NY New York, New York, Blk Male 20-35 UP8456 Found with gunshot wound Henry Hudson Parkway Jul 1992

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Moonwalker9, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Information

Case Numbers
    NCMEC Number--
    ME/C Case NumberM92-05248
    Demographics
    SexMale
    Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
    Possible First Name--
    Possible Middle Name--
    Possible Last Name--
    Possible Nickname--
    Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
    Estimated Age Range (Years)20-35
    Estimated Year of Death1992
    Estimated PMIHours
    Height5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
    Weight145 lbs, Measured
    Circumstances
    TypeUnidentified Deceased
    Date FoundJuly 16, 1992
    NamUs Case CreatedJanuary 26, 2011
    ME/C QA ReviewedJanuary 28, 2011
    Location Found Map
    Street AddressHenry Hudson Parkway at West 158th Street southboundNew York, New York
    CountyNew York County
    GPS Coordinates40.836805 ,-73.94927
    Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black male was found with gunshot wounds next to the southbound service road of the Henry Hudson Parkway at West 158th Street.
    Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
    Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
    Physical Description
    Hair ColorBlack
    Head Hair Descriptioncurly, .5"
    Body Hair Description--
    Facial Hair Descriptionmustache and thin beard
    Left Eye ColorBrown
    Right Eye ColorBrown
    Eye Description--
    Distinctive Physical Features
    Item
    Description
    Scar/mark
    3 scars extend from left corner of mouth onto cheek; "C" shaped .5" scar on left chest; 2" vertical scar on left upper abdomen; 1" vertical scar on right upper abdomen; 4" scar on upper right thigh; multiple scars on both knees; 1" scar on mid-left leg; two parallel 1.75" and 1" scars on left calf; two parallel 1" scar on mid right arm; .5" scar on upper right forearm; rectangular 1x.5" scar on lower right forearm; 2 scars on back of left hand; .25" circular scar on left shoulder

Clothing and Accessories
    Item
    Description
    Clothing
    pink v-neck polo shirt with green trim on collar and "J. Vital" over left pocket, gray sweatshorts with "Georgetown Hoyas" emblem on left leg, blue briefs with dark blue pinstripes, black and blue "New York Giants" cap
    On the Body

Footwear
    white "Reebok" tennis shoes
    On the Body

Street view

Google Maps

RookieInvestigator and cherrymeg like this.
  2. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this along with the threads for other UID black men in NY. When I glanced at new threads and saw them listed I almost thought it could be a serial killer. It doesn't seem like these victims share a killer. Someone has to be missing these men. You wonder how hard people actually worked to identify them.

RookieInvestigator likes this.
  3. Moonwalker9

Moonwalker9 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I decided to go though all nameus profiles with JD's with recognizable face to find out wether they had a threads here or not and many didn't. Especially minorities.

It seems like NEW YORK state created most of these files around 2010 on nameus and many of those are not posted anywhere else either. Its amazing how many unidentified people they have from the years 1989-1993 but hardly anything before or after. I know NY was really rough back then but sill.

The main reason they are still unidentified is probably because nobody bothered looking for them, they were at the bottom of society, their case files were created recently and they haven't got any threads where people are discussing them either. That's why I decided to do it here cause somebody might recognize them ot take an interest in finding out. The internet has made miracles before and will do again.

RookieInvestigator and cherrymeg like this.
  4. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

I know New York was supposed to be rougher back then. Sometimes I think they went too far cleaning up the city jmo. LE needs to go over these cases again. I'm sure at the time they weren't a priority for LE. People that knew some of the men, might have been afraid to get involved in . If drugs or something illegal was involved coming forward could have gotten them killed or locked up. Now old friends and people that knew them might assume someone else identified them a long time ago. Some of the UID could have been transients or homeless and might not have been considered missing by family or friends but 20 or 30 years is a long time to not check in.

Does NamUs include everything cops jotted down or is there more information LE has access to? I wondered if certain tattoos on bodies could be links to schools, an area, gangs, or groups that would have existed then but wouldn't have meaning to the general public.
    Is there a way to get LE's attention? Would starting a facebook page dedicated just to the UID in this time frame help get there faces out there. You really caught something could have kept going unnoticed. I think these men should be able to be identified.

Moonwalker9 likes this.