News from the Enquirer Re:Why they requested closed meeting

I could call the "National Enquirer" as a source and give the same exact story to them. Anyone can call and repeat what LP stated so long ago.

Where did LP sell that story before?

Respecfully Quoted Patty G :)

Oops! Caught me on an assumption... :blushing: Because LP was on NG and many other "news shows/talk shows" I assumed he got money when he was telling this story. Sorry if he did not get money, I stand corrected. But I am right in saying that this was his story yes?

If anyone has a link to when and where LP was talking about what he knew? The WS thread for it would be great. TIA

...JS...

Does anyone have Casey's complete visitor log? I have one that ends 7/26/08 and one that doesn't start until 10/15/08. If by any stretch of the imagination the Enquirer was correct that the prosecutors had only recently learned of this (alleged-and-probably-never-happened) statement, I would think it would have to have been made in the context of a meeting that was logged in as an "attorney meeting" but in actuality was with a person who would not "count" for purposes of the attorney-client privilege--or arguably would not count. I assume the prosecutors would have reviewed the tapes of all other visits.

I realize we have to take NE articles with a huge slab of salt, but you may be on to a possibility here that we can certainly speculate on within rational parameters.

If DC had a private meeting with KC in late July and she gave him info on locating Caylee's remains, perhaps DC created the daisy chain by contacting a civil servant with the info as a "reliable rumor" and plying him with reward promises if it was done before KC was bonded out. That would certainly explain the RK connection and his sense of urgency - he may have been innocently acting on a tip he thought would net out well.

If DC acted alone at that point because KC was advised by her attorney not to compromise him ethically by saying too much, then JB might not have figured things out until DC and Hoover were busted filming the area.

What this could address, however, is the inexplicable way the defense has suddenly gone nuclear on defaming RK's character (when they clearly had over a year to do so), so that if DC decided to cop to the truth, it would not be easily corroborated by a credible RK. AL suddenly playing dirty with the person who located the body may have had pre-emptive overtones that were meant to address a plea deal DC may have taken.

It could also explain why that not only NE's "source" wants to stay quiet, but why the state may have asked for the ex parte to frame the reason they want new information from a witness kept out of the public eye and to insure this person is not harassed. Making sure that JS knows ahead of time might also protect this witness (if it is DC) from the sleazy shenanigans the defense pulled on RK.

There are so many possibilities that have merit given what we know. Something even goofier than this might end up being what's behind all this. One thing this case has shown us is that anything is possible with that bunch.

I ran across a photo the other day of DC and Lee walking together with media around them. Does anyone know where this took place and when? I cannot find it now.

I ran across a photo the other day of DC and Lee walking together with media around them. Does anyone know where this took place and when? I cannot find it now.

I believe that you are referring to the news conference that was called by MBart. That was also one of the days that DC and JH went on their search for Caylee's body in the woods. After their search, they attended the news conference and that is when the photo of DC and Lee was snapped.

They were walking together into the OC jail, right after Casey was arrested.
Google it and a photo will come up- I don't want to link to the site...

Respecfully Quoted Patty G :)

Oops! Caught me on an assumption... :blushing: Because LP was on NG and many other "news shows/talk shows" I assumed he got money when he was telling this story. Sorry if he did not get money, I stand corrected. But I am right in saying that this was his story yes?

If anyone has a link to when and where LP was talking about what he knew? The WS thread for it would be great. TIA

...JS...

Leonard stated this a long time ago, so this is not new news and IMO, Leonard didn't contact the Enquirer.

ETA: Leonard must of spoke about this perhaps late December 2008 or perhaps January 2009. Just not sure at the moment.

IIRC, this subject came up before and I believe the date was narrowed down to very late in July 2008. I'll go link-diving shortly, but am not real confident I'll know where I found it.

IIRC, this subject came up before and I believe the date was narrowed down to very late in July 2008. I'll go link-diving shortly, but am not real confident I'll know where I found it.

View attachment 7719

I do not know the date, they were at the jail here. The words under the photo say "Lee Anthony and Dominic Casey Outside Orange Co. Jail
Soon After Casey Anthony's Arrest "

I thought I had read that the wheel well contained soil that was highly acidic and so the did trunk. Would be interested to know the results of Caylees final resting spot.

Casey could have backed her car up to the woods, this would be fairly easy on a dead end school zone during the summer especially with your headlights off. Could have attempted to bury (re-bury) Caylee on Suburban, but once she encountered the issue of the roots gave up and stuck the tool she was using to attempt the ill planned excavation back in the trunk (soil in the trunk) before deciding to just cover her the best she could. I thought I read and saw pictures of large pieces of white styrofoam like material they said had been sort of placed over some of the remains?

You could see a decent sized white object fairly well in the dark of night. And I am sure you wouldn't know the difference between pavers or bricks in the dark. Do we even know if Casey knows concrete pavers aren't bricks?

80 feet could easily be 8 feet. Come on, we've all played telephone/snowball.

What about with attorney-client meetings, who would be within an earshot during those?

I realize we have to take NE articles with a huge slab of salt, but you may be on to a possibility here that we can certainly speculate on within rational parameters.

If DC had a private meeting with KC in late July and she gave him info on locating Caylee's remains, perhaps DC created the daisy chain by contacting a civil servant with the info as a "reliable rumor" and plying him with reward promises if it was done before KC was bonded out. That would certainly explain the RK connection and his sense of urgency - he may have been innocently acting on a tip he thought would net out well.

If DC acted alone at that point because KC was advised by her attorney not to compromise him ethically by saying too much, then JB might not have figured things out until DC and Hoover were busted filming the area.

What this could address, however, is the inexplicable way the defense has suddenly gone nuclear on defaming RK's character (when they clearly had over a year to do so), so that if DC decided to cop to the truth, it would not be easily corroborated by a credible RK. AL suddenly playing dirty with the person who located the body may have had pre-emptive overtones that were meant to address a plea deal DC may have taken.

It could also explain why that not only NE's "source" wants to stay quiet, but why the state may have asked for the ex parte to frame the reason they want new information from a witness kept out of the public eye and to insure this person is not harassed. Making sure that JS knows ahead of time might also protect this witness (if it is DC) from the sleazy shenanigans the defense pulled on RK.

There are so many possibilities that have merit given what we know. Something even goofier than this might end up being what's behind all this. One thing this case has shown us is that anything is possible with that bunch.

Could be but I'm still stuck on the idea that this was during the time when Casey and Baez were still unusually "tight". If Casey did indeed confess something of it to Baez, Baez could have sent D.Casey to visit Casey to get the details. This way he (Baez) may have felt he wasn't getting his hands "dirty". Cindy and George tried to get Casey to talk to D.Casey but she was under impressed with the idea. I just can't see the conversation happening at all, without Baez's blessing and direction. There is no way Casey would go around Baez, particularly because of D.Casey's connection with her parents.
Er - Kimster may have been talking to me so - so I think this is from a shielded defense source who is trying to bring the focus away from D.Casey and back to RK.

But she wasn't buried.:waitasec:

:waitasec:Could it be that Casey tried to Bury Caylee on the other side of Suburban and with the Rain and storms the remains were moved by the flooding?

Let's make sure we stay on the topic of this thread: News from the Enquirer Re:Why they requested closed meeting

If another thought comes up, find the appropriate thread or create a new one if the topic hasn't been brought up before. Thanks!

80 feet could easily be 8 feet. Come on, we've all played telephone/snowball.

What about with attorney-client meetings, who would be within an earshot during those?

Respectfully snipped and BBM- What comes to mind is JB's claims that he could hear the intercom making noises while they were having private meetings, before saying he wasn't alleging that people were listening in, but it caused them to talk in a limited fashion regardless.
I don't believe for a second that KC would admit her guilt to anyone at the jail.
Anybody else think the NE 'source' could be the dude who worked with JB who tried to sell JB's shirts on ebay and the wristband worn by KC? He's clearly trying to cash in on his connection to the case.

Not accusing him of anything- just looking at it as a possibility.

Does the privledge extend to everyone who works at the law firm, or just the attys?

I still think the Kronk connection may be innocent. The first time he looked, he was in the area as a meter reader and curious. He was also hoping there was a reward, but he and a lot of people who searched didn't realize the reward was for a live Caylee only. Then, IIRC, public records show Kronk was working in the area again in November, when DC and Hoover were in the woods. Kronk may have seen them, and had his curiosity piqued again. When he was again assigned duty on Suburban in December, perhaps he went straight to the spot he had seen DC searching and found the remains. Totally speculation, but it makes sense.

Regarding the truth of the NE story -- it could very well have been DC who heard the confession, either directly from Baez, from Casey or from a jail employee. This would explain why he has been fighting so hard to prove some type of privilege to someone/anyone to avoid having to admit what he heard, what he knew, and why he went into the woods. If he had no privilege, then wouldn't he have been legally required to inform LE if he heard KC confess? Like AzLawyer, I'd sure like to figure out exactly when this alleged confession took place. There's a reason LE has been working so hard to nail down the dates DC was working for Baez.

I am having trouble with the NE's story (and any other variation of this theory on RK). This would mean that within 4 weeks of KC's arrest, not only did RK's friend pass this info to him, but his employer also happened to send him to that area, for the very first time in his career with the county.
His co-workers did not indicate that RK went off path to go over to this area, and his supervisors seemed to believe it was reasonable for him to be there, so I'm guessing he was assigned to that area by the county.
If RK had requested to go to that area, I would hope his supervisors would have mentioned that, and I think they would have.
Hope that makes sense....

I am having trouble with the NE's story (and any other variation of this theory on RK). This would mean that within 4 weeks of KC's arrest, not only did RK's friend pass this info to him, but his employer also happened to send him to that area, for the very first time in his career with the county.
His co-workers did not indicate that RK went off path to go over to this area, and his supervisors seemed to believe it was reasonable for him to be there, so I'm guessing he was assigned to that area by the county.
If RK had requested to go to that area, I would hope his supervisors would have mentioned that, and I think they would have.
Hope that makes sense....

Very interesting... makes sense to me.

I've never put too much store in the story of the over-heard-jail-conversation because that would have put KC confessing to someone very early in this saga, right after her arrest. And that I don't believe happened. GA said that KC would take something as far as she could before giving in, and we saw this when she walked the detectives into Universal Studios and marched towards her office. No. I don't believe KC has given up on pinning this on someone else. ANYONE else. Confess? I highly doubt it. MOO

This story probably has several kernels of truth.

I wonder if running over "bricks" or "pavers" is how she got those flat tires on those Fridays...

I keep trying to figure out how the flat tires fit in. I know that old tires were found near Caylee's remains.

Perhaps instead of tripping over them, she accidentally DROVE over them?
:waitasec:

Quote Respect okiedokietoo :)
BBM

Yes. I wonder that also. I have no idea if any of this is true, but I do wonder why if you are going to make something up why you wouldn't go with known facts? Why give a story that goes so against what is known? :twocents:
lol tho casey doesnt ever tell stories that line up with the known facts so why would she start now? i doubt that this story is true but just had to say LOLOL! casey is liable to say anything to anyone at any time, never tell the same story twice, and still believe herself to be telling the truth. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back