Newborn found at fire department

I absoluely agree. It seems that the "Safe Haven Laws" vary from state to state with some still not having the program at all.

How wonderful it would be to standardize the law to include not just the hospitals but fire stations and police stations where they are always manned and there is no fear of procecution. Pennsylvania should use this as an educational experience to get the word out and not to chase after the mother who tried to do the right thing.

The entire idea of these laws are to save babies.

The media is reporting that they have located the 29 yr old mother. they have not mentioned any pending charges, whether she has recieved any medical treatment .. but did mention she was local to the fire station where the baby was left..
It may simply be too early to know if will charge her or not since she technically didnt meet the requirements for the safe haven law...I pray they dont I do believe it will have an adverse effect on those who would use this as a means to give up their children without the stigma of publicly doing so and ultimately saving many infants who may other wise be in jeopardy.

Someone dimed this woman out after they recognized her voice in the 911 call.

That's amazing someone recognized her voice. I'm going to post about something so similar it's frightening. A baby was left outside a Dallas fire department. The baby unfortunately is deceased.

Texas law deems a fire department part of "safe haven".

Whoops, I almost forgot. Did anyone see the phtographs of the baby boy from Montco? This infant is absolutely gorgeous. All babies are beautiful, but my mom remarked for a brand, spanking new baby this little one is perfect. He's really a beautiful baby. I'm sending prayers up for his mom.

so someone turned the mom in?
how old was she? did the police take her in?

so someone turned the mom in?
how old was she? did the police take her in?

Mrs. To Be,:) supposedly someone recognized her voice on the 911 call and dimed her out.

She's 29, TT.

My friend had told me they left the mom alone, but obviously they haven't. I have to go look up more. Both parents were found. No charges filed as the mom had actually researched Safe Haven Laws for Pennsy and was misinformed.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6384576

the cop who started this hounding process should be charged with something serious next time they find a baby in a dumpster. i am still so mad!

Ugh..I can't believe this woman was outed, questioned by cops, etc.! I am so mad. I fear that other women who can't care for their babies are now not going to believe in the Safe Haven Laws:mad: I know that in this state the fire station didn't qualify as a safe haven - but her heart was in the right place. I hope they do not find themselves with numerous cases of finding abandoned newborns deceased because of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back