New Zodiac Suspect, ROSS SULLIVAN

For Sullivan, how do we explain the cryptography and the bombs/school bus threats in the letters? Having read much of the extensive Sullivan thread on another forum (linked here somewhere) I agree he's an excellent suspect, but I'm unsure of those aspects.

I wish there was some way of confirming his exact whereabouts during this period.

Like some other Z suspects there seems to be some circumstantial evidence that points to Ross Sullivan. As someone else pointed out, if he didn’t drive then it rules him out (unless of course there was an accomplice). I saw something reflecting that he had a motorcycle - that mode of transport could have been involved in the Lake Herman Rd, Lake Berryessa and Paul Stine incidents (where no “car” was seen as I recall) but not in the killing at the park (where Z drove up beside the victims). At this point finding out PS’ driving habits, drivers license history etc is probably a lost cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also rules out him having sent the 1978 (?) Halloween card and any later correspondence.

Anyone watch the show tonight? I hope they can find Donna Lass!!

According to the site linked here earlier, Ross Sullivan died in 1977. Scroll down to see a death certificate and other info.

http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=2300

Interesting.

If he would have been 76 today he was born in 1941 +/- 1 year or so. That puts him in his mid to late 20s when these killings took place.

Yet in 1977 this guy died of heart failure caused by extreme obesity and breathing problems caused by that obesity at the age of 36. I'm not sure what "extreme obesity" would mean in the 1970s, but it's clear that if Sullivan was the Zodiac he must have put on a lot of weight over the course of 5 years or so for it to kill him in so short a period of time.

The snipped from the Santa Cruz Sentinel dated 2/6/68 gives his height and weight at the date of his arrest as 6'1" and 300lb. That puts him at a BMI of 39.5, which is the cusp of what we would consider super obese even today (in the UK at least). Unless he was packing a LOT of muscle that would probably have been extraordinarly fat for the period.

So IF he was the Zodiac, it's very possible that increasing weight and declining health is what put a stop to the killings.

Interesting.

If he would have been 76 today he was born in 1941 +/- 1 year or so. That puts him in his mid to late 20s when these killings took place.

Yet in 1977 this guy died of heart failure caused by extreme obesity and breathing problems caused by that obesity at the age of 36. I'm not sure what "extreme obesity" would mean in the 1970s, but it's clear that if Sullivan was the Zodiac he must have put on a lot of weight over the course of 5 years or so for it to kill him in so short a period of time.

The snipped from the Santa Cruz Sentinel dated 2/6/68 gives his height and weight at the date of his arrest as 6'1" and 300lb. That puts him at a BMI of 39.5, which is the cusp of what we would consider super obese even today (in the UK at least). Unless he was packing a LOT of muscle that would probably have been extraordinarly fat for the period.

So IF he was the Zodiac, it's very possible that increasing weight and declining health is what put a stop to the killings.

We have solid eyewitness accounts of the man thought to be the Zodiac from the night of the Paul Stine murder. No one described the suspect as being anything close to 300 lbs. (or 6'1" for that matter). Sullivan also doesn't resemble the sketches of the suspect from Lake Berryessa (who does not look anything like the Paul Stine suspect).

If Ross Sullivan was the Zodiac,
then perhaps neither the man seen at Lake Berryessa nor the man seen the night of Paul Stine's murder was actually the Zodiac.

Sullivan does seems like a viable suspect in the Cheri Jo Bates case, but I'm not convinced that she was a Zodiac suspect.

We have solid eyewitness accounts of the man thought to be the Zodiac from the night of the Paul Stine murder. No one described the suspect as being anything close to 300 lbs. (or 6'1" for that matter). Sullivan also doesn't resemble the sketches of the suspect from Lake Berryessa (who does not look anything like the Paul Stine suspect).

If Ross Sullivan was the Zodiac,
then perhaps neither the man seen at Lake Berryessa nor the man seen the night of Paul Stine's murder was actually the Zodiac.

Sullivan does seems like a viable suspect in the Cheri Jo Bates case, but I'm not convinced that she was a Zodiac suspect.*
*a Zodiac victim.

One simple question. They have Zodiac's DNA, correct? They used it exonerate ALA. From what I've read RS was cremated. Was LK buried? If so, find some cousins or relatives and get the show on the road already!

One simple question. They have Zodiac's DNA, correct? They used it exonerate ALA. From what I've read RS was cremated. Was LK buried? If so, find some cousins or relatives and get the show on the road already!
It is not quite accurate to say that they have Zodiac's DNA. They have DNA (a partial profile) from a stamp from one of the letters mailed by the person claiming to be the Zodiac. It is likely, but not certain, that the person who sent the letter licked the stamp, and it is highly likely that most of the Zodiac letters were sent by the actual killer. In other words, they have a partial DNA profile that probably came from Zodiac.
They also have some hairs that came from Cheri Jo Bates's bloody hand; those probably contain mitochondrial DNA (as opposed to the nuclear DNA from the stamp).

It is not quite accurate to say that they have Zodiac's DNA. They have DNA (a partial profile) from a stamp from one of the letters mailed by the person claiming to be the Zodiac. It is likely, but not certain, that the person who sent the letter licked the stamp, and it is highly likely that most of the Zodiac letters were sent by the actual killer. In other words, they have a partial DNA profile that probably came from Zodiac.
They also have some hairs that came from Cheri Jo Bates's bloody hand; those probably contain mitochondrial DNA (as opposed to the nuclear DNA from the stamp).

I believe Tom Voigt, owner of www.zodiackiller.com confirmed in one of his podcasts that Law Enforcement has a full DNA profile of Zodiac.

The Hunt for the zodiac killer which aired ep 4 last night on the history channel, I just watched it over at dailymotion.com. So they tease the next episode with someone finding the solution to the 340 cipher and they show Sullivan next to Zodiac at the bottom line. I found this timeline of Suspect Ross Sullivan, he may have been institutionalized after 1970. Later died in 1977.
http://zodiackillerciphers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ross_Sullivan

How does the 1978 letter fit in? Law enforcement seems to think it is legitimate.

Here is some new handwriting from Ross Sullivan that apparently appeared from his very own senior yearbook. Some letters of his handwriting have been compared to known Zodiac handwriting.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1512617869984.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512617869984.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 148
  • FB_IMG_1512618283090.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512618283090.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20171208_074815.jpg
    20171208_074815.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 148
Not a handwriting expert but many of those letters look nothing alike.

A friend of mine works the incoming tips desk at a local news outlet in OH. They have been receiving cryptic messages with this picture attached. No one knows what to think, sounds like a hoax, but damn they sure do look alike. I thought I would put it out to the experts for some feedback. Any thoughts?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0DB4B7E5-B7FA-4F3B-9F80-A8C2021EA9AB.png
    0DB4B7E5-B7FA-4F3B-9F80-A8C2021EA9AB.png
    426.8 KB · Views: 167
A friend of mine works the incoming tips desk at a local news outlet in OH. They have been receiving cryptic messages with this picture attached. No one knows what to think, sounds like a hoax, but damn they sure do look alike. I thought I would put it out to the experts for some feedback. Any thoughts?
attachment.php

Just my opinion but if it were really linked to the true Zodiac, these would be sent to California area newspapers versus Chicago. I do hope that these letters are being handled and preserved properly for investigative use in case they are somehow legit. Pretty likely that Zodiac is either dead or too feeble now to be starting up his activities again.

I believe Tom Voigt, owner of www.zodiackiller.com confirmed in one of his podcasts that Law Enforcement has a full DNA profile of Zodiac.
If he said that, then he may have overstated the case. They cannot be positive that any given sample is from Zodiac.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back