and Megyn Kelly's show...I think at least one of them would be interested in the case again during the anniversary and/or because of the age progression.

Hey everybody - you all know the rules. Please abide by them, and don't just come to visit this case to stir the pot. :(

Salem

We were in Costco yesterday and I saw a baby.... maybe 4 months old or so.
This little girl looked JUST LIKE Lisa. I did a complete double take.
Obviously the baby was way too small... but the resemblance was so strong I couldn't believe it.

It proved to me that even though I haven't looked at the picture in months...
I have definitely not forgotten Lisa's face. :seeya:

:heartbeat:

291835_2002289910763_1239688158_n.jpg

http://findlisairwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/291835_2002289910763_1239688158_n.jpg

There will be an age progression picture of Lisa released by NCMEC after October 3rd, the two year mark of her disappearance.

Lisa was the reason I joined WS,I think about her often. Hits home because my daughter is about the same age.

IMO they could have tried an age progression sooner because babies change so much. My 2 are or two and four but they look nothing like they did when they were 1yr

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Lisa was the reason I joined WS,I think about her often. Hits home because my daughter is about the same age.

IMO they could have tried an age progression sooner because babies change so much. My 2 are or two and four but they look nothing like they did when they were 1yr

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Apparently it's NCMEC policy to wait two years before doing an age progression image.

Investigators now face the great challenge of finding the girl at an age where most children physically change incredibly quickly.

This is one of the reasons why the National Center for Missing and Endangered Children will often work with the FBI on an age-progression technology. It can create an image of what a child would look like after a certain amount of time has passed.

Wyandotte County sheriff's Lt. Kelli Bailiff said the policy is to wait two years before an age progression image is made.

Bailiff said the center typically waits two years because it has thousands of cases on its hands and needed a guideline to follow in order to keep all the cases organized.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19726738/findlisairwin.com

if 1) "most children physically change incredibly quickly", and 2) if parents really wanted to find their allegedly missing "kidnapped" child, why not pay to get the age progression done before the 2 year mark? private companies offer the service too, so no need to wait for ncmec/the fbi :twocents:

http://www.phojoe.com/forensic_compositing.html

if 1) "most children physically change incredibly quickly", and 2) if parents really wanted to find their allegedly missing "kidnapped" child, why not pay to get the age progression done before the 2 year mark? private companies offer the service too, so no need to wait for ncmec/the fbi :twocents:

Maybe Deborah and Jeremy don't know about this service. I never heard of them.

Is there any reviews about how good of a job they do. I imagine a poor age progression would be worse than not doing one at all.

Is there any reviews about how good of a job they do. I imagine a poor age progression would be worse than not doing one at all.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211368112000745

"Very little empirical data exist on the effectiveness of age-progressed images in helping recognize missing children, despite their common use. Furthermore, the few studies that have been conducted have tended to show null results (with the exception of Study 4 from Lampinen, Miller, et al. (2012), which showed a detrimental effect of age-progression), raising the issue of whether age-progressed images truly have no effect on target recognition, or whether the specific paradigm that was used was simply not sensitive enough to detect the effect. Current results add to this tiny literature by examining (1) the effectiveness of a method of age-progression never before studied (computerized images created using APRIL age-progression software) using a methodology specifically designed to be more sensitive to the effects of age-progression; and (2) how the addition of an age-progressed image changes observers’ decision-making strategies in relation to target recognition."

Other resources about age progression at the link as well.

And cost wouldn't matter, since DB has her "guardian angel" paying for everything! Makes me sick!!

I mentioned many months ago that JI and DB should release their pics from the age Lisa would be now because she would likely look like one of them more than her own pic from 10 months old.

Very little empirical data exist on the effectiveness of age-progressed images in helping recognize missing children

so-- forget "empirical data". how about real life situations?

The first successful use of age-progression technology occurred in 1985 when NBC aired a documentary about missing people. The documentary included the story of two young sisters kidnapped by their father in 1977. NBC had contacted Scott Barrows, an artist, and asked him to create a drawing of what the girls possibly looked like eight years after their abduction. Mr. Barrows agreed to the challenge and set about coming up with an age-progressed image of each girl. The likenesses aired on the television show. A few minutes after the images were revealed; a member of the school district the girls attended contacted authorities. The girls were rescued and reunited with their mother. The successful outcome led to the increased use of age-progressed images in missing people cases, the involvement of more artists and fine-tuning of techniques.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5509579_age-progression-technology.html

age-progression photos have been instrumental in the recovery of more than 900 missing children.

quote and several real life examples found @ http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Ah...found-age-progression-images/story?id=8830185

btw, that particular study referenced used only college students as it's sample. not very representative of the population as a whole, so therefore i wonder how much one can extrapolate to it's true reliability for proving what it asserts to prove. additionally, after the results section, there is discussion of other possible problems with methodology/conclusions drawn.

and lastly, unfortunately, i don't believe lisa will be found alive so the whole discussion of these photos is really moot for me. glad though that the technology exists and artists are dedicated to use it to help locate the missing.

I'm pretty sure that if my child was missing I would have fought, looked, searched and begged for an age progression to be done. Nearly two years now...where is she? <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam