GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

I didnt know that. Now I do, thank you for sharing.

But 2 years? Well, how gracious of New Zealand to extend him a helping hand of anonymity even after his conviction, too bad he didn't feel any kindness should be extended to his victim before he choked the life from her.
Im going to stay off this thread because this sparked outrage from me. I think he deserves to feel utter and complete shame for what he has done and NZ needs to update that archaic 1920's era law. Poor fellow, media should never have the privilege of uttering his name, just wow, gross.
Edit to add: I did report my own post so it can be removed

But 2 years? Well, how gracious of New Zealand to extend him a helping hand of anonymity even after his conviction, too bad he didn't feel any kindness should be extended to his victim before he choked the life from her.
Im going to stay off this thread because this sparked outrage from me. I think he deserves to feel utter and complete shame for what he has done and NZ needs to update that archaic 1920's era law. Poor fellow, media should never have the privilege of uttering his name, just wow, gross.
It's still suppressed because he is facing other trials within the next year or two on different cases. The name suppression laws are to allow him to have a fair trial (as much as I hate that too it's part of the justice system).

Please please please don't breach those laws and name him anywhere as his lawyers can find any of these kinds of comments online and use them as evidence that he didn't get a fair trial.

there is an option to edit your post so you can remove his name. click 'edit' at the bottom left of the post.

Different jurisdictions just do things differently. There's nothing archaic about ensuring a fair trial. I do share your frustration though.

He'll be named and shamed in good time, a little patience isn't a lot to ask to see justice is done.

Different jurisdictions just do things differently. There's nothing archaic about ensuring a fair trial. I do share your frustration though.

He'll be named and shamed in good time, a little patience isn't a lot to ask to see justice is done.
I was under the impression his trial was over and he was convicted.

Reactions: Hjp
It's still suppressed because he is facing other trials within the next year or two on different cases. The name suppression laws are to allow him to have a fair trial (as much as I hate that too it's part of the justice system).

Please please please don't breach those laws and name him anywhere as his lawyers can find any of these kinds of comments online and use them as evidence that he didn't get a fair trial.

there is an option to edit your post so you can remove his name. click 'edit' at the bottom left of the post.
I was past the hour mark when I realised I couldnt name him. I reported my own post to moderators to remove it earlier this afternoon.

So it will be this Friday then and not a moment too soon. I can only hope the sentence accurately reflects the gravity and deprived circumstances of the case, with a discount only taking into account the time he has already spent on remand.

I would think he will then be taken to Auckland prison to begin his sentence, where I'm sure he'll receive a royal welcome on arrival. I also predict he will be target enemy no 1, within the circles of prison population, and may be forced to serve much of his sentence in isolation.

Not nice, but never more deserving of such a disgusting person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back