Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"After hearing evidence from 30 witnesses, the jury for the man accused of murdering Grace Millane will this week learn what the defence has to say.

The accused killer's chief of defence Ian Brookie has made hints he will call an expert pathology witness.

But he has otherwise kept his list of potential witnesses close to his chest as the trial enters its third week in the High Court at Auckland.

Brookie and fellow defence counsel Ron Mansfield will also be in discussions with their client about whether the 27-year-old will himself give evidence."

Grace Millane murder trial: The defence gears up for week three, will the accused give evidence?

"After hearing evidence from 30 witnesses, the jury for the man accused of murdering Grace Millane will this week learn what the defence has to say.

The accused killer's chief of defence Ian Brookie has made hints he will call an expert pathology witness.

But he has otherwise kept his list of potential witnesses close to his chest as the trial enters its third week in the High Court at Auckland.

Brookie and fellow defence counsel Ron Mansfield will also be in discussions with their client about whether the 27-year-old will himself give evidence."

Grace Millane murder trial: The defence gears up for week three, will the accused give evidence?

From the article - BBM
"It's crazy how guys can make one wrong move and go to jail for the rest of their life," he allegedly told her. As if he'll be going to jail for the rest of his life? Life doesn't mean 'life's in NZ does it?

The accused also said "there are a lot of bodies going missing in the Waitākeres".

'Bodies' going missing in the Waitākeres' what does he mean by that? People going missing there or bodies turning up there? Bodies don't go missing ...

Same here! I've had 5 different tabs open trying to find updates as it seemed really quiet in regards to updates. It was definitely scheduled for today.
Yeah it definitely said Monday, I presumed it meant Friday would just be legal arguments in the absence of the jury.. I wonder if the defence want to use some evidence the judge or prosecution are objecting to? So it’s delaying things possibly .

The accused also said "there are a lot of bodies going missing in the Waitākeres".

'Bodies' going missing in the Waitākeres' what does he mean by that? People going missing there or bodies turning up there? Bodies don't go missing ...

You know what though, there have been a few women go missing out that way so his phrasing is wrong but maybe he was talking about this Women vanishing in ‘eerie’ circumstances

You're probably 40 at the earliest. The world has changed a lot. And the outlook of young people have too.

I'm not going to sit here and big up myself to internet strangers but I'm a very normal, decent looking mid-20s man and I can tell you that if you took a lass home and started to lightly put your hands around her neck, she'd brush it away or enjoy it. She wouldn't call you a rapist. It is very very common. It's probably the next step after normal intercourse.

I am beginning to think that the accused has latched onto tiny details and extrapolated them to suit his case. Basically, I am anticipating Grace did say she liked being choked. But that's after the equivalent of a slab of beers between two people in three hours.

Still can't believe this... bloke was the last person to ever see her alive. It's a cruel irony where he nearly walked off because he thought he was too good for her.

Do you think that's why he walked away initially? I need to go find this footage since I didn't notice that. That's horrible.

Do you think that's why he walked away initially? I need to go find this footage since I didn't notice that. That's horrible.
i thought that's how it looked yeah, he kind of sees her, does a 360 and then just carries on walking towards her... its like he was about to turn back but then thought i cant ... it is horrible, i dunno who he thinks he is.

i thought that's how it looked yeah, he kind of sees her, does a 360 and then just carries on walking towards her... its like he was about to turn back but then thought i cant ... it is horrible, i dunno who he thinks he is.

I just revisited some news sites and I don't think this was included in most of the media cuts, I can just see him walking towards her. I've given up looking for now.

You're probably 40 at the earliest. The world has changed a lot. And the outlook of young people have too.

I'm not going to sit here and big up myself to internet strangers but I'm a very normal, decent looking mid-20s man and I can tell you that if you took a lass home and started to lightly put your hands around her neck, she'd brush it away or enjoy it. She wouldn't call you a rapist. It is very very common. It's probably the next step after normal intercourse.

I am beginning to think that the accused has latched onto tiny details and extrapolated them to suit his case. Basically, I am anticipating Grace did say she liked being choked. But that's after the equivalent of a slab of beers between two people in three hours.

Still can't believe this... bloke was the last person to ever see her alive. It's a cruel irony where he nearly walked off because he thought he was too good for her.

I just provided your statement to a group of "lasses" in their 20's and they said this is a bunch of baloney.

I just provided your statement to a group of "lasses" in their 20's and they said this is a bunch of baloney.
As another “younger” one here - a city girl and ex party girl with more than my fair share of ONS - I agree! Not once has a man put his hands around my neck, not once have I asked him too, and if anyone had tried they’d be getting a knee between their legs! Oh and I’ve read all the 50 shades of Grey books and seen the movies...

Thanks for this, I just rewatched this after first seeing it last week. I am now thinking that it's possible he did this as a ha ha funny joke for Grace's benefit. I did a bit of online dating back in the day and there is always that moment where you first see each other in real life which is a bit awkward. This could be his way of trying to break the ice - like he sees her and she sees him, the've made eye contact then he jokingly pretends like he's going to turn around and walk away but then doesn't.

Not that it makes much difference - it could equally be the other scenario, where he was actually going to turn and leave then had second thoughts for whatever reason. But I do think from the trajectory of the way they were walking, and knowing that big open space out the front of sky city - that Grace would most likely have seen the accused too by the time he did his little 360 turn.

From the article - BBM
"It's crazy how guys can make one wrong move and go to jail for the rest of their life," he allegedly told her. As if he'll be going to jail for the rest of his life? Life doesn't mean 'life's in NZ does it?

No way does 'life' mean life here ... someone (Clayton Weatherston) stabbed his ex-girlfriend 216 times in a rage and was sentenced to 18 years minimum non-parole. If found guilty of manslaughter he could serve out only half his sentence before being released. There's no guarantee he'll be granted parole when it comes around though (if, say, he's a pain in the butt in prison they'll just decline his release).

There have been at least four cases in recent years that come to my mind of people going missing in Piha, which is essentially the Waitakere Ranges (two have been men) - I don't want to post links in case it's seen as veering off topic, but if you Google, 'missing in Piha', the results will pop up.

With all due respect, different strokes for different folks ... you can't generalise about peoples' preferences be it by age group or anything else. Plus, certain movies have made this sort of thing less taboo for old and young people alike.

With all due respect, different strokes for different folks ... you can't generalise about peoples' preferences be it by age group or anything else. Plus, certain movies have made this sort of thing less taboo for old and young people alike.

Agree. Obviously by no means justifying what he did but there are definitely a large number of people who are into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni